Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people harassing the parents? Leave them alone, let the police handle it.

IMO - and I am purely speaking on this because its how I feel - I am frustrated and appalled that his parents wouldn't at the very least make a personal public statement/plea (ie - not via SB). I think what people are hoping is that the "harassment" will get to them and make them crack. I also think the lack of emotion we are seeing from them is making it worse. Its like when I was younger and used to annoy my sisters...the more they ignored me, the more annoying I got! :D

Okay. I was just going by what her best friend Rose had said regarding her living in parents condo in Venice. That's why I searched for the property in Venice. I didn't know they owned another property here in North Port. Yes they sold it in March, 2021.

Thanks for the info!

Welcome to Websleuths,
Kroni !!

Even SB has admitted as much, “It is my understanding that the arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie is related to activities occurring after the death of Gabby Petito and not related to her actual demise,”
Yeah. & IMO I was thinking that the only way they could have proof for an indictment that it was in fact unauthorized use was if they knew for sure Gabby was dead during the time frame the card was used. I’m no lawyer, but I would think they’d have to have some sort of proof to present to a grand jury that it was unauthorized. I can’t think of any other proof. JMO.

That being said - In your opinion- How far north of Atlanta area , on the trail could he be ? (with proper clothing and packed for 2 weeks)
First of all, he'd have to get to the AT. That's 500 miles or so by car.

No one would choose to have 2 weeks of supplies on the AT. That would be more common on a backpack trip in a roadless area. AT has supply points pretty much every day if you need them, except maybe Maine.

Calculate 2lbs of food per person per day. For 14 days, that's 28 pounds (no thank you). There's not a good way to take vegetables. Plus, you've got to carry a fuel supply. And this still won't be enough food!

Hikers who've been on the trail for a while go CRAZY for food. Every moment, every day. BL would never manage this: he's a guy who went to restaurants on budget camping trips.

The condo that sold in July was the Venice condo, not the North Port condo near where Gabby and Brian worked at Publix and Taco Bell that we have pictures of Gabby and Brian living in.
Correct, but they never lived at Fenwick so why are people still talking about that property? the tenant came out to the protestor woman and explained already

Since the park/reserve has been re-opened to the public, does that mean that LE has concluded their search of the area?

If so, I assume that means they will be following other leads in other locations, but I'm curious as to how open they will be about their efforts moving forward. I feel like everything has been so public up to this point because it was in such close proximity to the Laundries' home and reporters could easily move between the two locations. If LE is branching out, it is going to be harder for the media to really be on top of their movement. Considering how close LE has held their investigation, I don't see the public really getting much more information than what they already know at this point.

I was thinking over the weekend - since BL has been charged with credit card fraud, that means one of two things (or possibly both) have happened: 1) The story we heard early on about video capturing BL at a gas station in Benton was true and they have the video or 2) GP's card was in his wallet.

LE has been pretty good about clearing up any potential sightings or rumors that aren't true. However, nothing else has been said, that I have found at least, about the stop at the Benton gas station, which leads me to believe there is actual surveillance footage of him. His parents also said he left his wallet and phone at home the day he went on his hike. LE has the phone, so I assume they also have the wallet.

Has anyone else seen anything on this?
I agree about the Benton sighting and probable card use. No one has debunked that. So, yeah, I think FBI has video surveillance of a transaction. How far is Benton from Jackson WY? Could he have made it there on one tank of gas? How far could he travel from Benton toward home before he had to buy gas again? jmo

there is nothing in the charging documents (that I've seen) regarding the cardholder being dead. Only unauthorized use. The point here is we are assuming she is dead by a date certain, and none of us have evidence to support that assumption

the news release that accompanied the warrant and indictment stated that the unauthorized activity took place "following the death of gabrielle petito"...

this link shows it...

Read the documents: Brian Laundrie arrest warrant

IMO - and I am purely speaking on this because its how I feel - I am frustrated and appalled that his parents wouldn't at the very least make a personal public statement/plea (ie - not via SB). I think what people are hoping is that the "harassment" will get to them and make them crack. I also think the lack of emotion we are seeing from them is making it worse. Its like when I was younger and used to annoy my sisters...the more they ignored me, the more annoying I got! :D
I agree. The more they stay silent - which is their right, however I’m talking about SO silent that they’re not even asking the public to help them find their son - the more it frustrates people & makes them look bad. I wouldn’t care if the world hated my guts & ppl threw tomatoes at my face when I got up to a podium. If my kid was missing, I’d be begging for help finding them. Like omg I can’t even think about that. I’d be a total wreck telling everyone who would listen. JMO. Their silence - in relation to Gabby’s parents & even on something that has nothing to do with Gabby specifically like BL missing is extremely frustrating.

Even SB has admitted as much, “It is my understanding that the arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie is related to activities occurring after the death of Gabby Petito and not related to her actual demise,”

"It's my understanding" is a long walk from evidence of any kind. If there has been official statements saying anything related to a date certain, please share. But thus far, so far as I've seen, there is none.

I agree. The more they stay silent - which is their right, however I’m talking about SO silent that they’re not even asking the public to help them find their son - the more it frustrates people & makes them look bad. I wouldn’t care if the world hated my guts & ppl threw tomatoes at my face when I got up to a podium. If my kid was missing, I’d be begging for help finding them. Like omg I can’t even think about that. I’d be a total wreck telling everyone who would listen. JMO. Their silence - in relation to Gabby’s parents & even on something that has nothing to do with Gabby specifically like BL missing is extremely frustrating.

Except if the kid was a fugitive, like BL is, maybe they don't want to beg for him to be found because that means going to prison.

the news release that accompanied the warrant and indictment stated that the unauthorized activity took place "following the death of gabrielle petito"...

this link shows it...

Read the documents: Brian Laundrie arrest warrant
Not quite. The use charge says nothing about her being dead. The press release announces an arrest warrant **pursuant to** that charge related to his activities following her death. The Grand Jury (rightly) views the card usage sufficient to allow a warrant.

I want to put the photo I found up. Is that permitted? It's a photo from Oct 6 in Colorado where a camera caught a guy that stole some stuff from a porch. I think it looks closer to BL than that last one, but then again, it's still not spot-on.

If I can't do it, that's cool too.

You'd think so. One would think that if they planned to sell the condo after B&G vacated for their long-term van trip, they would have insisted that that B&G move everything out before they left. I don't think it was in the van plan for B to fly home and back from wherever they were and have Gabby stay at the Fairfield for a week. It was obviously a spur of the moment change in plans.....to separate the two. Brian's father was capable of moving the stuff himself, or hiring someone to do it. It was either CL's idea, after hearing of the Moab fiasco, or Brian's. jmo
BBM. You may be right. Vinne Politan had a segment about this case on Court TV last night and he made the point that BL likely phoned his parents immediately. I think he's right because my sons have phoned us immediately after encounters with LE and told us they were being wrongfully accused. We promptly got them attorneys....and the charges were eventually dropped.

Where this case goes seriously wrong is BL's disappearance. His parents aren't acting bereaved or upset so I seriously doubt he killed himself. jmo

Not quite. The use charge says nothing about her being dead. The press release announces an arrest warrant **pursuant to** that charge related to his activities following her death. The Grand Jury (rightly) views the card usage sufficient to allow a warrant.
Since he did not murder her in front of witnesses and she was left in a wilderness with no emergency care, all they can do is guess that death occured from the time she was last seen. I am sure they have phone and SM records , as well as BL on camera driving back to Florida in her van without her. Jmo

Except if the kid was a fugitive, like BL is, maybe they don't want to beg for him to be found because that means going to prison.
If he's never found, they are off the hook. It's in their best interest if he is never found, so why should they beg for him to turn himself in? I keep hearing that they are cooperating w LE in their effort to find B. But really, all they have said is that he supposedly went to the C. Reserve, then when the mustang was ticketed at the Mya. Env. Park, obviously not at Carlton Reserve, they "helped" by changing the date of his disappearance from 14th to 13th, and weeks later, decided to "help" search at Mya......pointing out BL's "favorite" trails.......not at the C. Reserve. jmo

What I was getting at was that Stan whoever that was, was not Stan the grandfather. Was someone else Gabby was in touch with. Maybe that was the person Gabby called when sitting in the LE car in Moab. Someone Brian was unaware of.

But if is was Gabby's grandfather, maybe that is who she called during the Moab stop. Still trying to figure out who she called.

And if calls were FROM Stan, why not call him back??
IMO I think it was the grandfather. IMO she didn’t call back because she was already dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member