Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
IANAL but the way I have seen it explained is that no the lawyer does not have to reveal the client's whereabouts, but they cannot lie. So if asked directly they could say "that is privileged" and not say anything further, but could not say "he's in the swamp!" if he is not.

Edit - I don't think the seriousness of the charge matters.

MOO

That’s right.

We took the ferry from Ft Laudetdale to Bahamas before. It’s actually a small cruise type ship, very nice and doesn’t take long. It’s been a few years before covid. Didn’t need any passport then. I think it went out daily because we car back that way in a couple days

Strangulation victims often have skin under their nails. There's really no great innocent explanation if they did find skin under her nails. And epidermis can last for a long time, as do nails. My hope is that they were able to get some skin and that they will be able to run DNA on that.

OMG, I am slow. After I typed that, I just realized something: Maybe the scratches he had at the scene during the Moab stop were from an actual strangulation that was not seen in public, and he lied about the source of the scratches. His explanation that she somehow scratched him when she hit him with her phone has never made any sense to me.
But wouldn't we see bruising and marks on her neck at the Moab stop?

Yes, of course. My comment specifically opens with the statement that I'm responding to an *assumption* that he had injuries, for that very reason. I can think of some scenarios where he might not have had injuries. He could have rendered her unconscious first, as an example. Another poster mentioned he could have attacked her from behind. JMO.

Could Gabby have been asleep?

Strangulation victims often have skin under their nails. There's really no great innocent explanation if they did find skin under her nails. And epidermis can last for a long time, as do nails. My hope is that they were able to get some skin and that they will be able to run DNA on that.

OMG, I am slow. After I typed that, I just realized something: Maybe the scratches he had at the scene during the Moab stop were from an actual strangulation that was not seen in public, and he lied about the source of the scratches. His explanation that she somehow scratched him when she hit him with her phone has never made any sense to me.
Same. There’s nothing sharp enough on a phone/phone case to leave scratches. JMO

One thought that's occurred to me for the first time today - what if they banished him from their household. Told him he had ruined everyone's lives and told him to get out. Just a wild thought that is, of course, MOO and highly speculative.

If that was the case, wouldn't the parents tell that to LE? eg "We've disowned him!"

Just curious, has it been reported anywhere that BL had an AllTrails account? It has 2 map entries, Sheep Creek Hot Springs on July 10 (east of Durango) and Peekaboo Loop Trail in Bryce Canyon Park on July 21. There's also saved trail info under "lists", many trails in multiple states and parks from TN to ID.
There's actually a second BL account with just one entry, Oct 11 on the AT in NC. I suspect that one is a spoof account.

Last edited:
I just checked the website for the ferry to the Bahamas. Proof of vaccination is required; however, depending on if and when he was onboard, it might not have been noticed (his name/notoriety).

Fort Lauderdale to Bahamas ferry 2.5 hours

Wouldn't there be records of his proof of vaccination or Covid test and a passenger list?

I must say catching a ferry to the Bahamas would be a simple solution if B could get away with it and his parents had given him enough cash to live on.

If that was the case, wouldn't the parents tell that to LE? eg "We've disowned him!"
I don't know. It seems they are in a "da**ed if they do, da**md if they don't" situation (note: I am not defending them). It has been documented that BL last spoke to SB on September 14 and his parents last saw him on September 13. I'm just thinking of a scenario wherein they would argue extensively and the parents saying "you got yourself into this, you can get yourself out." The only issue with that would be him taking his mom's Mustang to Carlton Reserve. OTOH, he apparently had no qualms about taking Gabby's van back to Florida.

MOO/JMO

Last edited:
One thought that's occurred to me for the first time today - what if they banished him from their household. Told him he had ruined everyone's lives and told him to get out. Just a wild thought that is, of course, MOO and highly speculative.
Maybe that would explain why they put a note on the car? Second thoughts?

Good show on GP on Websleuths Youtube tonight if y'all want to tune in! ;)

(going on right now)

OMG! Guest Gal just told a CRYING funny joke!!:D

I don't know. It seems they are in a "da**ed if they do, da**md if they don't" situation (note: I am not defending them). It has been documented that Brian last spoke to SB on September 14 and his parents last saw him on September 13. I'm just thinking of a scenario wherein they would argue extensively and the parents saying "you got yourself into this, you can get yourself out." The only issue with that would be him taking his mom's Mustang to Carlton Reserve. OTOH, he apparently had no qualms about taking Gabby's van back to Florida.

MOO/JMO

In that case, perhaps B really last spoke to SB on September 13?

Could Gabby have been asleep?
That’s a good question. I saw a pathologist tonight saying that if you strangle someone in their sleep, they immediately wake up & start fighting. But I think it’s a possibility she could have been knocked unconscious just before.

RIP sweet Gabby. I hope he’s caught tomorrow.

Wouldn't there be records of his proof of vaccination or Covid test and a passenger list?

I must say catching a ferry to the Bahamas would be a simple solution if B could get away with it and his parents had given him enough cash to live on.

It looks like a passport is generally required for a trip to the Bahamas. I know I used one when I went.

Editing to add: the problem I have with his leaving the country is the passport/creating a new identity issue. I don't know if he could have done that on his own (create a new identity). I think that costs a lot of money and insider connections (ETA - at least it does on TV - lol).

I don't know about the rest of you, but I get such a nauseating feeling when I see the image of Gabby at (what I am assuming to be) her worst moment. (The Moab stop) She's hurting and distraught. I hate that it's the last image her family sees of her.

I assume he had a passport and took it with him.
That's very possible.

I wonder if it's possible to check that kind of information with foreign countries. I know a stamp is required. Not sure how and if anything is tracked beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle