Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem I have with John Walsh and Dog is what they've said on camera about Brian.

Because of these comments I now feel they're just trying to stay relevant. Maybe not so much JW but definitely Dog.

I definitely get the "trying to stay relevant" feel of it. IMO as long as they aren't hurting the investigation, they are at least keeping it in the headlines.

I don't know of any particular treatment of this area. However, there is concurrent jurisdiction. While Bridger-Teton is federal property, it is still within the the State of Wyoming, Teton County. So the State can pursue it if the feds decline.
The DOJ 's Grand Jury already got the indictment for the credit card/bank fraud. The FBI has taken the lead in searching the parents' Florida property and the search for BL. I hope the Feds continue taking the lead. jmo

IMO, it has to do with the following quote. They haven't found him yet. I personally do not think they will charge him until he is found. Once you charge, the clock is really ticking.

"We're moving towards filing charges but prosecutors are in no rush to file charges because once you file those charges, you have speedy trial rules and you have to try the case within 180 days," Aronberg said."

https://www.wptv.com/news/state/pal...y-expects-murder-charges-in-gabby-petito-case
yep, I think the law states that they can't charge him until they catch him.

Has anyone done a deep dive into BL's photos to see of how he looks with/without hair, beard, clean face, hats, wardrobe phases, etc? If he stumbles out from his bunker at any point it might be a good idea to memorize his various looks besides the most recent images. Jw

There campsite was in BRIDGER-TETON NATIONAL FOREST....it is not a National Park...for clarification. I don't know if that makes a difference regarding who's in charge or not.

If I am following this thread correctly though, the original post that brought this up was an article with a statement from the Palm Beach County FL state's attorney implying that prosecutors in his office were preparing to file charges. They ertainly wouldn't be involved. IMO

It seemed to me that the Palm Beach state attorney was just speaking in general terms, not about he and his own office. MOO.

Last edited:
View attachment 317110
Are these the injuries?

I would also think there would be facial injuries on the perpetrator if he was facing her. If he came up behind her, then no. Maybe grasping at his arms trying to stop him but nothing on the face in that case. He could have makeup covering the facial injuries whereas they might not cover the arm bruises thinking those could be easily explained away considering they were active in the outdoors. IMO.

If this helps, this is from our local news here in Palm Beach County, FL about an hour ago!
https://www.wptv.com/news/state/pal...y-expects-murder-charges-in-gabby-petito-case

Yes it was that article and I think it was just confusingly worded. The part in question was

"We're moving towards filing charges but prosecutors are in no rush to file charges because once you file those charges, you have speedy trial rules and you have to try the case within 180 days," Aronberg said. "So prosecutors are going to make sure they have enough evidence before they file charges."

I think the "we're moving" kind of implied Palm Beach County, but I don't think that's what they really meant MOO

I pray his DNA was under her fingernails and the public is not privy at this juncture. Need help here, if this was the case, would FBI now issue him as a murder suspect based on DNA?

The problem is that they can't prove "when" the DNA got there. Keep in mind the Moab stop. But, it might help at least rule out the probability that someone else was the assailant. Because if only Brian's DNA is found on her body, that keeps him as prime suspect, even though it doesn't prove, in of itself, that he committed the crime. His DNA would be expected to be present due to them being intimate partners.

I pray his DNA was under her fingernails and the public is not privy at this juncture. Need help here, if this was the case, would FBI now issue him as a murder suspect based on DNA?

I can go along with ths for sure, this is likely based on all reported information.
yes, and probably as close to he truth right now with what we know for a fact!

I think it took place at night.

The positioning of the van was right where passing vehicles could see them (Red, White and Bethune being the perfect example)...

Unless, she was killed in the back of the van and it wasn't until nightfall that her body was taken to where it was found??

IF she was killed where she was found then I have to think it must've taken place at night. Surely it would be too risky to carry out a strangulation in broad daylight when there was the dirt road so close by?

MOO

Please can someone remind me of the approximate distance from where the van was to where GP's body was discovered?

BBM
Approx. 300 Yards.

Attachments

• Gabby body to van - 300 yds.png
    Gabby body to van - 300 yds.png
    1,014.9 KB · Views: 57
The DOJ 's Grand Jury already got the indictment for the credit card/bank fraud. The FBI has taken the lead in searching the parents' Florida property and the search for BL. I hope the Feds continue taking the lead. jmo
The debit card fraud issue is clearly in federal jurisdiction. So the FBI jumped on that to get jurisdiction to allow them to conduct the searches in Florida. The helped tremendously since we have several states involved. The murder will be a little more tricky potentially and not quite so clearly in federal jurisdiction. Thus the delay in murder charges either from the US Attorney or the State of Wyoming. There was mention of DNA, so I'm sure they are waiting on that. And then probably trying to see if they can determine WHERE exactly she was killed. Not just where her body was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus