Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

MEDIA, MAPS thread *NO DISCUSSION*

TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Case Players and Initials Reference List

Kick Back and Unwind - Off Topic Side Chat

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58
Thread #59 Thread #60
Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63
Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68
Thread #69 Thread #70

Last edited by a moderator:
Wherever CL(father) found something, he was standing in water. If you look at his pants they are soaking wet up to 8 - 12 inches at the bottom. So I think the reason whatever was found today was because of the water receding.

So to recap since I am finally off calls:

-Parents came and were emotional.
-Confirmed cadaver dogs.
-TWO mobile command units.
-"Items" of BL's found.
-ME on site.
-White tent is up.

I think we'll all be surprised if this ISN'T BL being found dead.

From what I have read and heard LE met with the Laundries when they got to the woods so im sure they didn't plant anything there, I just hope this is all coincedense and its not Brian but I don't hold out much hope now.

I'm curious at to what other articles were found besides the dry bag. With the flooding a dry bag can move pretty easily. I too feel bad for the parents as well. Not only that but being the one to potentially discover the items.

Makes me despise the protestors even more.

As of this writing, it has not been confirmed that a body has been found.

WFLA's JB Biunno has clarified that he initially misspoke and that the items that were found weren't necessarily clothing.

I hope that mainstream media will clarify the correct order (and details) of the following events:
  • The Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park is reopened.
  • BL's parents go to the park, meet with LE (Did they choose to go there, as SB said, or were they called there by LE?)
  • Items reportedly belonging to BL are found. (Who found them?)
JMO

Last edited:
Let's say that BL is found dead. Two questions:
  • Will we get a full report about what the FBI thinks happened to Gabby?
  • If BL killed Gabby and subsequently died, does that mean he wasn't responsible for killing Gabby?
ETA: Just to clarify, yes, my second question is rhetorical.

JMO

Last edited:

WFLA's JB Biunno has clarified that he initially misspoke and that the items that were found weren't necessarily clothing.

I hope that mainstream media will clarify the correct order (and details) of the following events:
  • BL's parents go to the park, meet with LE
JMO
Looked like a roll top food bag in the photos I saw, not clothing.

I know that this doesn’t give Gabby's family (or us really) answers, but this can at least come to an end of this is that coward. Her family won’t have to sit through a trial and relive what happened. And I don’t feel bad for his parents.. their silence to me has shown guilt. I would’ve been screaming from every roof top to find my son.

• BL's parents go to the park, meet with LE
JMO

Per Fox News, "The Laundries later discovered a white bag and a dark-colored object after traveling through a patch of brambles at the edge of the brush at a clearing. They then could be seen putting the object into the bag and handing it over to the law enforcement officer shortly thereafter, who later took it from them."

Brian Laundrie search: Coroner arrives at Florida park after fugitive's items found

• If BL killed Gabby and subsequently died, does that mean he wasn't responsible for killing Gabby?
JMO
I'm not sure I understand your second point. How does BL's status of living or dead have anything to do with his responsibility in whether or not he killed GP?

If he did it, he did it. He's responsible. MOO.

JMO
Just because somebody is dead now doesn't mean they didn't kill someone before they were dead obviously.
I would be surprised if we ever learn much more about what happened to Gabby. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong