Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Brian Laundrie has been officially named by LE to be a POI in this case which is still a missing persons case at this time. He may be sleuthed.

The Awareness Foundation is approved for discussion.

The "Find Gabby" FB page is not approved at this time as there is still nothing on the page to indicate it is family run and nothing directly from the family indicating that they are involved in the Administration of the page.

To speculate that the victim was involved in drugs or somehow responsible for her own disappearance is off limits as Not Victim Friendly. Negative speculation on a victim is not allowed. Such posts will be removed.

Warning points and possible Time Outs will be issued for members who violate Websleuths Victim Friendly rule.

Please read The Rules and post accordingly.

Mod Note:

Suggestions of a publicity stunt while someone is missing is not victim friendly. Until LE suggests otherwise, Gabby is missing and WS will treat the missing persons case with the care and compassion a missing person deserves. Posts suggesting this is a stunt or hoax have been removed.

To avoid having your post removed and risk losing posting privileges:

- remember that Gabby, her family and her friends are considered VICTIMS, and protected by Websleuths’ victim-friendly policy
- don’t post anything as fact without an MSM link.
- don’t use derogatory names for ANYone.
- don’t discuss comments from ANYone on any social media.
- don’t bicker.

This is not the complete list of rules, but merely the ones that have been violated here this evening. Do yourself and Websleuths a favor and read over THE RULES HERE to help keep this thread opened.

THANKS for your efforts to do that going forward.

SEP 16, 2021
Gabby Petito's father responds to comment from Brian Laundrie's sister (newsnationnow.com)
[...]

“Obviously, me and my family want Gabby to be found safe,” Cassie Laundrie, Brian Laundrie’s sister, told ABC’s “Good Morning America” in a clip. “She’s like a sister and my children love her, and all I want is for her to come home safe and found and this to be just a big misunderstanding.”

Gabby’s father Joe Petito tells NewsNation’s Ashleigh Banfield that the remarks “made a lot of sense.”

“If that’s that family’s version of love, to just ignore and not care that someone’s gone,” Joe Petito said, “and people are looking for them and entire countries looking for them, I mean, that explains how we got to where we are today. Because I mean, look at their version of what they call love.”

[...]

I don't remember if it's in the police report. In the video, after Gabby tells the officer about him grabbing her face, he walks back to the other officers and tells them she has some marks on her, too. IMO
Yes. Then @ timestamp 21.00, the cop explains what the witness saw, stating " He never saw the male strike the female." then he stated that "She was trying to claw her way back in. She's trying to climb over him, he's trying to disengage. Everything she's saying is the same thing the witness is saying. He never hit her." Then the cop goes on to say "she's the aggressor."
Once again, IMO, this is just sad. It's sad for me to see how distraught Gabby was. You could see it on her face. Having said that, It doesn't matter if you're a 350 lb. linebacker playing for the NFL. If someone is attacking you, clawing at you and hitting you in the face with a cell phone, you have a right to defend yourself, and that's the only thing he did. I don't understand where the "abuse" everyone's taking about comes into play here. Yes, he was trying to lock her out to detach from the situation. If someone's attacking you on your front lawn, and you run in the house and lock the door to escape the situation, is that wrong? Not playing fair? What am I missing?

I wonder what documents Brian’s lawyers provided LE with. I’m hoping either their trip itinerary or his flight records to confirm or negate those dates from Gabby’s parents. Anything to solidify the timeline of things.

Did he provide documents? I recall LE sharing that the lawyer passed on a van key they requested.

I didn't see him blaming her for his speeding. He did blame her for his hitting the curb when he pulled over, which seemed like it was accurate as she was hitting him, telling him to pull over.

He was going 45 in a 15 which is way over the limit but did you see the road? If they were arguing and he didn't see the speed limit sign, I can see where 45 would be a reasonable speed and hardly reckless. He apologized to the cops, more than once, for speeding.

I have no feelings about whether he harmed Gabby. I get no "vibes" other than he seemed pretty chill in the video. Returning w/o her and refusing to speak automatically looks very suspicious but I still don't think "murderer!". I have no idea what happened. Considering the absolute lack of information, so far, it bothers me how people are projecting their own baggage on him and demonizing him. I'm talking other than what we do know (returned w/o her and won't speak), he's been framed as an abuser; driving Gabby to losing it; making her life hell; being an aimless loser who's just sponging off Gabby; being thoughtless and selfish because his feet and sandals were dirty; killing Gabby and even killing the other two women in Moab! People can certainly say what they want but I'm just gonna throw out there that I find that to be too emotionally charged/biased and having nothing to do with the known facts, which are scant. I think it's wrong to do it. I've seen it done before (Shane, Heidi Brussard's SO, for one - it was outrageous). All we know from the incident in town and, later driving, is that Gabby hit him, more than once. That could be because he's a controlling monster who pushed her to the breaking point or it could be, as she said, that she's OCD and was stressed about getting the #vanlife stuff done on the computer. If she's OCD, and she said she is, that can be tough on both people because everything has to be perfect. I just think that both of these people need to be looked at more objectively - neither unnecessarily victimized or demonized.

None of that should be construed to mean anything other what I said. Gabby is missing and I hope she turns up alive. If he harmed her, I hope we find out and he'll deal with the consequences.

BBM. I don't see questioning the uncooperative behaviour of the fiance as "projecting baggage."

Future bride and groom go camping, groom drives to his parents' home in her vehicle between Aug 27 - Sept 1. She is missing, and he does not notify her family. When asked, he throws his hands in the air and says: "I donno where she is, she left." Her parents report her missing Sept 11.

Not believable in 2021 that he and his fiance accidentally lost all contact during a lover's spat.

She was not manic. They had just been pulled over coming off the heels of the incident at the store. In fact, they were pulled over BECAUSE of that incident. Unbeknownst to them it was a 911 wellness check.

Then, after being sequestered in the patrol car she learns for the first time that they had been discussing arresting her the entire time.
the cops made a big deal about the "requirement" to arrest her. Is it their option, on the other hand, to let someone walk free after speeding, evading the cops, etc?

Snipped for clarity.

As someone with bipolar I take exception to describing Gabby as being in a 'manic state'.

She was upset as she'd thought her fiancée was going to leave her hundreds of miles from home, then he hadn't stopped for the police and instead had tried to speed away from them. She made perfect sense speech wise and was reasonably upset,but nowhere remotely like manic. In fact she calmed down very quickly, despite the police man speaking about domestic violence.

So true. As someone once accused of being bipolar by my ex- (for the purpose of portraying me as hysterical to people to score his own points for sympathy, and guess what, it worked) I also take exception to her being manic. She did not look manic at all to me. She was crying and upset but that is not what manic is. We don't need to hear about women being hysterical when they aren't and we don't need to hear about women acting "manic" when they aren't. Manic is the new hysterical. I wish all the speculation on her mental health issues would stop. All she really told the cops was that she was "OCD" which I understand people say all the time without actually being diagnosed with it, and that she has bad anxiety, which is somewhat common.

The police report said she never stopped crying and sniffing but we saw in the video that she did stop and was fine for awhile at least. That calls into question the whole tone of the police report IMO.

He was going 45 in a 15 which is way over the limit but did you see the road? If they were arguing and he didn't see the speed limit sign, I can see where 45 would be a reasonable speed and hardly reckless. He apologized to the cops, more than once, for speeding.
RSBM
I would consider (as does the law in most states) going 3x the speed limit to be extremely reckless. In my area, police regularly pull people over and give them tickets for going above 30mph in a 25mph zone.

Yes, the speeding is a typical abuser tactic. Agree that it's very concerning.
Speeding is an abuser tactic?

In the video it looked like the road was straight and, let’s be honest, A LOT of people speed on a regular basis and 45mph (even in a 15) doesn’t seem like a dangerous speed on a clear day, with clear roads, on a straightaway.

Yes. Then @ timestamp 21.00, the cop explains what the witness saw, stating " He never saw the male strike the female." then he stated that "She was trying to claw her way back in. She's trying to climb over him, he's trying to disengage. Everything she's saying is the same thing the witness is saying. He never hit her." Then the cop goes on to say "she's the aggressor."
Once again, IMO, this is just sad. It's sad for me to see how distraught Gabby was. You could see it on her face. Having said that, It doesn't matter if you're a 350 lb. linebacker playing for the NFL. If someone is attacking you, clawing at you and hitting you in the face with a cell phone, you have a right to defend yourself, and that's the only thing he did. I don't understand where the "abuse" everyone's taking about comes into play here. Yes, he was trying to lock her out to detach from the situation. If someone's attacking you on your front lawn, and you run in the house and lock the door to escape the situation, is that wrong? Not playing fair? What am I missing?
In the house you can’t run off with the car leaving them alone and vulnerable which it seems he has done.

Uhhh ok well. I still think BL is involved. But for full scope of ideas…

It is possible that a dangerous third party (see Daily Mail article above for example that made my hair stand up) killed GP and BL witnessed it, or found her dead, and knew he’d look guilty as they had that police incident on recent record and they were camping alone. So he ran and on advice of counsel is remaining quiet so that police don’t initially pigeonhole their search on him. And are waiting for more details to emerge. It IS possible.

Still not my favorite theory.
Not my favorite theory either. In fact I completely discounted any connection between Gabby's disappearance and the murder of the two women.

But I am rather curious as to reports that LE is looking into a possible connection.

It was suggested a while back, in the last thread that maybe BL was involved, out of rage for one of the women coming to the defense of Gabby with the scene at the grocery place...the "second" witness other than Chris. I didn't accept that theory at all.
My feeling has been that those women were killed by that creeper because he was anti gay, homophobic...

Then the latest update today on those murders relate that they were found semi nude, way from their tent, in the creek, which could point to sexual assault. That reinforced my conviction that BL had nothing to do with it.

Why is LE interested in pursuing a connection? They must have a reason.
So now I am wondering, was this unknown psycho creeper aware of Gabby and Brian's presence in Moab, especially given that they may have interacted with Kylen? Was he stalking Kylen? Was he nearby the grocery place that day? Did he then stalk Gabby and Brian after he shot the women? And at some point did he get them alone? And then....well, there are several possible horrific scenarios.

And, Brian traumatized took off for Florida.....terrified he'd be targeted as the suspect due to the incident with the police.

Thinking aloud, not thought through....still leaning strongly to the more obvious Occam's Razor theory. It's LE's interest in the poor couple's murder in relation to G and B that has me wonder.

This is the thing I can't get over.

Let's say it was an accident, whatever happened to GP that's made her fall off the grid. It wasn't BL, for the sake of this argument, let's give him that. She fell, she ran away. She killed herself. She simply disappeared.

What normal person doesn't call 911? I mean, come on.

Even when I try to give BL the benefit of the doubt, I can't. If it WAS an accident or disappearance, and he failed to call for assistance, then WHAT is wrong with him?! Even us sleuths wouldn't likely think about our own legal circumstances when faced with a possible crime -- we'd think about getting justice!

So what I'm saying is, basically, even if he didn't deliberately hurt her in the end what other things was he capable of and put her though during their relationship?

Lol. EVERYONE apologizes to the cops for speeding. Did the cop say, but you were speeding for 20 miles? Or was it 20 minutes.

You make some good points. But thus guy has no one to blame but himself for driving home in her vehicle and absolutely refusing to tell her family at the very least where he last saw her.

Do he, and his parents really think there would be no uprising throughout the world at the perceived immoral aspect to their actions?
yeah I'm tired of people sticking up for the person who is safe at his parent's house and actively keeping Gabby unsafe.

you're missing the fact that Gabby is missing and the victim.

This is the thing I can't get over.

Let's say it was an accident, whatever happened to GP that's made her fall off the grid. It wasn't BL, for the sake of this argument, let's give him that. She fell, she ran away. She killed herself. She simply disappeared.

What normal person doesn't call 911? I mean, come on.

Even when I try to give BL the benefit of the doubt, I can't. If it WAS an accident or disappearance, and he failed to call for assistance, then WHAT is wrong with him?! Even us sleuths wouldn't likely think about our own legal circumstances when faced with a possible crime -- we'd think about getting justice!

So what I'm saying is, basically, even if he didn't deliberately hurt her in the end what other things was he capable of and put her though during their relationship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson