Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

MEDIA, MAPS thread *NO DISCUSSION*

TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Case Players and Initials Reference List

Kick Back and Unwind - Off Topic Side Chat

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread is Open:

Please acknowledge before proceeding

Emotions and frustration are running rampant in the thread and taking it out on others is not permitted. If you need a break, take a break. Continuing to engage in this fashion is not moving the conversation forward.

Of Note:
-Move on from bickering
-Let go of the domestic violence debates
-Stop bringing in mental health

Tip: When you feel most compelled to hit "post" after quickly whipping up that response, see it as a sign you need to step back and re-read what you have written before clicking that button!

Please continue here…

*REMINDER: WS Volunteer Admins and Mods are not online 24/7. We may need some time to clean up posts against TOS* AND when there are pages of them it may require closing the thread.

Have a great day everyone!

I don't know how to pull a post over from another thread, but to the one who replied to me about the burner phone. They didn't do anything, we just purchased the phone. ATT didn't do anything for it other than ring it up. WE took it home and activated it.

I don't know how to pull a post over from another thread, but to the one who replied to me about the burner phone. They didn't do anything, we just purchased the phone. ATT didn't do anything for it other than ring it up. WE took it home and activated it.
Yes, which means it is not a burner phone. You paid for it with your credit card.debit card even with cash, using your name and seen buying it on the surveillance camera

I was thanking you for posting that information and got caught in the door of the other thread closing: Thank you. Now I don't feel stupid for having posted that. I corrected my original post. I strongly feel that his parents were actively covering up his involvement in Gabby's death.

FBI confirms remains are those of Brian Laundrie. ID made by dental records.
Brian Laundrie remains confirmed by FBI

I'm shocked they were able to ID him so quickly.
There is good and bad in knowing it's him and that he's gone. It will end the pain of some people and cause more pain for others. Now we know we really will never know what happened in Wyoming. We will never know a lot of things about this case. The details have died with both of them. It's just incomprehensible to me how two young happy-looking people can go on a camping trip and two months later they are both dead. It just doesn't make sense.

There is just so much we don't know. I hope the survivors of this, whatever "this" was, can find some peace eventually. At least there won't be a long drawn out pain-inducing trial.

And I hope the "protestors" finally go home. JMO

From prior thread-
I was thinking maybe he did this near the water knowing how the water rises possibly after going to the park so often. If he knew a place that would conceal his body maybe he went there, did whatever he did and the rising water came after. Just thinking as we go…
But why would he want his body concealed, is (one of my) question? It seems reasonable not to want to be on display, but knowing that there was or would soon be a manhunt, I guess I'd expect him/someone in his position who'd decided to kill himself to want to be pretty easily found - ie not actually in/under swamp water. o_O

I’ve tried to find that photo of Brian with his green notebook, but can’t find it.

I was going to compare it to a “Rite in the Rain” notebook. I have several and you really can write in the notebook with most anything and even if it gets wet, the ink or pencil doesn’t wash away.

I sure do hope that Brian was using a notebook like this.

From prior thread-

But why would he want his body concealed, is (one of my) question? It seems reasonable not to want to be on display, but knowing that there was or would soon be a manhunt, I guess I'd expect him/someone in his position who'd decided to kill himself to want to be pretty easily found - ie not actually in/under swamp water. o_O
Just like Gabby, he needed to be found. <modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member