Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jackson/Jackson Hole/Jackson Dam loop feels similar to the Yosemite/Yellowstone rabbit hole. Lol

However, if this was BL and the story this young woman told was accurate, there is zero chance Gabby would have been okay camping alone near the Snake River while he hiked for “days”. She didn’t want to be without him for one night in Moab. I see no way she would spend days alone at a remote campsite.

IMO.
What if they got in another fight and he just left? I agree with you that she wouldn't be OK with that.

I am not convinced he's the one who drove the van back to Florida and if so, not alone. I believe he was picked up and was crafting a story. Gabby said she was afraid of being left alone. BL left her alone for multiple days in an unregulated camping area without Wifi and likely without cell service to update their social media? The girl who was terrified of being left?

No, I think not.

MOO.

WAIT! Are you suggesting that Gabby drove the van back to Florida? And that his family isn't admitting that she's with them?

My point was not whether she had a good reason to kick him out; my point was that he is now in Florida with the van, and she is nowhere to be found. Did they each have a set of keys to the van, or does he now have the only set? (We likely cannot know that)-If it is the only set, how did he get them from her?

I guess I misunderstood the favor part of the post. I don't see him taking off in her van all the way to Florida as a favor or return of favor, especially if she had good reason to kick him out. She didn't drive all the way home in radio silence so I don't think her kicking him out would be the same level of favor he returned.

If that was Brian hitchhiking, it just doesn't comport with what we think we know about him. He likes to be dirty and go barefoot but was wearing hiking boots. He had a lot of cash on him. Obviously if it was him he was lying about camping alone with the tarp and lying about Gabby working on her social media in her van. The timing to get back to Florida is very tight.

Also, if he had already killed/harmed her by then, he’s stupider than I thought if he didn’t think eventually her disappearance would become news. Therefore, to mention Gabby’s name and her van was either profound ignorance, supreme over-confidence or raging over-sharing.

If it was him and he was fleeing, the TikToker might well have not made the connection if he’d simply asked for a ride without shooting off his mouth. Maybe she’d remember his description but maybe not, if the West is crowded with people just like him.

ETA: I understand my fellow posters who say he was trying to fabricate his alibi. That is possible. But how sturdy of an alibi could it be when Gabby was not there? All it establishes was that he wasn’t with her, not that she was safe. Better to have just shut up and lie low. Although if this was BL I hope he does get snared in his web.

Last edited:
What if the true motivation for Brian’s short trip back to Florida was to get them money from his parents so that way they could continue on with the trip with less struggle. I could see her agreeing to being alone for a few days if she knew he was coming back with more money for them. Anyway, maybe he returns but is unable to find her, just the van. He sticks it out for a couple days hoping she’ll return to the van so he keeps checking on it but there’s no sign of her so he ultimately decides to take the van to return home after an ample amount of time. In this case he’d probably feel guilt for leaving her because something happened to her which could explain the shutdown. Probably a far fetched theory but yeah…

IMO, people Brian's age know there are plenty of other ways to get money from parents' pockets into his and Gabby's; and doesn't require him having to show up in person to get said cash.

There's Zelle, Venmo, and even good old Western Union, just for starters. (IME, I can access Zelle online prominently from my online banking account interface. For some people, if you can sign on to your own bank account website, it's as good as a done deal.)

(Shameless nosy side: my prurient curiosity has finally gotten the best of me, and I must ask; given your screenname, why is your avatar of Shannen Doherty, aka Heather Duke? Shouldn't it be of Winona Ryder?)

BBM - This in itself is telling. So she isn't able to talk to him then. Is that refusal based on BL, his parents or the attorney? You would think the person interviewing her would have asked her WHY she can't?
I really do wonder why she bothered with all of this instead of just saying "I haven't spoken to my brother since he came back so I don't have anything helpful, I wish I did" or even since a specific timeframe. Instead it's a long drawn out interview of jack squat. ::shrug::
This also piqued my interest, and has me thinking that the parents and BL all know something they don't want anyone else to know -- including, apparently, their own daughter. Whether this means they are all complicit in something, nobody can say. I'm also considering how bizarre it is for a sibling to independently comment upon these terrible circumstances, clearly without communicating first with their parents or (at least) BL. When I take a moment to think about it, I can't make sense of it.

I can make sense of the family cutting off the information to the daughter, for her own good.

I cannot make sense of the daughter then appearing on national television with basically nothing to add. Very attention-seeking behavior, very strange to speak on behalf of a family that has all but shut down. (Seems to me very "rogue"). What is UP?

According to this TikToker BL was wanting to go north. From Colter Bay Village? Was that where GP was with the van? I can understand the confusion in the towns as an outsider. I’d not know Jackson and Jackson Hole were often one and the same. It’s a little confusing.

I believe the girl’s story. Seems credible enough. But according to her timeline it took them 39 minutes to drive a little less than 8 miles. Is that typical?
View attachment 313006

That’s a tight timeline relative to when he made it back to Florida. He would have had just a short amount of time, considering the amount of time needed for the trip, between when the couple dropped him off at the Dam and when he made it to FL. He obviously made it back to the van (and presumably Gabby) somehow. He’d almost immediately need to be on the road to make it back by the 1st.

More questions.

ETA: For him to have offered $200 for a few mile ride, he must have really wanted to get to “Jackson”. Quickly.

There is (or was in August when I was there) a TON of construction on the road from Yellowstone through GTNP and into Jackson. This timeline is not unbelievable for the area in that situation, and especially reasonable on and around "Free National Park Entrance" day.

Jackson Hole is the name of the valley that includes the town of Jackson. It is also the name of the resort there. I realize BL was not from there, but no one in that area would likely mistake Jackson, WY for Jackson, ID.

What if the van was parked at Jackson Dam and him being let out there put him right where he wanted to be?

What if GP and BL hiked from Jackson Dam and something happened out there to GP. BL made his way to the CB / showers, got cleaned up (hence why not dirty / smelly), hitched a ride back to the van under pretense of heading to “Jackson”, and drove to FL from there.
This sounds possible. He wouldn't need a ton of money if he knew the trip was over, hence offering $200 to the drivers. Just gas money to get to Florida.

VERY good advice. Thank you. Women should also be trained to recognize the signs of a mental/emotional abuser and what to do in that situation too. Often women who are victims in these situations just don't know what to do and get frustrated because they are being gaslighted.
Women need more training in this world. This is not a world where it's safe to travel around with a man without being equipped with self defense knowledge, including mental self defense. IMO

It does upset me to see that people still think Gabby was seriously mentally ill in some way. There is NO evidence of that. Anxiety is a daily condition millions of people live with without medication. America is an over-medicated society IMHO and take pills for every little thing when it's not necessarily necessary. IMO even general anxiety and panic attacks can be controlled with a variety of methods (I speak from personal experience).There are things people can do to teach themselves how to deal with it without taking pills. In fact, if you go to a psychologist that is their preferred method. (again my personal experience). Being in a volatile relationship would blow all coping mechanisms to h*** especially when the boyfriend seems to take some enjoyment from irritating her and making things worse as BL has shown in his LE convo.

Bottom line: We just have no evidence that Gabby has or had a diagnosed mental condition. I think it's a red herring to think she's in a facility somewhere.

This. She was upset, yes. But people going down the rabbit hole of her checking into a mental health facility or committing suicide is very extreme IMO. She was having a bad day. I highly doubt she was seriously mentally ill.

IMO either the well-meaning woman from Tik Tok is incorrect that it was BL who was hitchhiking, OR it was him and he's lying.
For one thing, if he said he and his fiancée were camping at an unregulated campground on a river, but she was back at the van working on social media, wouldn't she need the wifi to do that? As they did before by spending hours at a coffee shop? Where is she getting wifi "in a van down by the river.”

Separately, regarding the speculation that Gabby may have checked herself into a medical facility but HIPPA prevents them from releasing her identity, I don’t agree. LE has to be informed if she matches a missing person case, just no private medical info is available to them. Also, I would think most facilities would ask the patient for an emergency contact number?

You don't necessarily need wifi to edit video and do many of things to prep social media content.

Having said that... of course he's lying. The TikTok story reeks of believability.

Gabby Petito’s father was involved in a "public service" incident at fiancé Brian Laundrie’s home on Sept. 10, nine days after he returned to Florida without her from a cross-country road trip and a day before she was reported missing by her mother, according to heavily redacted police reports.

Nearly everything but the time and address is redacted due to the open investigation – but the documents do link Joseph Petito to a police response to the home his daughter lived in with Laundrie and his parents at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 10. They then returned twice on Sept. 11 for follow-up investigations.
Missing Gabby Petito's dad linked to Laundrie home incident evening before daughter reported missing

If that was Brian hitchhiking, it just doesn't comport with what we think we know about him. He likes to be dirty and go barefoot but was wearing hiking boots. He had a lot of cash on him. Obviously if it was him he was lying about camping alone with the tarp and lying about Gabby working on her social media in her van. The timing to get back to Florida is very tight.

Also, if he had already killed/harmed her by then, he’s stupider than I thought if he didn’t think eventually her disappearance would become news. Therefore, to mention Gabby’s name and her van was either profound ignorance, supreme over-confidence or raging over-sharing.

If it was him and he was fleeing, the TikToker might well have not made the connection if he’d simply asked for a ride without shooting off his mouth. Maybe she’d remember his description but maybe not, if the West is crowded with people just like him.

Barefoot? Likely only for the photographs.

He sounded pretty scrambled, probably indicating some panic. $200? Traveling to Jackson to go north when Jackson is actually south? Clean and carrying only a tarp when he supposedly was camping alone, at 35°, for several days? His fiance was in the wilderness doing something that required WiFi? He sounds like he's wildly making up things as he goes and isn't getting his story straight.

I predict that he had just then harmed Gabby, panicked and was trying to get away, and then ultimately returned to the van, disposed of Gabby, and drove to FL.

I also sadly predict that if they find Gabby, it will be somewhere near to Coulter Bay Village off of Hwy 199, or east on Hwy 26 - unless he dumped her body somewhere on the trip home to FL.

I don't think he'd risk driving around with her body in the van for any longer than absolutely necessary.

They were on the police's radar already since they were pulled over, so I imagine he didn't want to be caught with her body in the van if police were to recognise the plates and pull the vehicle again if they saw him alone in it.

MOO

Gabby Petito’s father was involved in a "public service" incident at fiancé Brian Laundrie’s home on Sept. 10, nine days after he returned to Florida without her from a cross-country road trip and a day before she was reported missing by her mother, according to heavily redacted police reports.

Nearly everything but the time and address is redacted due to the open investigation – but the documents do link Joseph Petito to a police response to the home his daughter lived in with Laundrie and his parents at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 10. They then returned twice on Sept. 11 for follow-up investigations.
Missing Gabby Petito's dad linked to Laundrie home incident evening before daughter reported missing

WHOAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member