Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw Dr. Blue on CNN Anderson Cooper.
He spoke about use of thumbs regarding manual strangulation v. mechanical strangulation.
Was he saying this in relation to Gabby or was he just offering his professional opinion?

If it's the latter I can't for the life of me understand why you think this is problematic.

He's not saying anything that we can't find the answer to on google.

BBM, and respectfully, the little Transit really is not very different than driving a compact car, which points even more to the second bolded sentence for me. It just seems that a controlling and manipulative partner would seed that doubt and keep encouraging the notion that she wasn't comfortable with it. MOO
I didn't realize he told her she was terrible at driving the van! It wouldn't surprise me, because every male that has ever ridden with me complains about my driving--I definitely see a pattern. Can you point me to some reading on Brian's influence over Gabby's feelings of discomfort with driving the van?

I do not know if anyone has discussed the possibility that Brian is hidden away in some institution some where?

I gather it must have been discussed at some point, but I have certainly missed 1000s and 1000s of postings on this high-speed forum!

In the Vallow/Daybell murder case and the SC Murdaugh murder case, suspects have ended up in rehab/mental institutions with zero communication from behind the walls.

Hope one of our legal beagles can address.... If he had turned himself in some where, what level of secrecy or protection would he be entitled?

I watched Anderson Cooper last night also, very interesting. Anderson had the only interview with Dr. Blue. I'm glad he was on the show because the actual press conference was terrible.

For me it got interesting when he was asked about why he called it DV. Dr. Blue said it was his assumption, rather than a fact. IMO Dr. Blue gathered information surrounding the days leading up to the murder and came up with that conclusion. It was the totality of that information that lead him to believe this was DV.

He also pointed out Manual Strangulation is a violent crime. I don't know if this particular show will be shown somewhere in a repeat, it was definitely worth watching.
I really wish Dr. Blue hadn't done this. Too late now, I guess.

I don't know how much weight we should give to Rose's comments about what Gabby told her about BL's "episodes", but I think that she described a certain "look" that he would get at their onset. And I think when that happened, G would leave and go to Rose's for the night, when they were in FL. I don't think that they had set up a tent in the spot she was found, but that she ran to get away from him and he caught up with her there, or pulled her in there, concealed by the trees. If those sandals we saw behind the van were her hers, she may have been barefoot, in her hurry to get away. She reportedly was clothed, but no mention of shoes. Also, we don't know what her step-dad was told, but I imagine, not a lot. I think that he was trying to piece together the scenario, and imagined a tent and a campfire, like I am imagining a run-for-your-life scene. BL had to know that he had killed her whether or not he tried to revive her may never be known. I just think that if he thought she was still alive, he wouldn't have packed up his pack, grabbed his tarp, put on his hiking boots and bolted. jmo

I didn't realize he told her she was terrible at driving the van! It wouldn't surprise me, because every male that has ever ridden with me complains about my driving--I definitely see a pattern. Can you point me to some reading on Brian's influence over Gabby's feelings of discomfort with driving the van?
Was the van automatic or manual? If she was use to an automatic then she might not like the manual, I have an automatic car and manual van and I will admit I really don’t like driving the van unless I have to, I have driven it but I’m not confident. IMO

Just speculation by me, nothing has been mentioned, but that's just the vibe I get from her explanation in the Moab bodycam footage. So just MOO/MHO based on personal experiences with both driving both large and small vehicles and a very controlling partner when I was about her age.

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

@citizen_sleuth wrote on the last thread

"Actually time to deliberate while committing a crime and premeditation are two separate legal concepts. Manual strangulation does not prove premeditation by default. For example, the Washington State Supreme Court (State v. Bingham, 105 Wash. 2d 820) ruled that strangulation alone is insufficient to prove premeditation because "the opportunity to deliberate is not evidence the defendant did deliberate, which is necessary for a finding of premeditation."

I thought that was interesting reasoning.
JMO

Media jumped on CL mowing his lawn this morning and watching him, I get the sense his emotions are about to boil over. Here he is attempting to clean his yard, he removed random laundry baskets earlier this week at 1 am, yet he leaves the wilting flowers on the sidewalk and uses a weed eater around the memorial that's been built. His entire yard looks like *advertiser censored* and he got very little mowed before his mower apparently crapped out and instead of completely avoiding the memorial, he cleaned up around it.

His emotions seemed heightened in that moment. When Brian Entin was asking questions, I felt like he was right there on the edge. If a reporter started out with, "This must be stressful. How are you feeling?" Instead of immediately using GP or BL's names that wall wouldn't go up immediately. I'd be willing to bet if he ever started talking he wouldn't stop, the right question just hasn't been asked yet.

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

@citizen_sleuth wrote on the last thread

"Actually time to deliberate while committing a crime and premeditation are two separate legal concepts. Manual strangulation does not prove premeditation by default. For example, the Washington State Supreme Court (State v. Bingham, 105 Wash. 2d 820) ruled that strangulation alone is insufficient to prove premeditation because "the opportunity to deliberate is not evidence the defendant did deliberate, which is necessary for a finding of premeditation."

I thought that was interesting reasoning.
JMO
If you look a few comments down, though, I provided a couple of cases related to strangulation and premeditation.

I don't know how much weight we should give to Rose's comments about what Gabby told her about BL's "episodes", but I think that she described a certain "look" that he would get at their onset. And I think when that happened, G would leave and go to Rose's for the night, when they were in FL. I don't think that they had set up a tent in the spot she was found, but that she ran to get away from him and he caught up with her there, or pulled her in there, concealed by the trees. If those sandals we saw behind the van were her hers, she may have been barefoot, in her hurry to get away. She reportedly was clothed, but no mention of shoes. Also, we don't know what her step-dad was told, but I imagine, not a lot. I think that he was trying to piece together the scenario, and imagined a tent and a campfire, like I am imagining a run-for-your-life scene. BL had to know that he had killed her whether or not he tried to revive her may never be known. I just think that if he thought she was still alive, he wouldn't have packed up his pack, grabbed his tarp, put on his hiking boots and bolted. jmo
Gabby's step-dad wasn't told anything, he was already searching in that area so he saw the crime scene for himself. Luckily he wasn't the one who found her.

I think he’s alive because his parents are too relaxed, they know he’s alive and well.
What parent would not leave their house if they knew their son was suicidal or risking his life.
On the other hand, if they’ve aided and abetted, or concealed knowledge of his whereabouts, they’re facing federal prison time. How can they act relaxed under those circumstances as well?

BBM, and respectfully, the little Transit really is not very different than driving a compact car, which points even more to the second bolded sentence for me. It just seems that a controlling and manipulative partner would seed that doubt and keep encouraging the notion that she wasn't comfortable with it. MOO

I agree. I saw one recently parked at my pharmacy and it was so small, that really surprised me. I'd say a Cadillac is much bigger. These vehicles all vehicles actually have to conform to a size that will fit within the lines of a road or lane.

BL probably did encourage her fear of it. He was in full control. jmo

Media jumped on CL mowing his lawn this morning and watching him, I get the sense his emotions are about to boil over. Here he is attempting to clean his yard, he removed random laundry baskets earlier this week at 1 am, yet he leaves the wilting flowers on the sidewalk and uses a weed eater around the memorial that's been built. His entire yard looks like **** and he got very little mowed before his mower apparently crapped out and instead of completely avoiding the memorial, he cleaned up around it.

His emotions seemed heightened in that moment. When Brian Entin was asking questions, I felt like he was right there on the edge. If a reporter started out with, "This must be stressful. How are you feeling?" Instead of immediately using GP or BL's names that wall wouldn't go up immediately. I'd be willing to bet if he ever started talking he wouldn't stop, the right question just hasn't been asked yet.
He has to cut the lawn!
The city of North Port has code ordinance !
Your fined if your grass is high!

Strack and McLane studied 100 women who reported being choked by their partners with bare hands, arms, or objects (eg, electrical cords, belts, ropes, bras, bathing suits). [14] Police officers reported no visible injuries in 62% of women, minor visible injury in 22%, and significant injury including red marks, bruises, or rope burns in the remaining 16%. Up to 50% of victims had symptomatic voice changes ranging from dysphonia to aphonia.
What are the indications of strangulation in victims of domestic violence?

Was the van automatic or manual? If she was use to an automatic then she might not like the manual, I have an automatic car and manual van and I will admit I really don’t like driving the van unless I have to, I have driven it but I’m not confident. IMO
I wouldn't invest in a vehicle that I'm not comfortable driving! Was the van her idea or predominantly HIS? Or was she just so invested in the "team" than it never occurred to her that there may be situations where she would have to drive? Guess we'll never know. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge