Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m glad they’re having a press conference. I was someone who really didn’t think he was in the reserve (& press conference hasn’t happened yet so it’s not confirmed it is him). However, if it is him, I think it would have been recent. That area has been so thoroughly searched. They said that “after a brief search” this morning they found those articles. It didn’t take them long to find something & the dogs hit. Plus I truly truly do not think that if LE thought they had any more searching to do, I do not think they would have opened that park to the public. That is asking for contamination if someone finds something. They even kept it closed before while they were waiting for waters to recede. I have to think that LE knew they thoroughly searched the part of the park they opened up. It just doesn’t make any sense to me otherwise. But I’m open to anyone helping me make it make sense. All JMO. :) either way this is very tragic. If this is him & if the L family truly knew nothing, I still resent them for their behavior, but I feel really horrible for them and for Gabby’s family. They would have lost their son, & Gabby’s family would have lost their daughter and some of their answers. :( again…all JMO.

I’m not that theory-oriented but is it possible that the Laundries somehow knew where BL was? A note or they knew his plans or where he always went? And, per the attorney, they feel tortured so they decided to end all the speculation? Maybe they got errands done yesterday in case things got worse with the announcement of finding him? Then they think the protesters will go home at this point? I don’t know how they would know where to find him, I’m just trying to make the coincidences make sense in my head and speculating. The timing is so odd, but that doesn’t always mean suspicious. JMO.

The only reason the FBI would focus on that park for so long is if they had a suicide note.
RSBM to say imo that isn't anywhere near the only reason the FBI would still be looking for him. If BL is a murderer--which I believe--then that means a murderer is on the loose. I'm not worried about BL seeing my comments. Gabby will never see anything again.

Or possibly he was in as much pain as her family is. Imagine having an argument with the woman that you loved and planned to marry, that ends up in her death--at your own hands? I am not of the opinion that he planned to end her life, and if he did accidentally kill her, I could see that he would not be any happier with himself than anyone else is. It would be an unbearable pain. If he has been found, and they determine suicide as COD, I think everyone has all the answers they need. Those close to Gabby have a lot more insight as to what was going on with Brian and Gabby in the weeks before her death, and I'm sure they either are being given ,or will be given, information from the FBI investigation to fill in the cracks
First of all he didn't "accidentally kill her". He wasn't trying to strangle someone else and she got in the way. The fact that he went on with his life, drove back home, went camping with his family.... etc does not indicate that he was was in "unbearable pain". If he was wracked by guilt, he would have confessed and told GPs family where her body was. IMO

I agree. If you're going to kill yourself you don't bring a dry bag to protect your belongings.

I believe BL had a dry bag that he often used. If he took a gun or a bottle of pills with him, it would probably be normal to grab the bag you're most likely. to use (you can see it in some of his pictures). Maybe he wanted to do some thinking and have a last meal or light a candle. Who knows?

I heard it, but I also heard the parents. I'm inclined to believe Gabby's family. It serves them no purpose to lie about the time they initiated contact with the Laundries.
Except that the family was later specifically requested to hold back information. We know this from NS comments on the later "No service in Yosemite" text questions after she had previously discussed that text. MOO

I have been struck by how disjointed the WFLA live coverage has been. I'm guessing it's because they are having to fill air time with live conversation when we really dont know much and they havent really prepared to do that. The other announcer with JB has several times said he can't remember a detail but he thinks it was at such and such time. I dont really think he should say anything unless he's got the facts in front of him, but I can see why he's improvising. IMO
Their reporting was really annoying me. They were rehashing stuff and getting the finer details (which they have previously reported on) incorrect. I have switched to the whiny woman on Fox ;)

Last edited:
WFLA reported that the parents called LE last evening and told them that they wanted to go to the area, where the current activity is taking place, and that they wanted to search it. That makes me think that they had been in some sort of communication with BL and that communication stopped.
Also, WFLA reported that RL is at home and appears to be "dressed up." That's different from what we have seen previously. IMO.
This is so odd! JMO

Absolutely no chance these are some kind of animal bones?
I think there is a chance they could be from an animal.

I once found several rib bones while hiking. I called the police and met them and we hiked out to the spot. Turns out it was an animal's rib bones but it took them awhile to figure it out.

Can someone post a link to where the FBI press conference will be streaming?

Did you listen to the former FBI agent?

Former FBI agent on Fox thinks the parents have probably been in contact with Brian all along and were able to take LE to the spot today after they haven’t heard from him in a while
I really truly hope that's not the case. They'll never forgive themselves for not getting him real help...if in fact he killed himself very recently. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard