Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am fast forwarding to when he is found and a trial.
He could say: they had an argument just like so many times before. She had another boyfriend. She said leave me here and he will pick me up. You take van and money and go home. He pushes her. He leaves not realising she has died.
He goes home and says she dumped him. He goes away to clear his head not even knowing she is missing. When he is found he has no idea that Gabby is dead, nor that anyone has been looking for him.
If he sticks to a story like this, let's hope FBI has evidence that he was the actual person who strangled her and DNA. Just thinking outside what most of us suspect. MOO.

Assaulting someone and leaving them lying on the ground until they die (whether the assailant looks at them or not) is very likely second degree murder. The push is a physical force which is known to be able to cause injury - which it did in your example (or else Gabby would simply have walked 10 minutes to the main campground or flagged down another camper). She was left there will all her things. So this assailant committed a felony (assault, DV, ending in death) and then took off with all the victim's possessions...

People don't go off with other friends/boyfriends without their ID, phone, and their basic possessions. They just don't. If they are locked out/thrown out on rocks in a campsite, they get up and seek help - unless they are not able. They do not just lie there waiting to be strangled by someone else.

Your defense left out that she died due to strangling. He cannot leave not knowing she's dead, IMO. If he says she was moving around after he strangled her, he is lying because she died due to a crushed windpipe and, likely, pressure to arteries.

He did not just push her. Another person did not just happen open her, sitting on open ground with no camping equipment, and just randomly strangle her.

The strangulation is what the defense has to explain away. No reasonable person would believe the Rando story.

He could say: they had an argument just like so many times before. She had another boyfriend. She said leave me here and he will pick me up. You take van and money and go home. He pushes her. He leaves not realising she has died.
He goes home and says she dumped him. He goes away to clear his head not even knowing she is missing. When he is found he has no idea that Gabby is dead, nor that anyone has been looking for him.
If he sticks to a story like this, let's hope FBI has evidence that he was the actual person who strangled her and DNA. Just thinking outside what most of us suspect. MOO.
I have an alternative.

They meet up with like minded people at Spread Creek. He leaves her at the van or they set up the tent nearby and goes off on a hike (leaving Gabby , he thinks in safe hands. I'm going to add to I think they had probably had an argument too and its agreed to give them both space).

He gets the lift(s) back to the van - no sign of Gabby, the tent or the other people. He spends time looking in the area of the tent, but its getting dark and he cannot find her or the tent. Her phone is going to voicemail - he thinks its over and she has left him, so he decides to drive home.

I’d imagine Cell phone pings will incriminate him the most, if proven that he had Gabby’s phone in his possession the whole time and sent that misleading text to her mother on August 30 to throw off her actual whereabouts, then turned off her phone on August 31 or September 1 and dumped it somewhere. I don’t know what kind of defense he will be making, especially if prosecutors prove he had her phone, her money, and her van in his possession and left her with absolutely nothing, and she was conveniently found 900ft away from where the van was once parked.

Last edited:
It does. It post dates the first camping trip anyway.

Where were they going on the 11th? When they were sighted getting into the camper (apparently). I recall, early in the piece, it being said that they made two camping trips during that week.

I have sometimes wondered if BL came home from that 2nd trip.
What camping trip on the 11th? I don't recall seeing anything about it.

Even if one isn't legally required, one is morally required, imo. There is no defense for this in my opinion, no matter how much some people try defend them. Again I ask, if it were your loved one missing and the only people who who could help you blocked your calls and treated you the way Gabby's family were treated, you would not dismiss their behavior as their legal right, in my honest opinion. Gabby lived with that family for two years. Their son came home alone in her van. Her frantic parents were begging them for information.
I am a parent and have imagined myself in both families situations. Of course I would have obtained a lawyer for my child- and a mental health eval. I would inform the lawyer to take the death penalty off the table if possible. In the meantime, I would ask the lawyer to share every bit of information with the parents, that is I would have spoken to them myself. How any other parent could be as repulsive and cruel to a worried mother is beyond my comprehension. Also I do feel they have helped him evade LE , that is my opinion and that is from THEIR actions and behavior. So I do not care how much some people want pass their behavior off as their legal right and claim we can not judge them by their actions . I am not a lawyer and this isn't a court of law. I have a right to my opinions just as others here do. Trying to cross exam posters here as if we are in a court of law and you are defense attorneys is a waste of time because we have a right to our opinions. Just my opinion.
ETA: I would have been worried sick about BOTH of them .
I just want to point out - that lawyers are instructed by their clients. In this case, the client would be your child (and I'm using BLs age here). You would not be able to direct or demand anything of the lawyer and I suspect that any defence attorney would not want to tell the victims parents anything as this would undermine any plea deal he would want to negotiate.

I just want to point out - that lawyers are instructed by their clients. In this case, the client would be your child (and I'm using BLs age her). You would not be able to direct or demand anything of the lawyer and I suspect that any defence attorney would not want to tell the victims parents anything as this would undermine any plea deal he would want to negotiate.
So then BL must be speaking with SB? So he knows where BL is right now?

I have an alternative.

They meet up with like minded people at Spread Creek. He leaves her at the van or they set up the tent nearby and goes off on a hike (leaving Gabby , he thinks in safe hands. I'm going to add to I think they had probably had an argument too and its agreed to give them both space).

He gets the lift(s) back to the van - no sign of Gabby, the tent or the other people. He spends time looking in the area of the tent, but its getting dark and he cannot find her or the tent. Her phone is going to voicemail - he thinks its over and she has left him, so he decides to drive home.
Good theory but IMO me and my hubby are van life people and my husband would never ever leave me alone with strangers whether they were like minded or not, even during a row, we know van life can have its dangers, I realise that us and we’re much older, but it would be irresponsible of BL to do that IMO.

Wow - that is the saddest tweet I’ve ever seen - a beautiful spot but why was it even needed ? I know Gabbys’ death has made me more aware of how people may turn on a dime and your loved one is lost forever … will never understand these killers and I’ve followed many …
JMO

The one and only thing that can truly give a little solace in this sad story is that Gabby's life has so much purpose. I truly hope she is resting in peace and that her family members will find their way to peace eventually, too.

Good theory but IMO me and my hubby are van life people and my husband would never ever leave me alone with strangers whether they were like minded or not, even during a row, we know van life can have its dangers, I realise that us and we’re much older, but it would be irresponsible of BL to do that IMO.
Apparently, it happens alot with the younger crew - they hook up, make new friends and make more friends. Remember, we get more cautious as we get older and have more life experiences.

I have an alternative.

There are just too many obstacles to overcome to believe anyone but Brian caused her death....

Who is SB representing, the L's or BL?
I think SB has said that he is representing all of them. Obviously, it is only BL who has an arrest warrant hanging over his head. So, until there is a conflict, SB can act for all of them (for seperate things). I prob haven;t explained that very well, but its 1.15am here and I'm tired ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member