Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont understand what it matters if the officer was there when they picked it up or not.

They could have brought it with them or at the very least found it in a totally different area than where they told LE it was found. It's never a good thing for someone outside of LE to handle evidence. I would also bet they knew better. I'm sure that when CL "helped" LE search he was told to not touch anything if it could be possible evidence. IMO.

I see what you're seeing. But...LE would not place remains on a table like that out in the field. The remains would be left in situ for hours before being moved or bagged.

Also, that image resembles a fresh body and not what would be described as "human remains". imo
Also, IMO, respect would be shown and a large part of a body like that would be covered. Not just open to view of anyone walking by or flying overhead.

Not good. Maybe it's because this whole case has been a circus but something tells me this is far from over. IMO

Is this the 2nd murderer theory? If he's dead and she's dead. And no one was aiding and abetting his escape? What's left other than the potential civil suit for exercising someone's constitutional rights?

I just do not understand the prose and flowery paragraphs people are writing about the Laundries, when Gabby is the victim and should be the focus. The Laundries had awhile to do the right thing and speak to the Petitos, and could possibly have saved their own kid but chose not to

The Laundries were probably told by their lawyer not to talk to anyone. So that was the "right thing" in their minds. They took the advice of a professional lawyer and I'm just not going to fault them for that. They are innocent victims in all of this and have now lost a son.

i dont understand what it matters if the officer was there when they picked it up or not.

I don't have the expertise to know if it truly matters or not. However, I would think you would want to mark that spot so a thorough search could be completed in that area.I would think one person would stay there while the other went and brought law enforcement back to that exact spot where items were located.

He most definitely did not buy a gun. Buying a gun with her debit card means leaving a paper trail. If he did the FBI would say he is armed and dangerous. JMO
the only way he could have bought a gun is with cash and an unregistered gun

They said BL may be armed or “don’t know” if he is armed. Regardless, when the SWAT team raided the BL look-alike he said that SWAT had riot shields and pointed A LOT of guns in his face! “Armed and Dangerous” is usually for known violent offenders. Any fugitive can be dangerous.

-Would explain the high amount spent in a short period of time.
-Would explain the outing/camping with family before he disappeared.
-Saw his nephews.
-Would explain why he went home in Gabby's van at all.
-Several one last time moments.
How would him buying a gun with her card explain any of the above? Genuinely curious.
(FWIW I do not believe he bought a gun with her card.)

Last edited:
After today's discovery, I'm wondering how much the Laundries did cooperate with LE. I thought BL was on the Appellation Trail and couldn't understand why all the focus and money was spent on the searches at the Reserve. Now, I suspect the Laundries were honest about where BL went and kept insisting to LE that he was there so they kept on with the search.

I can think of several stories BL could have spun to get his parents to stay silent. I can also think of several things he could have said to get them to not take calls from GP's parents. Until the FBI names them as part of any investigation, I'm holding out judgement on them until remains are identified and time of death is given.
Exactly. Let’s wait for the evidence.

The “notebook”….if it was a tablet, not a paper notebook, this may have been how the parents and BL were ‘talking’. He supposedly left his phone at home and had no way to contact his parents. His parents may have been able to use the ‘tablet’ not only to talk to BL but to find his last location….that is why they were so insistent BL being in that location. Jmoo

this may have been mentioned already, but the thread is flying on fast speed….hard to keep up..
Very good point that it could be a computer 'notebook' and not a paper one. Even if paper, and soaked, I'm thinking they will still be able to read most all the pages. Unless he used an ink that doesn't get along with water. I don't remember the ink type, I've just run across it and noticed what happened when it got wet. You can kiss the text goodbye. But also, if he's a heavy writer, they might be able to read the indentations the pen tip made against the paper if the ink is gone. They have ways to do a lot of cool things.

He most definitely did not buy a gun. Buying a gun with her debit card means leaving a paper trail. If he did the FBI would say he is armed and dangerous. JMO
the only way he could have bought a gun is with cash and an unregistered gun
And who is to say he didn't get money off the card and buy one from someone illegally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500