Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the article about the errand run today, and the pic. You know IMO I actually thought it was a very passive aggressive way of the L family saying 'screw all of you'. There certainly is some mystery in time spent at bank. I think they may have been getting new phones/lines/etc. The whole water thing is to me them making a statement. JMO and adds no value to where BL is, but I still don't think he's dead.

I know opening anyone’s mail in England that isn’t your own is massively illegal, you’re not even allowed to open your spouses mail. So definitely I think they could send it. I can’t see the FBI showing up and opening it without some legal ramifications.
I do enjoy other people’s opinions and haven’t used ignore so far but I think today is the day unfortunately. MOO

<modsnip> I would imagine that the problem with a package is that if LE wants access to it, by the time a warrant goes into effect it could be too late to get to the contents before they are removed.
I don't know if the FBI could have immediately went into FedEx after they mailed their package and obtained the information as to whom and what address it was sent to. You never know where professional courtesies come into play. IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think people in the middle of this mess want to create a paper trail. There may not be a warrant out right now, but they can be pretty certain their activities will be the subject of future investigations. The idea, in the middle of this, that they would send cash to a person currently wanted for fraud is pretty out there. The idea that they would be smart enough to lawyer up at the first sign of trouble with the kid, and then turn around and do something that dumb? Don't think so.
We have no idea how smart or otherwise they are.
Right now, in the absence of an open warrant they are, in fact, free to do as they please.
I can say I don't think they would chance it but what do I know about them?
Nothing at all.

I don't think the lawyer was making fun of where Brian was. He could have thought WFLA Josh said where is brian? meaning brian entin. So he replied isn't he with you? Brian entin shows up on their lives every once in a while and newsnation is affiliated with WFLA.

I don't think the lawyer was making fun of where Brian was. He could have thought WFLA Josh said where is brian? meaning brian entin. So he replied isn't he with you? Brian entin shows up on their lives every once in a while and newsnation is affiliated with WFLA.
ah, could be

But why would WFLA Josh ask BL's attorney where Brian Entin is? I mean seriously, SB was being a smart aleck. He's made sarcastic, joking comments before and I'm sure he will do so again. He thinks this entire situation is a joke. He's a disgusting individual. JMO

Stupid question... since FBI is likely following them... can they go into a FedEx and demand to see (and open, and possibly take) the package after the L's left? Cuz that's sure an interesting list of errands to run. My gut tells me today's errands would not have landed on their To Do list if they didn't have a son on the run. Do you think they FedEx'ed cash to BL, possibly along with other items?

Things that make ya go hmmm....
Maybe, I think FBI would need a warrant in order to open the FedEx box.
Yes, I think it's possible that Roberta Laundrie and Christopher Laundrie FedEx'd cash and possibly other items they purchased today at WalMart (Survival gear maybe? Granola bars? Flashlights? Winter outfits and gear since winter is approaching, a tent, etc.) to BL or someone else who would give them to BL. JMO

If BL's was the second phone on his moms ATT account, and he just left it at home without using it, maybe she was trying to get him off of her account...because the second phone fee is ten or twenty bucks a month? Or would she be stuck with that extra cost because of a contract? jmo

They were in Walmart for a hot minute right? They could have done a cashier’s check in Walmart. There’s a full money center in there - where… now that I think about it… you can also send money relatively undetected (Walmart to Walmart or money gram) but that’s a whole other conversation but interesting nonetheless haha!

Which got me to thinking...they could do this pretty much indefinitely without being caught, I'd think. By the time the FBI figured out where they sent the money, BL could have picked it up and vanished again.

Were B & G dating in 2017-18 when he worked with this person? Isn't that when she lived in NC? MOO

Possibly but have seen varying accounts. Most of the recent accounts say it wasn't til 2019 ( Her family said 2.5 years in all of the interviews eg
But Brian himself told the MOAB LE it was ' three years'

Another link says 2018 but doesn't narrow it down further

They took one of their longest breaks after Laundrie graduated in 2016. During this time, Petito finished high school.

They eventually got back together, though, and decided to skip college and build a different kind of life for themselves.

Petito and Laundrie rekindled an old friendship in 2018 while living on Long Island and "from then on they were madly in love," according to the friend

link is in the media thread here
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/wy-gabrielle-%E2%80%98gabby%E2%80%99-petito-22-grand-teton-national-park-8-25-21-media-maps-no-discussion.586401/page-2

I know opening anyone’s mail in England that isn’t your own is massively illegal, you’re not even allowed to open your spouses mail. So definitely I think they could send it. I can’t see the FBI showing up and opening it without some legal ramifications.
I do enjoy other people’s opinions and haven’t used ignore so far but I think today is the day unfortunately. MOO

Anything that arrives via US Postal Service is illegal to be opened by anyone other that the addressee. In fact, technically, even though you have to buy and mount the mailbox, it technically is the property of the USPS (probably so that it is also against the law to remove someone else’s mail). I would imagine that opening some other person’s packages that are delivered by UPS, Fedex, etc must also be against the law.

Which got me to thinking...they could do this pretty much indefinitely without being caught, I'd think. By the time the FBI figured out where they sent the money, BL could have picked it up and vanished again.
Correct. Which is kinda what I was thinking. Like money can be sent lots of ways as to not specifically show up on a bank statement - Walmart to Walmart, money gram, Venmo, etc. if he had a Venmo card, that would not even be thru a bank like he’d never have to transfer it to a bank or even risk being seen to go pick it up.

I could only read your part of the conversation previously because of the ignore feature :). I would imagine that the problem with a package is that if LE wants access to it, by the time a warrant goes into effect it could be too late to get to the contents before they are removed.
I don't know if the FBI could have immediately went into FedEx after they mailed their package and obtained the information as to whom and what address it was sent to. You never know where professional courtesies come into play. IMO.
I think I see the point what you're saying about the ignore feature (winky face, emoji doesn’t show up haha)
Very true, names and dates, I think that too, could they hold it without opening it and then obtain a warrant? I just find these ‘errands’ suspicious, when they’ve got a son who is a POI in a homicide, especially when you can get things delivered, use a banking app or online banking, maybe they’re going stir crazy cooped up in their home but I doubt me personally would risk leaving the house for fear of someone hurting me or worse. It’s just so strange to me and they must have a purpose for it. IMO

We don’t know the FBI has access to their bank records, they’re not suspected in a crime. If the FBI does have access to there records that’s a little suspect IMO. If they say I sent so and so to a friend what is illegal about that?
I think it’s best we move on I literally said suspicions heightened and it’s erupted. Think I’ll sit this one out. MOO
I think the parents might be under investigation for aiding and abetting their fugitive son which would be a crime. And perhaps the parents want the FBI to find their son so he won't hurt himself while on the run. I certainly would prefer to visit my son in prison rather than a cemetery. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa