Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was in the last thread - a statement from SB about the family and CL "searching" in the preserve and he mentioned it. I will see if I can track it down and edit with the link if successful
Thanks as always, oviedo .
You always come through !

No urgency to answer this question -- and I can be patient, as I'm currently taking what the Laundrie family lawyers says with the proverbial grain. :rolleyes:
Just a thought... wonder if SB is also in limited contact with BL or has been since the 13th or 14th ?
Now that would be something. :eek:
MOO.

The fact that FBI/LE new something about labeling Gabby's death as homicide but did not warn the public about danger, indicated something to me. But, I wonder why more was not said about the other two women killed. Maybe LE came to the conclusion that both murders were more personal and not a danger to the public in general.
True. They never issued an "armed and dangerous" warning to the public. MOO

"I think the FBI would be very cautious about things because they don't want to make a mistake," he told Fox News. "Whatever reasons they're withholding, it is very unusual."

"I think that the only reason would be, you're concerned that you're missing something, but that should not be a concern, because whatever is needed to investigate the death from the point of view of the medical examiner will be seen, documented and could be retained."

If a pathologist is questioning whether someone suffered from heart disease, he or she would retain the heart – "but you don’t retain the whole body," Baden said.

In 2021," he went on, "where anything of value can be document[ed], retained, tested on day one or two or three, there's no reason to keep the whole body from the family."

Usually, if one thinks of other deaths, high-profile or not, the cause of death is certainly revealed. Sometimes, sometimes the manner of death is held up," he said.
Petito7.jpg

Baden is not involved in the investigation into Petito’s death. Speaking generally, when asked if releasing a victim’s manner of death implies that the cause is already known, he said: "Yes."

He continued: "Now, what they're saying is, whatever they found, they've ruled out accidents, suicides or natural deaths that could cause it."
Gabby Petito update: FBI’s decision to hold victim’s remains, cause of death ‘very unusual,’ Dr. Baden
says
Does he not mean cause of death is delayed rather than manner?
Manner could be homicide-murder via gunshot wound.
Cause means medical cause of death eg, bullet lodged in aorta causing immediate death.
That could take longer to determine than a superficial autopsy?

I’ve been saying this for ages. I’m a pretty fearless person. I travel solo, cut down and timber my own trees and always have a firearm on me. For context, I’ve never even seen a movie that scares me. Ever.

But I live on 100+ acres in VA not terribly far from the AT and I’ve had the jeebies being outside on my land alone since Brian has been missing. If CoD is released today and deductions are made that BL was the likely perp, LE better damn sure not withhold that information from us. IMO that would be terribly irresponsible for the safety of the public.
That has to be terribly nerve-racking! Honestly if he could live off the land, private land would be the way to do it. I hope y'all have trail cams. It's BL hunting season. Ha!

I know that BL looks guilty as pie, but hear me out.

Coroner says he will be addressing cause/manner of death.
FBI is not part of the press conference and will not comment. (If she was shot/strangled/etc, why not use this opportunity to name an official suspect?)
BL is still only a person of interest and a missing person, not a suspect in her death.
GP's death was ruled a homicide which just means something or someone was the cause of her death and it was not natural.

Is it possible, somehow, that she could have been attacked by an animal and the circumstances leading to that attack was BL's doing or fault, thus he's hiding because he feels the blame would be on him? It would account for all the current facts we have.

Idk. Just trying to think of alternatives here while we've got an hour to wait...
The animal theory would not pan out on examination of her body as homicide.

I know that BL looks guilty as pie, but hear me out.

Coroner says he will be addressing cause/manner of death.
FBI is not part of the press conference and will not comment. (If she was shot/strangled/etc, why not use this opportunity to name an official suspect?)
BL is still only a person of interest and a missing person, not a suspect in her death.
GP's death was ruled a homicide which just means something or someone was the cause of her death and it was not natural.

Is it possible, somehow, that she could have been attacked by an animal and the circumstances leading to that attack was BL's doing or fault, thus he's hiding because he feels the blame would be on him? It would account for all the current facts we have.

Idk. Just trying to think of alternatives here while we've got an hour to wait...

There are three pieces to this: Cause of death, manner of death and mechanism of death. We know the manner is homicide, which means the it was very clear at the time of autopsy that this was not caused by anything natural.

Here’s info pulled from the inter webs:
  • Cause of death: The disease or trauma that directly caused the victim’s death. Examples include a heart attack, a gunshot wound to the head, or a drug overdose.

• Mechanism of death: The specific physiological derangement that actually led to the cessation of life. For example, a heart attack victim could die from a deadly change in heart rhythm or from severe damage to the heart muscle, leading to shock. Here the cause of death is a heart attack, but the mechanism is a cardiac arrhythmia or cardiogenic shock, respectively.

• Manner of death: How the cause of death came about. The five manners of death are natural, accidental, suicidal, homicidal, and undetermined. A gunshot wound (the cause of death), may have been accidental, suicidal, or homicidal, for example. Only deaths from disease are natural.

link: The Cause, Mechanism, and Manner of Death - dummies

I just read the Sun US article about Brian "chubby social outcast." That is a strange yet interesting article. I would love to know who this person is? I'm going to assume it's a guy and not a girl based on the context presented. I have to admit, the gun thing and the Florida connection seems a little ridiculous and sensationalist and not to mention reaching if you ask me. Brian could have hated the New York winters and maybe he just wanted to move to a warmer climate? Didn't his parents already have a house down in Florida before they all moved down there from New York anyway? Florida probably brought him some kind of comfort perhaps. Anyway, I'm very curious who this anonymous friend is and why he's* so confident that Brian will or has been (as he speculates) reaching out to him? Sounds like there was a deeper more intimate relationship going on between the two of them that did not exist with these other friends but that remains to be seen. ~Just a feeling.

Brian Laundrie was a ‘chubby social outcast’ at school, says friend

The Sun excels in lifting up rocks. I guess all those boys that bought clothes from the Sears catalogue in the Husky boys category are all potential murderers now.

That has to be terribly nerve-racking! Honestly if he could live off the land, private land would be the way to do it. I hope y'all have trail cams. It's BL hunting season. Ha!
We have a cabin on the property and about 15 miles of trails with cams everywhere. Local hunters poach on the land so we’ve had them up for years.

My $0.02.
1. This is not a "traditional missing persons case."
2. As GP's dad said, "He's not missing, he is hiding."
3. BL got a good head start on LE before they even knew he was "missing."
4. BL most likely took food and money with him.
5. The food and money will run out soon.
6. BL's challenges will be 1) where to get more food and money, and 2) how to avoid being seen while accomplishing 1).
7. Unless he has a vehicle of some kind (where is his bike?), it would be difficult for him to go anywhere without being seen by someone. (Bus, train, hitchhiking are possible, but risky.)
8. It's only been a month since BL made a run for it. IMHO, not very long, considering his head start.
9. Not having a vehicle (that we know of) somewhat works in his favor, as there is no license plate to track.
10. Not having a vehicle (that we know of) somewhat works against him, as he will need to stay within walking (or biking, or delivery) distance of supplies.

ETA:
11. There's a price on his head.

That's all I have this morning. All JMHO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member