Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the evidence we saw o the moab stop shows that pattern was already entrenched.
This suggests to me that the abuse had been both longterm and ongoing.
It doesn't happen overnight, the bonding to the abuser, I mean.

It won't give us any ideas towards finding him sadly but his behaviour at that police stop does suggest he is a fast thinker, at least.
He can change quickly when required.
Gabby could not, she was utterly helpless in that situation.
She never stood a chance.
That's so sad.
I agree with everything you are saying!!

Well I'm sure you're not repeatedly slapped and hit in public either.

911 caller: Brian Laundrie 'hit, slapped' Gabby Petito in Moab

And we're discussing Gabby, who is also deceased. They were not married, did not have joint accounts, did not have both names on the vehicle, etc.

Not only that, but they may have been in the process of breaking up. Police literally split them up and one LE person advised Gabby her relationship was Toxic."

It's not just about who drove the van - it's the entire context that tells what happened.

he would not have federal charges against him for using the card/PIN if he was an actual authorized user/signer on the accounts...
I know that is true legally, but the inference has been made that he was stealing her money. But, that's okay. FBI had their reasons to charge him for it.

Evidence I believe exists:

Gabby and Brian visit national parks and monuments, arriving in Moab on or before August 12. Both are in town most of the day, while Gabby works on her youtube channel.

August 12 - 2 witnesses call in what appears to be a DV incident, with two people scratching, pinching and hitting. At least one other witness tells police their story of what happened (a friend of one of the people who called) There appear to be more witnesses to this event in downtown Moab.

Early evening August 12. The 911 call results in 2-3 local police cars following GP/BL out of town toward the. entrance of Arches NP. The police put on blue lights near the turn-off to Arches, which is where GP/BL were going to spend the night (per what the ranger says later in the traffic stop)

Evening August 12. Gabby is told it "isn't far" to her campsite and that Brian will be hosted by a charity that aids DV victims. LE takes him to a hotel in Moab, about 13 miles from where Gabby is staying. The police advise them to spend the night apart. We have no evidence that they went against LE advice. Police ensure that both members of the couple have their phones and Gabby asks them to make sure BL has his charger, as she thinks his phone needs charging. Gabby appears to talk to someone on the phone.

August 13. Trip resumes. Gabby's SM shows they intended 3-4 nights in Arches.

August 17. BL flies to FL. Gabby goes to a hotel in central SLC, presumably with the van.

August 21. The coroner's window for Gabby's death has opened. (4 weeks out)

August 23. BL flies back to SLC.

August 24. Photo of Gabby in Ogden, UT. Posted to Instagram as usual.

August 25. Gabby texts her mom that she is in Grand Tetons NP.

August 27. Gabby and BL at Merry Piglets in Jackson, south of GTNP. BL goes in and out of the restaurant, speaking in a low voice to various employees. Gabby cries on the sidewalk, goes inside to apologize for him. Cause of BL's irritation is unknown.

August 27, 6:30 pm. Youtubers (Bethunes) capture their van at an unnumbered, illegal campsite near the main NF campground at Spread Creek. Rules had been made about where people could camp, due to overcrowding. (I believe that LE has been able to find more campers with dash cams and more information about their stay there.) Gabby was dead for 3-4 weeks per ME, when she was found on Sept 19. This is 23 days out from the Coroner's date for Gabby's death. Within the window.

August 29. Brian catches two rides, near Colter Bay/Dam area. He becomes somewhat agitated when he learns he's going back to Jackson and not toward Moran Junction, which is the way to Spread Creek. There is no evidence that the van had been moved during this period. Brian has a backpack, but not much stuff in it. (I believe by now LE has more pictures of the van, due to campground hosts having noticed and due to several people having dashcams, be surprised if not - van is very likely still in the same place and Brian goes back to it). Gabby is either hanging out by herself without being seen or is already dead. No. one in Spread Creek has said they saw Gabby out socializing. This is the 3 weeks out - ME's window for Gabby's death has closed.

At some point during this time, Brian uses Gabby's ATM or Credit Card or Apple WALLET to take more than $1000 from her account.

August 30. Gabby's mom gets a text she believes is not from Gabby. No voice contact. No pictures.

Sept 1. 10:36 am - The van, without Gabby in it, crosses the FL state border.
I find it curious that Gabby and Brian's Dyrt account submitted a review for a BLM campsite in Arches Utah, in JULY, saying they visited in July. How long were they at Arches in Utah? The body cam incident was August 12th. That is quite a long visit, right? Or something isn't quite accurate, which is also possible. I find it, again, quite curious. MOO.
Check out Gabby & Brian V.'s reviews on The Dyrt

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211015-231310_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211015-231310_Chrome.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 46
And we're discussing Gabby, who is also deceased. They were not married, did not have joint accounts, did not have both names on the vehicle, etc.

Not only that, but they may have been in the process of breaking up. Police literally split them up and one LE person advised Gabby her relationship was Toxic."

It's not just about who drove the van - it's the entire context that tells what happened.
I agree with all of this!!

My husband and I share an account and we both have a debit card for that account. If these two shared the resources, why didn’t he have his own card? Or why didn’t he have his own account and debit card-and if he did, why use Gabby’s and risk the current charge?
He maybe didn't want to leave a trail with his own name on it.

I've thought about this quite a bit. I cannot come up with anything logical that would bring in someone else as the cause of Gabby's death

It would have to be a totally made-up theory involving fantasy people who may or may not exist, IMO.
The only suspect that we know of is who the FBI have named a POI, and that's BL.

Evidence I believe exists:

Gabby and Brian visit national parks and monuments, arriving in Moab on or before August 12. Both are in town most of the day, while Gabby works on her youtube channel.

August 12 - 2 witnesses call in what appears to be a DV incident, with two people scratching, pinching and hitting. At least one other witness tells police their story of what happened (a friend of one of the people who called) There appear to be more witnesses to this event in downtown Moab.

Early evening August 12. The 911 call results in 2-3 local police cars following GP/BL out of town toward the. entrance of Arches NP. The police put on blue lights near the turn-off to Arches, which is where GP/BL were going to spend the night (per what the ranger says later in the traffic stop)

Evening August 12. Gabby is told it "isn't far" to her campsite and that Brian will be hosted by a charity that aids DV victims. LE takes him to a hotel in Moab, about 13 miles from where Gabby is staying. The police advise them to spend the night apart. We have no evidence that they went against LE advice. Police ensure that both members of the couple have their phones and Gabby asks them to make sure BL has his charger, as she thinks his phone needs charging. Gabby appears to talk to someone on the phone.

August 13. Trip resumes. Gabby's SM shows they intended 3-4 nights in Arches.

August 17. BL flies to FL. Gabby goes to a hotel in central SLC, presumably with the van.

August 21. The coroner's window for Gabby's death has opened. (4 weeks out)

August 23. BL flies back to SLC.

August 24. Photo of Gabby in Ogden, UT. Posted to Instagram as usual.

August 25. Gabby texts her mom that she is in Grand Tetons NP.

August 27. Gabby and BL at Merry Piglets in Jackson, south of GTNP. BL goes in and out of the restaurant, speaking in a low voice to various employees. Gabby cries on the sidewalk, goes inside to apologize for him. Cause of BL's irritation is unknown.

August 27, 6:30 pm. Youtubers (Bethunes) capture their van at an unnumbered, illegal campsite near the main NF campground at Spread Creek. Rules had been made about where people could camp, due to overcrowding. (I believe that LE has been able to find more campers with dash cams and more information about their stay there.) Gabby was dead for 3-4 weeks per ME, when she was found on Sept 19. This is 23 days out from the Coroner's date for Gabby's death. Within the window.

August 29. Brian catches two rides, near Colter Bay/Dam area. He becomes somewhat agitated when he learns he's going back to Jackson and not toward Moran Junction, which is the way to Spread Creek. There is no evidence that the van had been moved during this period. Brian has a backpack, but not much stuff in it. (I believe by now LE has more pictures of the van, due to campground hosts having noticed and due to several people having dashcams, be surprised if not - van is very likely still in the same place and Brian goes back to it). Gabby is either hanging out by herself without being seen or is already dead. No. one in Spread Creek has said they saw Gabby out socializing. This is the 3 weeks out - ME's window for Gabby's death has closed.

At some point during this time, Brian uses Gabby's ATM or Credit Card or Apple WALLET to take more than $1000 from her account.

August 30. Gabby's mom gets a text she believes is not from Gabby. No voice contact. No pictures.

Sept 1. 10:36 am - The van, without Gabby in it, crosses the FL state border.
Excellent.

Minor detail: "Schmidt said the last time she spoke over the phone with her daughter was on August 25." So it wasn't just a text.

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

It’s really shocking to find out what can and cannot be done with debit cards when you are not the account owner - the warrant is very clear - he was not authorized and there can really be no dispute about that right? We all know now we can’t share debit cards- when you are not a joint account holder it doesn’t matter if you possess a card and the PIN - you cannot use it. Having said that - after death many married couples think they can use these when they are not joint account holders and are shocked when the bank denies them. JMO
Federal arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie in Gabby Petito investigation
I was just rereading the warrant. One debit card and two other Capitol One accounts. Three different account numbers. Seems bold. MOO.

IMO, they both probably had money. Her parents probably wanted to make sure she had enuff to get by comfortably. And with both Gabby and BL at his folks' house, they probably had little or no rent. And I hope his parents funded him as well. BL probably decided to use her money first -- maybe she had more than he did -- or, maybe they decided that one would pay for gas, and one would pay for food and supplies, etc. JMO

IMO, he didn't decide to "use her money first," he decided to use her money without her permission. Full stop. If he had other money, that makes it even worse and shows that he didn't think she'd show up in Colter Bay and call her bank...to find out what happened to her money.

Or show up anywhere else, to claim her own money. People in general use their own money first - using someone else's money without permission is called stealing. Which is apparently what the FBI thinks he did...I bet they have surveillance also showing him leaving Spread Creek afterward, without a passenger.

That departure (with her money) occurred before her body was found - so she wasn't in the back of the van, either.

Just thinking out loud, let’s say BL thought GP’s body wouldn’t be found for ages or ever, he drove home and has the epiphany if I use her cards on the journey home it leaves a trail, e.g she came home with me but we broke up I’ve not seen her since, I assumed she went back to her parents (cctv gone by the time he expects her to be found) could do this with the phone and then just dispose of the phone (maybe bike ride with mum), he could also maybe forge her signature and get the van in his name or say she said she would get it at some point as she doesn’t like driving it. JMO and thinking out loud.
This doesn't es make sense. MOO

I find it curious that Gabby and Brian's Dyrt account submitted a review for a BLM campsite in Arches Utah, in JULY, saying they visited in July. How long were they at Arches in Utah? The body cam incident was August 12th. That is quite a long visit, right? Or something isn't quite accurate, which is also possible. I find it, again, quite curious. MOO.
Check out Gabby & Brian V.'s reviews on The Dyrt

They had planned to stay 3-4 nights at most places she had selected on Dyrt, as far as I can tell from Dyrt and her instagram. It was Gabby on Dyrt, doing the research, AFAIK, Brian did not have a Dyrt account.

I don't think they were at Arches continuously - although they could have gone through twice (it's on the way from where they were in CO to Zion and Bryce, where they also stayed).

This doesn't es make sense. MOO
Why? Her dad lives in Florida he could have said I thought she went to stay with her dad we’re broken up I have no idea what happened after that. This is based on him thinking she won’t be found for a long time or ever, it’s how I thought he might think, I also said In another post that he could be caught in a lie so that’s probably why the lawyer said don’t say anything. If he’s just murdered someone is he going to be thinking very rationally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member