Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

MEDIA, MAPS thread *NO DISCUSSION*

TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Case Players and Initials Reference List

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54

Last edited by a moderator:
Wfla Live Stream
Brian's Instagram:
Login • Instagram

Where we are at this time:
-A FEDERAL ARREST WARRANT HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR BRIAN RELATED TO DEBIT/CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS FOLLOWING THE DEATH OF GABBY.

-Dog the Bounty Hunter has joined the search
-Deer Cam individual has been identified and IS NOT BRIAN
-Brian Laundrie is officially named a POI by Law Enforcement
-Awareness foundation is approved for discussion
-Authorities have the van

-FBI has searched the Laundrie home
-Authorities are searching for BL who is now considered a missing person: current known search is at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park / Carlton Reserve
-BL’s parents shared with LE they have not seen BL since Tuesday

-Mustang has been towed and returned
-Autopsy determines homicide

———————————————
Mod Note:
Please Read and Acknowledge

-Gabby’s case is not connected to the double homicide - DO NOT BRING IT BACK INTO THE Thread
-DO NOT BRING IN COVID / COVID SHOTS
-DO NOT BRING IN MENTAL HEALTH

-Do not start or encourage conspiracy theories
-Speculation or suggestions of a hoax or drug use is not permitted
-Include links to sources
-Do not link to unapproved social media
-post to engage in dialogue, not to bicker or argue with fellow posters
-No sleuthing BL’s parents/sister or other family members
-WS is Law Enforcement friendly - it OK to have an opinion on the status of events but do not openly bash LE on WS
-Find Gabby FB page is not approved
-NickTheHat Twitter IS NOT AN APPROVED JOURNALISM Source

Violations of the bullets above will result in an immediate time out. If you have a question or a concern, please use the report link at the bottom of any post rather than stating your concern in thread.

Complete list of rules can be found here: RULES

Thank you for helping us keep this thread open and running smoothly by following the rules and guidelines above. We don’t like closing threads any more than you like experiencing a thread closure.

Thanks for being amazing and valued WS members!!

Best to All,
Tiff

=====

APPROVED Social Media
Dash Cam Video from Red White & Bethune
Enhanced Van Video

Miranda Baker - Alleged to pick BL up Hitchhiking
Van Witness Video #2

Mod Note:

We are starting to lose focus that this thread is about Gabby and the current search for Brian.

Mental Health: Only bring it into the discussion if it is a statement in media or LE reports. Do not expand beyond what has been provided to us regarding Gabby and/or Brian and mental Health.

Domestic Violence: Many posters here have stories. In our own personal ways, we all have stories. The challenge we have in these threads is the separation of our personal stories and the focus of the thread.

This thread is about Gabby's story.

As mods, we have hearts, we care about each of you, and it is hard to delete a post on thread that may include your personal story. However, we have to remind ourselves this is about Gabby's story. Please keep her the focus of the thread.

ADMIN NOTE:

Discussing info that is in MSM about the parents is allowed. Sleuthing out information related to them, just because it is publicly available is not allowed.

If you don't understand the difference, private message a Mod or Admin and we will help clarify.

Brian Entin on Twitter
This is the North Port PD abandoned vehicle report related to the Mustang at the Carlton Reserve. Everything is blacked out because of the open investigation. But the time stamp is still there: 9-14-21 2:42pm

1:01 PM · Oct 6, 2021·Twitter Web App

Brian Entin on Twitter
1/2 Laundrie attorney Mr. Bertolino says Chris Laundrie was asked to help police in search at the reserve today. Full Bertolino statement: "Chris Laundrie was asked to assist law enforcement in their search for Brian at the preserve today. Since the preserve has been closed...
8:01 PM · Oct 6, 2021·Twitter Web App

Brian Entin on Twitter
2/2 ...to the public Chris has not been able to look for Brian in the only place Chris and Roberta believe Brian may be. Unfortunately North Port police had to postpone Chris’ involvement but Chris and Roberta are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist."

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
North Port police spokesman Josh Taylor disputes this claim from Bertolino. "In no world would we ask or have any actions like that," he said, deferring further questions to the FBI.
8:48 PM · Oct 6, 2021·Twitter Web App

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
"In no world would we be the agency asking the family to help search in an FBI led investigation," Taylor says.
8:54 PM · Oct 6, 2021·Twitter Web App

Brian Entin on Twitter (Video includes atty Bertolino's text to NewsNation)
Our latest report. Christopher Laundrie was asked by police to assist in the search, attorney says. Plus we look more closely at the fixed wing drone spotted at the reserve today -- what sort of technology on it is helping with the manhunt?
9:30 PM · Oct 6, 2021·Twitter Media Studio

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
Taylor declines to discuss whether NPPD invited Chris to search prior to FBI involvement.

9:39 PM · Oct 6, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
And Laundrie attorney adds “Perhaps a liaison to FBI, but my statement is correct.”

9:42 PM · Oct 6, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Cuomo Prime Time on Twitter (Video)
Breaking news: Law enforcement says it found remnants of recently used campsite at Carlton Preserve in the search for Brian Laundrie
9:53 PM · Oct 6, 2021·SnapStream TV Search

OCT 6, 2021
Brian Laundrie: Remnants of recently used campsite found at the Florida reserve that has been focus of search, source says - CNN
Police searching for Brian Laundrie have found the remnants of a campsite that appeared to have been recently used at the Florida reserve that has been the focus on efforts to find him, a source close to the family told CNN's Chris Cuomo on Wednesday.

Earlier, law enforcement had asked his father to show them trails that his son was known to have used, but then told him that because of the discovery, they wanted to search the area alone.

[...]

CNN asked Bertolino whether Brian's parents believe he's in the reserve or another area. "No, they don't believe he's in another area. They believe he is in the preserve," Bertolino said.

Also Wednesday, the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office was asked to help in the search for Laundrie at the reserve. Aerial video recorded above the Carlton Reserve showed police vehicles in the area.

Bertolino confirmed to CNN that authorities are communicating with him about any developments.

[...]

"Upon further communication with the FBI and confirmation of the Mustang being at the Laundrie residence on Wednesday September 15, we now believe the day Brian left to hike in the preserve was Monday September 13."

North Port police confirmed Wednesday that an abandoned vehicle notice was placed on a Ford Mustang belonging to the Laundrie family outside the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park on September 14.

Bertolino told CNN that Laundrie's father, Chris, went to look for him on the night of September 13 when he didn't return from the park.

The next day, on September 14, both of Brian's parents returned to the area to look for Brian and saw the citation on the car, Bertolino said.

The parents returned again the next day, September 15, to retrieve the vehicle.

@oviedo

Apparently it's possible to send texts from a computer and make it appear they came from a specific phone number? MOO Could BL have had the information and savvy to do that?
Snipped for focus
Yes, it's possible to send texts from my computer as though they're coming from my phone number. You wouldn't know if they were coming from my phone or my computer or my ipad. The phone screen is much too small for me, so I actually send MOST of my texts from a laptop
I just verified. In Message preferences, you just enter the number you want to make it look like you're calling from. EZPZ

sigh, this. I’ve had this inkling for about two weeks that GP’s mom knows something, that BL did or said something that let her know that he had done something to GP. it’s a gut feeling, based mostly on things she has and hasn’t said. It occurred to me that it might be a picture. My first thought was her Apple Watch, but I was told they don’t take photos. But this. perhaps when BL snatches the phone he speed dials GP’s mom and she sees or hears some part of this. Jmo

The Apple Watch can function as a remote control for the iPhone but IMO it would be unlikely in this case because it is a multi-step process.

Use Camera Remote and timer on Apple Watch

Holy crap, am I crazy for feeling excited/ hopeful regarding this discovery?!

No campfire tonight is completely different. A CNN report that one was found in the reserve. Others have posted on that in here not me so I have no link for you.

Brian Laundrie: Remnants of recently used campsite found at the Florida reserve that has been focus of search, source says - CNN

(Not sure if quotes carried over from last thread since I'm posting from my phone)

Brian Entin on Twitter
This is the North Port PD abandoned vehicle report related to the Mustang at the Carlton Reserve. Everything is blacked out because of the open investigation. But the time stamp is still there: 9-14-21 2:42pm

1:01 PM · Oct 6, 2021·Twitter Web App

Brian Entin on Twitter
1/2 Laundrie attorney Mr. Bertolino says Chris Laundrie was asked to help police in search at the reserve today. Full Bertolino statement: "Chris Laundrie was asked to assist law enforcement in their search for Brian at the preserve today. Since the preserve has been closed...

Brian Entin on Twitter
2/2 ...to the public Chris has not been able to look for Brian in the only place Chris and Roberta believe Brian may be. Unfortunately North Port police had to postpone Chris’ involvement but Chris and Roberta are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist."

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
North Port police spokesman Josh Taylor disputes this claim from Bertolino. "In no world would we ask or have any actions like that," he said, deferring further questions to the FBI.
8:48 PM · Oct 6, 2021·Twitter Web App

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
"In no world would we be the agency asking the family to help search in an FBI led investigation," Taylor says.
8:54 PM · Oct 6, 2021·Twitter Web App

Brian Entin on Twitter (Video includes atty Bertolino's text to NewsNation)
Our latest report. Christopher Laundrie was asked by police to assist in the search, attorney says. Plus we look more closely at the fixed wing drone spotted at the reserve today -- what sort of technology on it is helping with the manhunt?
9:30 PM · Oct 6, 2021·Twitter Media Studio

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
Taylor declines to discuss whether NPPD invited Chris to search prior to FBI involvement.

9:39 PM · Oct 6, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
And Laundrie attorney adds “Perhaps a liaison to FBI, but my statement is correct.”

9:42 PM · Oct 6, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Cuomo Prime Time on Twitter (Video)
Breaking news: Law enforcement says it found remnants of recently used campsite at Carlton Preserve in the search for Brian Laundrie
9:53 PM · Oct 6, 2021·SnapStream TV Search

He's really something, that Bertolino. MOO

"This is how North Port Police responded to us: The FBI is the lead. The NPPD, would not be making these decisions and actions. The FBI would have to answer if that was true."

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1445925440267378688

Last edited:
"I think she was of average height and weight for her age, and that Brian was on the slight side. If you have a link otherwise, I'm happy to be corrected. If she died as a result of an attack by him, I think it was the result of an unfortunate fall or similar."

not sure how to carry over a quote...

Gabby is not average, she's tiny. And Brian is 60 lbs heavier, with quite large hands IMO. He could easily have killed her and carried her around. He is average, she is well below the average size of a woman, IMO. Also, if it were an accident Brian wouldn't be running...also, nowhere to fall from, where she was found. It was flat and sandy.

I would first question... why the emergency to move everything out NOW?

Pretty sure there is NO emergency to get things moved right then, at least regarding the storage unit people.
Perhaps with BL there was though. Hmmmmm

Then I would say, I will move it when we return home.

I mean...they were on an adventure together, correct ???

who flies home in the middle of an fun adventure ???

Hmmmmm

I've done this a bunch of times now and was going to quit beating it into oblivion, but since you asked.

While I personally believe the coming home was a cooling off period, it is also economically feasible if they were planning to continue their trip into an extended vanlife tour of the West Coast. They also could have wanted some stuff they left in storage that they didn't need for a 4 month trip but would for a year long trip. and/or they wanted to exchange out some stuff from what they had in the van to storage. He did give away one of his skateboards and maybe the guitar was taking up too much space. Add it all up together and you can make it make sense. Or maybe, he forgot to remove the storage key from his keyring and no one else could get into it.

I also follow other vanlife and boatlife channels and have seen quite a few times where one or both of the people fly home for differing reasons mid trip.

Holy crap, am I crazy for feeling excited/ hopeful regarding this discovery?!

(Not sure if quotes carried over from last thread since I'm posting from my phone)
I don't believe anything panned out from that. FBI didn't even go. They delegated it to local LE from what I understand. Not 100% sure. MOO. Someone please jump in if anything came of that campfire. Thx.

Anderson Cooper replay now. Retired acting police commissioner talking about the time that has elapsed. There's a risk the trail goes cold after all this time. I hope they have a lot that we do not yet know. MOO
IMHO, with nearly 4 full days lead time, the trail was cold before they started searching. He could be anywhere. He could have hitchhiked, hopped a bus or a train, gone to a big city and found an abandoned building to hide out in... so many possibilities. I would not bet the rent that he is still in Carlton Reserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23