Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Press conference abruptly canceled shortly before it was going to start
  • Announcement of no connection to the couple's murders
  • Presumably now a search warrant for his house?
Why am I suddenly hearing the "tick, tick, tick" of the clock from 24?

I agree. Something big must have happened…

I happen to believe the police went in there to essentially just standby as security. There is effectually a mob on their property - and while they appear to be respectful and keeping an appropriate buffer, all it takes is a few people to unleash the potential energy of a large crowd. Trust me, I have seen my fair share of 'mosh pits' very quickly turn into the 'wall of death' formation really quickly! If you're prepared for it, it can be great fun! If you're not, it can get REALLY out of control, and my point is, there is never any warning. Anyway, whether a metal show, or a front lawn, human psychology is the same - it just takes one person to start chaos.

I’m just thinking of reasons why he would take the van home
1) lack of money for airfare
2) Leaving the van there would (eventually when vehicle found), give LE an indication of the last known route. Whether or not GP was in it or not.
3) something specific in the van that he wanted to clean and he wanted to do it where he felt safe.
Any thoughts?
All interesting ideas. I wonder if he left a money trail paying for gas and food. I expect that LE are not disclosing any details as standard procedures. Some how I cannot find a scenario where he is free and clean given the known information.

I don't see any police cars there. There can't be very many.

A couple of people suggested that the police are there because the family complained about so many people trespassing on their lawn, around their cars in the driveway, etc.

Catching the #InvisibleMonster

I happen to believe the police went in there to essentially just standby as security. There is effectually a mob on their property - and while they appear to be respectful and keeping an appropriate buffer, all it takes is a few people to unleash the potential energy of a large crowd. Trust me, I have seen my fair share of 'mosh pits' very quickly turn into the 'wall of death' formation really quickly! If you're prepared for it, it can be great fun! If you're not, it can get REALLY out of control, and my point is, there is never any warning. Anyway, whether a metal show, or a front lawn, human psychology is the same - it just takes one person to start chaos.

But it was the FBI, not the local police. Plus, they went inside, rather than just dispersing the crowd.

Maybe they called the police as a bunch of people are on their lawn!?

It's possible buuuuuuutttt...! Traditionally lots of people have said the news cycle is timed to maximum exposure, and that if any story makes it past Friday evening without being exposed, the parties are safe from its being exposed until Monday morning.

Until the police confirm that the hitchhiking story is legit I’m strongly doubting it. There’s always a few of these in every high profile missing persons case. Someone gets on social media and claims they were involved, they get a bunch of views and likes, and then without fail it’s always unrelated and/or completely made up.

I understand why it's confusing. But he asked to go to Jackson, and freaked out when they told him they were going to Jackson Hole (could have meant the ski resort/village area IMO). Also, Jackson, WY would have been about 10 miles as she describes.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-laundrie-hiking-in-grand-teton-national-park

"He approached us asking for a ride because he needed to go to Jackson and we were going to Jackson that night. So I said, ya know, 'hop in' and he hopped in the back of my Jeep," Baker said. "He offered to pay us like, $200 to give him a ride like 10 miles. So, that was kind of weird."

Baker said when she mentioned to Laundrie that they were driving to Jackson Hole, Laundrie "freaked out" and asked asked them to pull over and he exited the Jeep.

Baker said they let him out near Jackson Dam in Grand Teton National Park.

A lot of people confuse Jackson Hole, with being a town or location. The area is Jackson Hole, the town is just Jackson. I wonder if BL thought the two were different.

Second thought is that he was fleeing the scene, and changed his mind and decided to return to the van before going any further away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa