Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, with nearly 4 full days lead time, the trail was cold before they started searching. He could be anywhere. He could have hitchhiked, hopped a bus or a train, gone to a big city and found an abandoned building to hide out in... so many possibilities. I would not bet the rent that he is still in Carlton Reserve.

I don’t mean this as to confront you, but just jumping off your post.
And then what? Hide out until? He can’t come out and get a job, or a place, and he can’t camp out forever. Won’t he eventually want a shower? Clean clothes? I think he’s either far, far away or he committed suicide.

It's remarkable that neither they nor their attorney have any understanding of the optics here.

Every time they open their mouths they make things worse.

It's like they're operating based on some sort of satirical public relations book.

The problem is saying they are going to do stuff then not doing anything. Nothing at all.

It's remarkable that neither they nor their attorney have any understanding of the optics here.

It's like they're operating based on some sort of satirical public relations book.
The only other incident that this similar to, that comes to my mind, ( there are probably hundreds ) is in England, a woman said her daughter was kidnapped.... a sort of dull woman, not educated, but she tried it on, the child had been taken by her boyfriend, and stashed away, but this woman held her line for quite a long time, playing the role of the distraught parent...so offensive..

Shannon Matthews: The unravelling of the truth - BBC News

It just screams out psychopathy... throw in pulling up a chair at mum and dads table, visiting the sister and the nephews, going camping... grinning away in photos at the camp with those same nephews....

Brian must be able to compartment his thoughts and memories, pulling the operative one out to fit the circumstances he gets himself into. .. long years of practice at that, because it isn't as easy or as natural as it sounds.

A chameleon, with claws.

I agree 100%. It's sociopathic behavior where the sociopath is incapable of normal feelings so they observe and mirror how other people behave in similar situations. 0ften they get it wrong, similar to how BL was/ is behaving. IMO.

My hinkey meter keeps telling me it might have had a lot to do with money and arguing abt it and how to use it, especially if they had combined finances as Gabby's mom has said. Money breaks up even the strongest of couples. A lot of people have died because of it. Combine passion and money, or lackthereof, throw in some mental problems, some jealousy...all that is TNT. IMO

Good points about the money. Money can really be a trigger.
Also, I think he was still fuming about Gabby going into the restaurant and apologizing for him. Who was she to speak for him, huh? No one does that to me, and certainly not her.
And when she was sitting in the police car, all she could do was whine, whine, whine.
And I'm sick of her talking about her blog, not wanting a speck of dirt in her van, and worrying about her money.
He was angry, angry, angry.

I think he slapped her a time or two and then strangled the life out of her.

Benefit of the doubt scenario: The Laundries haven't publicly joined the search for their son at the advice of the attorney or law enforcement. With the attention they're receiving at their home, I can't imagine the amount of people they'd attract if they were out there. Seems like it'd be more of a hindrance to the searches. JMO

Father labels Brian Laundrie and his parents ‘cowards’ in new interview
<snipped by me>
In one of the text messages, Mr Petito told the Laundries: “I’m going to call the police, just letting you know, because we have no idea.”

“A normal parent when you text someone that (you) are going to call the cops because you can’t find your child, they would reply. No response. Nothing,” he said.

Playing devil's advocate here because I just realized a possible reason why the parents were ready for LE...

Gabby's dad told the Laundries he was going to call the police. IF* they really didn't know anything until then, this text gave them time to get the lawyer's info ready to hand to police when they arrived. MOO

*That is a big IF. That is giving the Laundrie parents the benefit of the doubt. However, that they didn't even answer the Petitos' phone calls and texts prior that time is very suspicious. MOO

It's ineffective counsel 101. Because the parents are totally getting obstruction charges.

Benefit of the doubt scenario: The Laundries haven't publicly joined the search for their son at the advice of the attorney or law enforcement. With the attention they're receiving at their home, I can't imagine the amount of people they'd attract if they were out there. Seems like it'd be more of a hindrance to the searches. JMO
I can get behind that. What I can't get behind though, is everything that came before.

What's super odd though, is they haven't made repeated direct appeals to their son to turn himself in.

It's ineffective counsel 101. Because the parents are totally getting obstruction charges.

Not necessarily.

Per Florida Statute 777.03, a person commits a felony offense when they assist an individual to evade detection, arrest, trial or punishment after the fact.

Relatives of the offender, however, are largely protected from being accessories. This would include the parents of Brian Laundrie, who now has a federal warrant out for his arrest for allegedly committing bank card fraud.

However, attorney Cory Baird told WESH-TV that while the parents are protected from any charges stemming from how they may have helped their son, "if they made misleading statements or lied to officers, obviously that’s a crime in Florida, and they’re not protected from that."

I can get behind that. What I can't get behind though, is everything that came before.

What's super odd though, is they haven't made repeated direct appeals to their son to turn himself in.
Oh, I agree. Most all of their behavior has made no sense. I'd like to think it will all make sense once we know more, but I just don't know.

And then what? Hide out until? He can’t come out and get a job, or a place, and he can’t camp out forever. Won’t he eventually want a shower? Clean clothes? I think he’s either far, far away or he committed suicide.
Exactly. If he is alive, he will run out of money, and as we all know, you need a certain amount of those green coupons with pictures of dead presidents on them to get by in this world. And he has a price on his head. It's a matter of time before he comes out, someone recognizes him, and he's captured. IMHO.

Which leads me to believe,,that (a) they don't have to make a plea to him, they know where he is. They have no curiosity about it. Only silly old law enforcement, and they can whistle dixie. .....

or (b).. they know that he ain't never coming home. And that he ain't never going to be found.

..... but I suppose that campfire could have been from anytime, possibly from anyone who spent time in that reserve.

They say it was a recently used campfire campsite. And the reserve has been closed since 21st September ... which is over 2 weeks.

So I wonder whose campsite it is. If it is not BL's campsite, there is another who is in there despite the reserve being closed.

Brian Laundrie: Remnants of recently used campsite found at the Florida reserve that has been focus of search, source says - CNN

(EBM)

Last edited:

Humans have lived off the land forever. Without running water. Without "showers" or clean clothes. I have to wonder why it's questionable to people here that someone could do it especially if your life was on the line. If this man did it from the ages of 7-19 years old I think BL could manage (How to be human: the man who was raised by wolves)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong