Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone file a missing person report or does it have to be family, a close friend, or an employer?

I think anyone who is concerned about a person that they can't locate and find it out of character for that person to not be in contact with someone, they would be qualified to file a missing person report. IMO Family/Friends/Coworker's would be a qualifying source to file.

So, it looks like he walked down to the creek, pretty much IMO.

The distance from his remains and the Slough Canal is approx. 430 feet.
As well as fairly continuous rainfall, I'm guessing the water level in the canal (to the east) rose to also flood the area.
I don't see him walking into water at the time of death.
I think the water level rose after he died. imo

SB appears to have used "household" to mean "in the house.". He stated that Cal wasn't there, and that the people there were himself, the L parents, 2 NPPD folks and an (I think one, could have been more) FBI agent. And that neither he nor the L parents filed a formal MP report.
I am on the other side of the fence from most everyone, looks like. After SB referred to a Laundrie family household member, Banfield immediately jumped to the same conclusion I did, when she said Cassie? I just can't see a lawyer referring to LE as "household members". SB at first hunted a little for the word "household", I think he was doing that to indicate family without saying more than a Laundrie family household member.

IMO

I think anyone who is concerned about a person that they can't locate and find it out of character for that person to not be in contact with someone, they would be qualified to file a missing person report. IMO Family/Friends/Coworker's would be a qualifying source to file.

Thank you, that makes the most logical sense.

That's the thing. If they are so grief stricken now, how could they not have been for the last month, esp since they were panic stricken (according to SB) as soon as he left/as soon as they realized he'd left his phone and wallet. The demeanor just doesnt fit. IMO
I think that they suspected that he had killed himself, but the confirmation of his death is so final, that it's a blow. And a relief from worry at the same time. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313