Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlotte County K9 teams play vital role in FBI's search for Brian Laundrie

The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office K9 unit is one of many agencies who aided in the search for Brian Laundrie, the fiance of Gabby Petito.

Friday, September 17, Brian Laundrie’s parents reported him missing. That night, deputy first class Steven Sella and K9 Copper went to work.

First, they went to the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park where Brian supposedly went for a hike Monday.

“We get to the park and the entire parking lot, which is a dirt parking lot, is completely covered in water,” Sella said.

That was only the first of the challenges the team would face.

Now K9 crews from all over Florida are involved in the search. This week, NBC2 saw K9 units at the Carlton Reserve from Pasco and Brevard counties.

“Bloodhounds are known to be able to track, especially older scents like that. Their ability, their sniffing abilities are so much higher than a normal dog,” Sella said. “They work a lot slower so they’re able to go a little bit longer and they’re able to really focus in on the scents.”

There is still more than $100,000 in reward money available to anyone with information on Brian Laundrie’s location. You can call in tips to 1-800-CALL-FBI.
I learned that one of the reasons blood hounds are good at tracing faint scents is because their ears touch the ground and act as brooms that kick up the residual molecules the bloodhounds can more easily detect. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...YQFnoECAUQBQ&usg=AOvVaw2UiungypVZ-x1mJKmn7r1_

After just finishing watching a TV series we watch, my phone had a Fox News push that BL’s Dad, Christopher, has now joined the search. I’m sure this has been all over WS’s by now since my push was 2 hours ago…I went back a few pages to read some posts but couldn’t catch up so fast…. I just wanted to hop on and hope and pray that BL will be brought in soon. I’d get ahead of myself in hoping they are closing in on him but I am hoping, by LE asking his Dad to get involved, there can be a peaceful capture. For those of you who were here during the Chris Watts days you’ll remember when RW spoke w/his son. Sometimes it takes that kind of interaction for a surrender…. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I'll bet he's getting re-supplied. At one point, I thought that was the purpose of the Mustang: it would hold all the re-supply.

It's possible he has a tiny gas stove that maybe wouldn't attract attention the way a fire would, but he'd still have to get gas re-supply.

He wouldn't need a gas resupply yet if he carried in a couple of the 8 oz cannisters and a large box of instant oatmeal.

I recall Gabby’s mom on the Dr Phil episode say they were camping. I wonder if there are pictures/videos that Gabby took that the FBI was somehow able to find, and puts BL at the crime scene.
The problem is, the word "camping" can mean many things. It doesn't mean you have to have a tent.

IMO they didn't have a tent here; they didn't have a tent up at all. BL got violent, GP tried to get away from him, and BL caught up to her here.
Hmmm. She was quite petite. I can't see her making off across the creek bed, stumbling across stones, wading through (how deep?) water in several places, towards open wilderness on the other side - or that she would get that far before BL caught up with her.

My guess he carried her over at night (and that was about as far as he would want to carry her) and left her body on the other side knowing that it would be found eventually, but not immediately, thereby giving himself time to provide himself an alibi (that they had split up) and allow the possibility that she was murdered by someone else while she was there alone. After that though, it seems he didn't have the nerve to stick to his story and, assuming he would be caught sooner or later, went awol to have some last moments of 'freedom' before the game was up.

<ModSnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they camped.
That was not a legal camping spot, and those dispersed campsites were busy enough they were getting monitored. That's why, as they were looking for a spot, the folks who took the video with the white van in it actually had to leave because there weren't any. They evidently assessed that LE were patrolling and you couldn't camp in a no-camp spot.

Maybe that is what they fought about.

I don't think they camped.
That was not a legal camping spot, and those dispersed campsites were busy enough they were getting monitored. That's why, as they were looking for a spot, the folks who took the video with the white van in it actually had to leave because there weren't any. They evidently assessed that LE were patrolling and you couldn't camp in a no-camp spot.
Plus, a 5 minute walk to a tent site is pretty far away from the van for safety or convenience. If there was a plan, it was probably to sleep in the van. jmo

Watching Dr Phil clips from Banfield (I have it recorded but haven't watched it yet) the big confirmation for me: He did cross the creek with her. Some of you may remember our discussions over the crime scene photos - 2 locations, and a rock by the creek (2nd location) being tagged as an evidence marker.

Photos from 2 scenes in middle of piece: Petito’s death ruled a homicide, experts see Laundrie as abuser

It would appear that they set up a tent and campfire at that location, not that he carried her body there. If this is the case, then it seems likely the event happened very late on the 27th or sometime on the 28th and that he left her where she fell.

Her mom reportedly received a text from her cell on aug30. Mom doesn't believe that it was Gabby who sent the text, but she must have seen that it was sent from Gabby's phone. (the Yosemite text) jmo

Apparently it's possible to send texts from a computer and make it appear they came from a specific phone number? MOO Could BL have had the information and savvy to do that?

Do we really have to say MOO or JMO after every post? - it's getting tiresome to read.)
Only when you phrase something as fact but don't post a WS-acceptable link backing it up. If that's every post, then yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member