Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case hasn’t seemed normal from the start, it’s been bizarre at points. I still can’t get over that BL’s parents found the items, a day after the preserve was reopened. So strange IMO
I know it's weird, but like this case, weird stuff happens in Florida. If the items were found they could've been underwater previously. That area has been flooded for much of the search.

It could be depending on the circumstances. I wrote a very detailed synopsis how it could be either or both. Please take a moment to read. An independent autopsy most likely will be performed at some point. Just because the local-yokel corner says something and draws a conclusion doesn't mean its the correct fact(s). Experts often come to differing conclusions which creates reasonable doubt. We know nothing of this coroner's skills, education and experience. Its not like a Michael Baden did the autopsy.

I guarantee if you pay my retainer and have a war chest of money big enough to take on the "state" and their unlimited funding I will present a forensic expert with impeccable credentials to create reasonable doubt during the trial as to cause of death ect.
Strangulation is different from hanging oneself as the nature of the injuries would not be the same.
The coroner believes Gabby dies of a homicide, and the yokel lokel coroner knows his craft and occupation.
If the hyoid bone was broken and if there were other injuries that someone inflicted that would be telling ?

About strangulation and hanging: Language matters

Hanging Injuries and Strangulation: Practice Essentials

From theses links, the manner of injuries in a hanging vs strangling by an outside force are vastly different.
These injuries are what the coroner would be focusing on as they are important.
Also thinking a coroner worth his pay grade would be careful not to mistake a suicide from a murder.
MOO.

It's so crazy to me that they have been there searching for so long.. we were told, what - a week or so ago that nothing pertaining to BL had been found there. Park reopens to the public yesterday. Mom and dad go out there this morning - now this?

Am I the only one who thinks this doesn't pass the smell test??

If they find BL body, which I am assuming they will, and it is determined he is in fact deceased. Can the family and/or other people who are involved in this case speak out now about things they said they were not allowed to talk about. I realize that the reasoning behind all this tragedy may just be gone but possibly "some" questions may be answered as this was a very bizarre case and has left a lot of people making assumptions and accusations without anything to back it up. Just hoping that something/anything can be answered.

Totally unsatisfying if he is not found alive. But the one small upside is that if he is gone from this world, Gabby's family will never have to listen to him speaking about their daughter. The thought of sitting in a courtroom and listening to him speak about her is sickening to me. My heart goes out to them....

Well hopefully if found dead, a note is left.

It could be depending on the circumstances. I wrote a very detailed synopsis how it could be either or both. Please take a moment to read. An independent autopsy most likely will be performed at some point. Just because the local-yokel corner says something and draws a conclusion doesn't mean its the correct fact(s). Experts often come to differing conclusions which creates reasonable doubt. We know nothing of this coroner's skills, education and experience. Its not like a Michael Baden did the autopsy.

I guarantee if you pay my retainer and have a war chest of money big enough to take on the "state" and their unlimited funding I will present a forensic expert with impeccable credentials to create reasonable doubt during the trial as to cause of death ect.

He did not perform this autopsy on his own and if you go back and listen to the press conference he named the other professionals who were involved.

Blue said officials conducted a whole-body CAT scan on Petito, a forensic pathology examination, a forensic anthropology examination and a toxicology evaluation. Blue said he was unable to comment on the results on the examinations.

Gabby Petito autopsy ruling: Coroner says she died by strangulation

Maybe the water receded in an area LE hadn't been able to search before. Maybe even the Laundries told LE that was one of the places where he liked to go so it was the first place the Laundries went to look when it was reopened. I see zero benefit of planting evidence at this late date. NPPD may not have an elite forensics department, but I am pretty sure the FBI could tell the difference between something that's been out there for 6 weeks and something that was placed today. As far as I can tell, the Laundrie parents haven't done anything illegal yet, why would they do something that would so easily be detected?
I see benefit of planting evidence at any date. While the Laundrie's haven't been charged with anything illegal, their behavior has been at the very least unethical and immoral.

This is going to sound a little far fetched but I’ve been thinking about this over the last couple of days. If the L family made ‘plans’ or discussed what had happened as well as what the future might be, I would assume ( my opinion ) that they realized that BL’s next move needed to be a way to spin matters in his favor. IF he told mom and dad that he snapped and was temporarily unable to control himself and then claim he needed ‘help’ would it be possible at all that after the camping trip they took him somewhere and he admitted himself to a hospital? It might explain the calm cool lack of concern they show about him being so called missing. Again, just mental processing on my part to view other possibilities, if that happened he would be protected by HIPPA regulations if I’m not mistaken. It would also be an Avenue he and SB could possibly use to his advantage. ?

Would they be able to allow the massive search at a huge cost in the meantime? I’m not so sure-I don’t know if HIPAA regs would satisfy the authorities, and get the Laundries off of the financial hook for it.

But a cadaver dog will alert on a body under water...
You may be right, and maybe if they are even able to get close enough. I don't remember many instances of them having the cadaver dog team out there, and 25k acres is a lot. Weren't they out only 2 or 3 times or so? I thought I read that they didn't have a large team of pups available. I could be wrong, tho! Just MOO.

[...snip...]

I know many here will become enraged at the above considerations. These are as probable and as possible based on the current known facts as the belief he straight-up murdered her with premeditation.

We simply do not know what happened, why and by whom caused her death.

[...snip...]

--

There is what is possible and there is what is probable and those are two different things. Is it possible that somebody else murdered Gabby and Brian panicked and ran? Sure. Is it probable? Heck no. There is a mountain of evidence that suggests Brian is the guilty party. Prior history. Last person seen with her. His actions post death. It all adds up to a very strong circumstantial case. It is simply wrong to suggest that other scenarios are just as probable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member