Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dug into this question yesterday in this post and, based on all that timeline, their actions definitely seem to point BL's parents being quite well informed on the situation.

I 'd missed this, it's really helpful thanks & am just reading through it now.
Is that definitely true that the Se Soto campsite doesn't have service?

Were they trying to avoid being in an area with cell service so they would have an excuse for not answering the Petitos' calls?

IMO Gabby was so upset when LE stopped them for a couple reasons. In her own words they had been arguing and who knows what was said to her verbally and then the physical altercation ensued. Now they are dealing with the Police. I can see her fearing the wrath of BL. "Now look what YOU have done"

They’re bringing it all on themselves, all of them. Every single one of their actions aren’t normal-people-who-have-compassion-for-others behavior. They’re defensive, and likely due to the guilt behind those actions. MOO.

Well.i.can't think they are.living a normal.life!
I cant.even imagine!
Moo

Forensic psychiatry assessments or assessments in general cannot be done by looking at a <1 hour recording of someone being asked irrelevant questions. There is no where near enough information or history to ascertain if he would meet the diagnostic criteria for a condition under DSM-5 or ICD-11.

Antisocial Personality Disorder for example has the following diagnosis criteria:
Before performing a comprehensive psychiatric assessment of the patient, a careful history and physical examination is necessary. "The DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for Antisocial Personality Disorder

1. A pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others, since age 15 years, as indicated by three (or more) of the following:
    1. Failure to conform to social norms concerning lawful behaviors, such as performing acts that are grounds for arrest.
    2. Deceitfulness, repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for pleasure or personal profit.
    3. Impulsivity or failure to plan.
    4. Irritability and aggressiveness, often with physical fights or assaults.
    5. Reckless disregard for the safety of self or others.
    6. Consistent irresponsibility, failure to sustain consistent work behavior, or honor monetary obligations.
    7. Lack of remorse, being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another person.
  2. The individual is at least age 18 years.
  3. Evidence of conduct disorder typically with onset before age 15 years.
  4. The occurrence of antisocial behavior is not exclusively during schizophrenia or bipolar disorder."

Antisocial Personality Disorder - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf

That is not to say he does or doesn't have certain conditions.

JMO.

IMO Gabby was so upset when LE stopped them for a couple reasons. In her own words they had been arguing and who knows what was said to her verbally and then the physical altercation ensued. Now they are dealing with the Police. I can see her fearing the wrath of BL. "Now look what YOU have done"
I think you're spot on. I also think she knew she was going to get the wrath of the Laundrie family. It's apparent from everything that's happened that Brian has never been made accountable for his actions, IMO this was weighing heavily on Gabby's mind.

I think the blog was the cause of the fight!
She was upset about n the blog!
Moo

Correct. Which is kinda what I was thinking. Like money can be sent lots of ways as to not specifically show up on a bank statement - Walmart to Walmart, money gram, Venmo, etc. if he had a Venmo card, that would not even be thru a bank like he’d never have to transfer it to a bank or even risk being seen to go pick it up.
I'm not sure Venmo would work in this situation. The only thing you can do with $$ in your Venmo account is send it to other Venmo accounts or to a bank account. There's no way to cash out of it without going thru a bank account. You can't use it at stores either. And the parents would have to attach their Venmo account to their own bank account, which would obviously leave a trace. Unless they have a secret bank account themselves somewhere.

I guess the parents could Venmo to BL who could then Venmo it to a helper who could then Venmo it to their own bank account and cash out at the bank. But then that person would have to start all over again figuring out how to get the cash to BL, unless the helper is actually with him to directly hand him the cash.

I don't think Venmo or CashApp or the like would serve the purpose well in this situation.

It could have been just upset about being stopped by the police. Heck that would get me upset lol. However, I did notice a distinct difference in her behavior when the officer said something about a citation & separating them for the night. For some reason something was triggered. Idk what it was, but something that officer said in that moment sent her anxiety thru the roof. JMO. I wish we knew what that was :( poor girl.

If I am thinking about the same moment, the officer was telling her he was going to cite her and she would get a court date and she completely fell apart, "She said "I've gotta come back here?" and then she just fell apart and I couldn't understand anything else. The officer then told her that she could handle it online. To me she was falling apart about having to return for a court date. I can't imagine that she hated Moab. My first thought was that she was having a hard enough time with her youtube channel with the difficulties they were already having, coming back was just going to make it much harder. Her youtube channel was very much on her mind that day. She had just spent all day working on it and its almost the first thing she told the officer. Obviously there could be other reasons having to return to Moab could have upset her, though.

I think you're spot on. I also think she knew she was going to get the wrath of the Laundrie family. It's apparent from everything that's happened that Brian has never been made accountable for his actions, IMO this was weighing heavily on Gabby's mind.
Wrath of the.Laundrie family?

Thank you so much for this. We should be taught this stuff in grade school!

MOO
I think Brian's guilty as heck, but I don't know that the micro-whatevers and body language reading is telling to what someone is really thinking, saying, etc. and it could be harmful to think so. (Or if it could be brought up in Brian's trial if there is one.)

(I say this because of my own personal experience and from working in the mental health field for 25 years.)

I'm not sure how the courts would look at this in Brian's case or other cases. Experts and average Joes don't consider how much mental health issues affect body language and facial expressions. And lie detectors. And handwriting.

Maybe in Brian's possible trial, experts might show that mental health conditions, or even a momentary mood, throw all that stuff out the window.

So BL's parents are being tortured all while they have no idea if their son is alive or not. Funny how that works. BL needs to end his parents torture. BL come out, come out where ever you are.

It's a normal list of normal errands. Thousands of people are running similar errands this very moment.
People seriously still go to the bank? As in get out of the car, go in the door, and let the teller do his/her thing, and come back out with a bunch of cash? Like actual bills? IMO this is very abnormal. I find it very red-flaggy. :confused:

People seriously still go to the bank? As in get out of the car, go in the door, and let the teller do his/her thing, and come back out with a bunch of cash? Like actual bills? IMO this is very abnormal. I find it very red-flaggy. :confused:

It's declining, but it's still not unusual.. Paticularly amongst the older generations who grew up in an age without the internet and while ATM's were still not common.

Really? Why? I've never heard this. I do this myself occasionally as does my mom. I don't know about others. I only know because I drive mom.
(And there are always lines at the bank.)

Yes. People go to the bank. That's why there are bank branches all over, full of customers and employees. There is nothing abnormal about it.

We do not know, nor has anyone claimed, that they walked out with "bunches of cash." For all we know, they deposited cash.

Especially in today's world when most people are staying out of public places as much as possible.

So this is a speculation I have not read here yet. What if Gabby was worried about Brian being away from her during one of his “episodes”. Not as a fear of repercussions for her, but genuinely worried about his mental health. If it was possible that she did phone RL, it may have been for advice or just to warn her that BL was out of control and that she was going to be away from him, and was worried that he would have more of a melt down. I am not sold into this, but I just thought it might be worth a mention. I don’t see their relationship as a classic abuser/abused, more like a person who is not rational, can be abusive, perhaps manic at times. If that was the case, she may have been worried about him being on his own during a crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member