Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Status
Not open for further replies.
FBI has not said whether there are any witnesses to Petito's killing or its immediate aftermath. One piece of evidence is Laundrie's use of a debit card that didn't belong to him after Petito was listed as missing.

“That would be circumstantial evidence that points to him,” said Alfredo Garcia, former dean at the St. Thomas University College of Law in Miami Gardens and a one-time Miami prosecutor. “It's a difficult proposition to establish but not impossible.”

The DNA matching effort and any use of fingerprints would be complicated by the fact that the couple were romantically involved and lived together in close quarters. But forensic experts have many techniques to solve crimes despite such obstacles.

“Reconstruction experts can do amazing things, so I would not be surprised if at some point we got a definitive, or near-definitive, conclusion that Laundrie was the killer,” said Bob Jarvis, a law professor at Florida's Nova Southeastern University.

Prosecutors could look into obstruction of justice charges against the parents if they hid their son, but it would not be an easy case to prove, legal experts said. Petito's body hadn't yet been found during the time he was home.

“That’s a steep hill to climb,” Garcia said. “How can you establish they knew he committed the crime? Did they intentionally help him avoid detection and arrest? You have to establish knowledge and intent.”
EXPLAINER: Where does Gabby Petito slaying probe go next?

It seemed like Banfield just wanted to know if SB was on conference call with the L family, and if so, those conference calls are not attorney client privilege?

Did she just set SB up for a visit from the FBI due to the info he revealed?

If so, my guess is, he will not be doing anymore interviews?

SB seemed quite angry about how that interview went. moo.
Just watched Asleigh's live tweet and she said they are on good terms and he's coming back mon or tues!

So who is the mystery family member or "household" member who SB is all mad at for the meeting on Friday? The day they finally reported their grieving, upset only son was gone?

sB said it wasn't Cassie. Nor the parents.

So who is the mystery family member or "household" member who SB is all mad at for the meeting on Friday? The day they finally reported their grieving, upset only son was gone?

sB said it wasn't Cassie.
That is a good question. I'd figure it would've been CaL but since SB said no; I've no idea what to think. Although it's also possible that SB could be lying about CaL not being the one.
MOO

.Editor's note: This video has been edited to eliminate space in between questions. "The first time that the North Port Police Department was informed that Brian was missing was on that Friday, the 17th. I was in the room when the phone call came in, and it just takes your breath away," Josh Taylor, a spokesperson for the department said. ...

That is a good question. I'd figure it would've been CaL but since SB said no; I've no idea what to think. Although it's also possible that SB could be lying about CaL not being the one.
MOO
He listed the ppl who were in the house, there were no extra household members named by him, so presumably it was done by phone...someone apparently called LE to set up the meeting, bypassing the lawyer?

So the lawyer and the parents didn't even want it to get out that friday that he was gone, looks like. So, someone who cared about Brian set up the meeting to disclose it. Imo

I wonder how long the parents and lawyer would have waited.

Rangers in northwestern Wyoming’s Grand Teton National Park have resumed using body-worn video cameras after a three-year hiatus.

Grand Teton rangers stopped using the cameras in 2018 amid problems with aging equipment and being able to store data, park officials said in a statement.

Only commissioned law enforcement rangers will use body-worn cameras and only while gathering information during enforcement of laws. Cameras won’t be turned on during other conversations with park visitors, such as when rangers are sharing information, park officials said.

In nearby Yellowstone National Park, 90% of commissioned law enforcement rangers, including all field staff, already wear body cameras, according to Yellowstone officials. Yellowstone law enforcement ranger supervisors will be issued cameras in coming weeks.
Grand Teton rangers resume use of body video cameras

So the lawyer and the parents didn't even want it to get out that friday that he was gone, looks like. So, someone who cared about Brian set up the meeting to disclose it. Imo

I wonder how long the parents and lawyer would have waited.

i got that impression as well...he seemed angered that this "household member" (an odd description) had brought about an actual missing person report...moo

Rangers in northwestern Wyoming’s Grand Teton National Park have resumed using body-worn video cameras after a three-year hiatus.

Grand Teton rangers stopped using the cameras in 2018 amid problems with aging equipment and being able to store data, park officials said in a statement.

Only commissioned law enforcement rangers will use body-worn cameras and only while gathering information during enforcement of laws. Cameras won’t be turned on during other conversations with park visitors, such as when rangers are sharing information, park officials said.

In nearby Yellowstone National Park, 90% of commissioned law enforcement rangers, including all field staff, already wear body cameras, according to Yellowstone officials. Yellowstone law enforcement ranger supervisors will be issued cameras in coming weeks.
Grand Teton rangers resume use of body video cameras
This article is recent. If the Rangers just resumed using body cams why did the Rangers have body cams last August? I'm confused with this.

That's a possibility.
i hadn't thought of. Wonder what he could've done to anger SB though
Sounded to me like SB was really mad that there was any meeting at all that Friday, to disclose bl's absence. Imo SB wanted to slide thru it all by saying he passed responsibility on to the FBI, and wanted to cut the !ocal cops out. Someone in the family went around SB. Wow, getting interesting. They had no idea of reporting BL as being missing, even though they said he was grieving, very upset, in a bad place. Imo

Just watched Asleigh's live tweet and she said they are on good terms and he's coming back mon or tues!

Ashleigh may have to rethink that interview. :D I doubt SB will still be the Laundrie’s attorney by Monday or Tuesday! Not if they have any sense at all. This guy is a piece of work, shooting his mouth off, and has done them no favors since they hired him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600