Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
No indictment on the docket. Can you imagine if your GP's family if this turns out to be BL and there was never even a statement of record that he murdered
Interesting that once the water receded the police didn't think to being in the cadaver dogs again. I'm more than a bit puzzled by that. Didn't this park open back up to the public last week? Welcome public! JMOO
I thought they did. Could be wrong but I thought I saw on the news pictures of them returning to the Reserve after water receded with a cadaver dog. MOO

So after weeks of searches by the FBI and local LE, god knows at what cost, and the 'rents find his stuff in like 10 minutes a short distance from where his car was abandoned. I'm thinking there are gonna be some "meetings" :D

I too am confused about how professionals missed his articles of clothing (belongings).
Trained FBI & LE agents all missed it? I'm curious how it's possible.

disagree on this one. Ever since i got one i keep it in my hiking bag - especially if i go somewhere wet. Takes one slip, one unexpected downpour (hello Florida) or one stupid place to put it down to ruin electronic devices, wallet, etc.
Would you take it if you were planning on committing suicide? I wouldn't.
I also see your point on the day hike thing, difference between mountain and swamp hikes. I don't do swamps. :)

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Just because something is possible does not mean all cadaver dogs are trained equally, nor are all police agencies as thorough as others.

If this turns out to be Brian, the people in Sarasota and Pasco counties should be pretty worried about the search capabilities of those sheriff departments because they did most of the searching. The last time I can recall something found so close to where the search began was when they found Caylee Anthony about a block and a half from her home. Embarrassing, water or not.
The dogs don't always find what LE is looking for.
They are wonderful and do amazing work but they aren't perfect.
jmho

ETA "aren't perfect"

Enlarged/clipped Photo from WTSP.com. Showing BL carrying something early (no beard) during the ill-fated trip, I believe. The nose of the van is in the original picture too, this was cropped. The rectangular item is of interest to me, similar (IMOO) to the item in the bag found today. MOO. Just looking around, trying to piece together what is what. I guess we will all know soon enough, though. TY.

Both of those look like 12V battery chargers to me. One of the type that plugs into a wall outlet, and the other of the type that holds its own charge.

Outdoor product dry bag

Valuables Dry Bag

That one looks really close but his seems to have more of a horizontal stripe than a crosshatch print. Do you see any with a more horizontal tonal stripe on them?

Would not be surprised if it’s the same manufacturer and/or factory.

ETA I don’t know why I’m so focused on finding this dang bag now. I guess it’s giving me something to do while we wait for more news.

Attachments

• 31C3CE45-7B99-4A04-B7E7-8B71A39DE2A8.jpeg
    31C3CE45-7B99-4A04-B7E7-8B71A39DE2A8.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 92
I do wonder if he left a suicide note behind. With his phone. Thats why LE were called, they didnt look in his room until he was gone a day or two and why LE where adamant to continue searching. They knew all along . Just a thought

The entire situation is suspicious. The L's ran a bunch of errands yesterday, the most since their son disappeared, as if they knew they weren't going to be out in public for a while. The area where the belongings/remains were found today, opened to the public yesterday. Yet the parents did not go yesterday but instead called LE last night and told them of their intent to search this morning. Then after searching for a short period of time, the parents find his belongings. The area may have been under water but if cadaver dogs were used in the previous searches, they could have easily picked up the scent of remains underwater. Whatever was going on, his parents basically went straight to where the items/remains were found as if they knew where he would be located. IF they knew, they should have informed LE asap. If he's been deceased for a while, that means they knew where he was for a while. Something is off for sure. IMO.

I agree. I can't help feeling this is some sort of a sting operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike