Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

MEDIA, MAPS thread *NO DISCUSSION*

TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Case Players and Initials Reference List

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56

Last edited by a moderator:
Wfla Live Stream
Brian's Instagram:
Login • Instagram

Where we are at this time:
-A FEDERAL ARREST WARRANT HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR BRIAN RELATED TO DEBIT/CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS FOLLOWING THE DEATH OF GABBY.

-Dog the Bounty Hunter has joined the search
-Deer Cam individual has been identified and IS NOT BRIAN
-Brian Laundrie is officially named a POI by Law Enforcement
-Awareness foundation is approved for discussion
-Authorities have the van

-FBI has searched the Laundrie home
-Authorities are searching for BL who is now considered a missing person: current known search is at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park / Carlton Reserve
-BL’s parents updated timeline that they have not seen BL since Sept. 13

-Mustang has been towed and returned
-Autopsy determines homicide

———————————————
Mod Note:
Please Read and Acknowledge

-Gabby’s case is not connected to the double homicide - DO NOT BRING IT BACK INTO THE Thread
-STAN text can discussed as it is known. However, there is nothing to support secret codes or Eminem songs at this time. Keep discussion of the text to the text.
-DO NOT BRING IN COVID / COVID SHOTS
-DO NOT BRING IN MENTAL HEALTH

-Do not start or encourage conspiracy theories
-Speculation or suggestions of a hoax or drug use is not permitted
-Include links to sources
-Do not link to unapproved social media
-post to engage in dialogue, not to bicker or argue with fellow posters
-No sleuthing BL’s parents/sister or other family members
-WS is Law Enforcement friendly - it OK to have an opinion on the status of events but do not openly bash LE on WS
-Find Gabby FB page is not approved
-NickTheHat Twitter IS NOT AN APPROVED JOURNALISM Source

Violations of the bullets above will result in an immediate time out. If you have a question or a concern, please use the report link at the bottom of any post rather than stating your concern in thread.

Complete list of rules can be found here: RULES

Thank you for helping us keep this thread open and running smoothly by following the rules and guidelines above. We don’t like closing threads any more than you like experiencing a thread closure.

Thanks for being amazing and valued WS members!!

Best to All,
Tiff

=====

APPROVED Social Media
Dash Cam Video from Red White & Bethune
Enhanced Van Video

Miranda Baker - Alleged to pick BL up Hitchhiking
Van Witness Video #2

Last edited:
Mod Note:

We are starting to lose focus that this thread is about Gabby and the current search for Brian.

Mental Health: Only bring it into the discussion if it is a statement in media or LE reports. Do not expand beyond what has been provided to us regarding Gabby and/or Brian and mental Health.

Domestic Violence: Many posters here have stories. In our own personal ways, we all have stories. The challenge we have in these threads is the separation of our personal stories and the focus of the thread.

This thread is about Gabby's story.

As mods, we have hearts, we care about each of you, and it is hard to delete a post on thread that may include your personal story. However, we have to remind ourselves this is about Gabby's story. Please keep her the focus of the thread.

ADMIN NOTE:

Discussing info that is in MSM about the parents is allowed. Sleuthing out information related to them, just because it is publicly available is not allowed.

If you don't understand the difference, private message a Mod or Admin and we will help clarify.

WS Friends,
We have been at this for weeks. It has been a whirlwind of a case, and the ups and downs just keep coming at us. I can sense that tensions have been building through out the day in the thread. Don’t forget the reason you are here to begin with. It is about justice for Gabby, and at this time that includes finding Brian.

We can have these discussions without personalizing responses toward other posters, and without trashing individuals that are not named POI’s. Posts engaging in this fashion do not advance the conversation toward justice or finding Brian.

If you need a break, take a break. If you are frustrated with where we are and what we don’t know, don’t take it out on fellow posters.

Thread is open..

"It seems unlikely that he's still in that reserve. They did not find any trace of him so far. It's been weeks," said former FBI agent Bryanna Fox, an associate professor of criminology at the University of South Florida in Tampa.

Laundrie, 23, of North Port, Florida, may have had financial or transportation assistance eluding authorities, Fox said, adding that if someone picked him up hitchhiking or if he boarded a bus, witnesses probably would have gone to police or the media.

"The idea that nothing has been said reinforces to me that he was likely getting help," Fox said. "Obviously, that person would have to be very loyal and very close to him ... to not compromise his identity."

"I have never thought he would stay in Florida very long," Lauth said. "I believe he had some outside resources available to him early on, but those outside resources have likely cut him off because he's a fugitive."

"He has to get lucky all the time for him not to get caught," she said. "They only have to get lucky once. In the end, there's a good chance law enforcement will either find him or learn what happened to him sooner than later."
Brian Laundrie likely fled Florida with help along the way, experts say

Re: Their engagement

It's possible GP did tell her mother they decided to wait to get married because they realized they were too young. But that may not have been true. That's what Rose says anyway. That GP told her her mother something that wasn't true about the engagement.

From
Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online

"Rose also tried, delicately, to get Gabby to reconsider her engagement to Laundrie."

"Gabby told her mother she'd put off the engagement, but according to Rose, they were still looking to get married."

'I told her you're young and Brian is a little controlling for her, but I also told her to do what makes you happy and I'm here to support you,' she said."

Also according to the Moab police report both GP and BL said they were engaged.

Missing Gabby Petito was seen 'hitting' her boyfriend in the arm, police report reveals | Daily Mail Online

BL may have been more emotionally invested in getting married but I'm not sure GP wasn't willing also. If they did seriously plan to get married though, I wonder if they intended to keep on living with family?
JMO

Ms. Gabrielle Petito has inspired so many. Her story has captivated colleges and universities throughout this country. There are several campus newspapers posting but I’d like to highlight this link:

Below is an excerpt from an interview with two local domestic violence professionals that gave some insight on the best ways to recognize and handle abusive relationships. *See link

Rachel Ramirez is the founder and director of The Center on Partner-Inflicted Brain Injury at the Ohio Domestic Violence Network, and Lynn Rosenthal is the president of the Center for Family Safety and Healing.
Gabby Petito case and recognizing abusive relationships | The Chimes

North Port Police spokesman Josh Taylor tells Fox News' Claudia Kelly-Bazan on Friday that his department was "doing everything we could to keep an eye on [Brian Laundrie] legally."

"I can not talk about specifics. There was no campsite found" in the T. Mabry Carlton Jr. Reserve, he added, and "no phones were in [the] van."

Ex-convict-turned-writer-and-producer Seth Ferranti tells 'Fox & Friends First' on Friday that “right now, Brian, wherever he is, there is tremendous mental burden on him, especially with the widespread scrutiny of this case.”

“Basically he just has to stay hiding in an apartment or camper somewhere or he is easily going to be seen," Ferranti said.

“I’m looking at that whole thing with his Dad coming to visit – or help the police – is it a ruse? Is it something that they even planned?” he added. “When I first became a fugitive I actually staged my suicide on the banks of the Potomac to throw off investigators, so I am kind of looking at that with some suspicion.”
Gabby Petito: Florida police say no phones located in van, no campsite found: LIVE UPDATES

Re: Their engagement

It's possible GP did tell her mother they decided to wait to get married because they realized they were too young. But that may not have been true. That's what Rose says anyway. That GP told her her mother something that wasn't true about the engagement.

From
Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online

"Rose also tried, delicately, to get Gabby to reconsider her engagement to Laundrie."

"Gabby told her mother she'd put off the engagement, but according to Rose, they were still looking to get married."

'I told her you're young and Brian is a little controlling for her, but I also told her to do what makes you happy and I'm here to support you,' she said."

Also according to the Moab police report both GP and BL said they were engaged.

Missing Gabby Petito was seen 'hitting' her boyfriend in the arm, police report reveals | Daily Mail Online

BL may have been more emotionally invested in getting married but I'm not sure GP wasn't willing also. If they did seriously plan to get married though, I wonder if they intended to keep on living with family?
JMO

I suppose you could "put off" getting married while still being engaged. She could have just been saying that you will allow the engaged phase to last a little longer since they were so young anyway. Trying to make everyone happy. MOO.

Anyone think the FBI might have deliberately used someone who resembles BL to get CL to feel at ease and maybe slip up and to also remind him of BL, the chuckling could also be the FBI officer trying to get CL to loosen up. A bit like good cop. Just a thought JMO

I suppose you could "put off" getting married while still being engaged. She could have just been saying that you will allow the engaged phase to last a little longer since they were so young anyway. Trying to make everyone happy. MOO.

That could be. According to this source

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

"The distraught mother also clarified that Gabby and Brian had been engaged, but decided to call it off and go back to just dating because they felt they were too young for marriage.

'I think they kind of put that on hold just because they felt it was a little fast. They were excited at first, but then they were like, let's just wait, we're very young. So they were really just boyfriend and girlfriend,' she said"

JMO

I hope I am wrong about Duane Chapman and his daughter but I think this was a deliberate tease to keep the attention on them. It's hard to take them seriously with this kind of stunt. Why not remain silent like the FBI?
It's interesting that he (Dog) hasn't searched the reserve(s), which makes me think the FBI ordered them not to go anywhere near it, because they have more evidence that BL could be in it.

Is there so much attention at the Reserve to distract us from what is going on near the AT and now the Great Smokey Mtn NP (GSMNP)? DD states "...the man pulled his car up to his and asked for directions to California, but he did not want to take the Interstate ... he wanted to use back roads."
Brian Laundrie Alleged Sighting on Appalachian Trail, Hiker Claims

Then, MSM suggests there is a potential sighting on Hwy 321. Blount Co. woman claims she saw Brian Laundrie on Hwy. 321

These two alleged sightings work together and make sense as DD alleged he wanted to take a back roads. What backroads continue West from Hwy 321?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get