Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they knew right away it wasn't a homicide. Just like they knew immediately that Gabby's death was a homicide. The evidence is likely in the bones - which is why they are now transferring the case to a forensic anthropologist.

If cause of death is homicide, we can wonder about the water bottle (which appears to have belonged to him or Gabby - not someone else, so is of little use in a homicide investigation).
How could anyone look at bones while out at the reserve and determine a cause of death not to be homicide? I’m just curious. If there’s a gunshot wound, how could they determine if it was self-inflicted or inflicted by another person? Idk but I personally hope that all evidence in murder/death cases is collected and all evidence is weighed. I find it problematic that people are suggesting that LE “knew” what happened so they didn’t need to be thorough and collect the rest of the evidence that exists. That’s pretty bad optics for LE if that’s what happened. JMO.

Thank you for all this work you have put together, you have done us a great service. But I am confuzzled a bit. Couple of questions. First, what do you think the charges the L’s were potentially facing? From what I have read here (it may be wrong) aiding and abetting type charges would depend on BL being successfully prosecuted. Obstruction charges maybe? I just don’t see the FBI going after parents all that frequently unless they were directly involved in the crime. Also, you have made mention several times that this agreement now means that no one would be held accountable. With BL being dead, was there really any likelihood that the parents would have faced any legal jeopardy since with his death that means there will be no prosecution for her murder at all?
Now, for one last thing.. if part of this agreement was to provide the Petitos all the info that they possessed, wouldn’t it be in the L’s best interest that we all know about this arrangement? I mean it makes me feel a little better that they cooperated, I would imagine it would make others be a little less angry with them.

I answered these in prior posts. Pls remember this is opinion only. Obstruction. Evidence tampering. Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

I could not figure out why they weren't trying to roll them. (It was infuriating, actually. Never, ever did I think they'd give the parents a deal. BL, yes if they couldn't locate Gabby. Parents for Brian, though? No.). Now we may know why. One of them (either Gov't or SB) may have went to the other as soon as word of the first indictment came down and GP was found. MOO

I think the potential finding of the water bottle has received so much attention because it leads people to wonder what else might have been left behind. Not so much that the bottle itself has forensic value, but it opens the possibility that something of value could have escaped their search as did this bottle. MOO

I think the potential finding of the water bottle has received so much attention because it leads people to wonder what else might have been left behind. Not so much that the bottle itself has forensic value, but it opens the possibility that something of value could have escaped their search as did this bottle. MOO
That is certainly MY reaction to it. MOO

I think they knew right away it wasn't a homicide. Just like they knew immediately that Gabby's death was a homicide. The evidence is likely in the bones - which is why they are now transferring the case to a forensic anthropologist.

If cause of death is homicide, we can wonder about the water bottle (which appears to have belonged to him or Gabby - not someone else, so is of little use in a homicide investigation).

Did I miss someone say they think Brian's death was a homicide? Who would think this? Edit: Are you thinking calling it a crime scene equates to me thinking his death was a homicide? If so, no. My point was there was a crime - he was an active fugitive. The parents should not have been touching evidence or removing it from its location b4 photographed.

I think there's a good chance the water bottle was planted by someone. If it wasn't, the fact that they didn't collect it is a very bad look. IMO.

MOO

And they can't argue that it wasn't a crime scene, since they don't know how he died. Hypothetically, stuff around there could have belonged to his killer. HYPOTHETICALLY! jmo

I would imagine they are also supposed to bag and tag anything found within a perimeter of human remains discovered by LE. They didn't know for sure whose remains they were or how they died. Evidence in the area could be crucial. IMO.

Michael Ruiz
@mikerreports

Statement from NPPD spokesman Josh Taylor: “As far as I know, nothing related to this case has been found. Bunch of false reports. However, this is an fbi led investigation and they should speak to anything such as that located. They may know more.”

bbm
Taylor in this statement says that the investigation is led by the FBI, not that NPPD is no longer involved.
But then, an hour later:
[URL='https://twitter.com/mikerreports']Michael Ruiz

@mikerreports[/URL]
Update from Taylor: “Earlier today I was told there were some reports that turned out to be nothing. If something was found after that, I don't know. Again, the question about possible materials found should be directed to the fbi as it is their case.”

jmho

How could anyone look at bones while out at the reserve and determine a cause of death not to be homicide? I’m just curious. If there’s a gunshot wound, how could they determine if it was self-inflicted or inflicted by another person? Idk but I personally hope that all evidence in murder/death cases is collected and all evidence is weighed. I find it problematic that people are suggesting that LE “knew” what happened so they didn’t need to be thorough and collect the rest of the evidence that exists. That’s pretty bad optics for LE if that’s what happened. JMO.

It could be difficult to tell - but a gun needs to be found to figure it out, basically. Guns don't leave a crime scene on their own. Neither do knives or razors.

So, if nothing was found nearby, they have a different situation on their hands. LE doesn't seem to think there's a Brian-murderer at large near Carlton Preserve - but if there were, I would think it would be someone who wanted vengeance for Gabby, not an ordinary hiker.

Self inflicted gunshot wounds are usually at certain angles and in certain places. Usually, there's just one shot (there are exceptions). The bullets themselves should have DNA on them.

I still don't see how a water bottle is all that useful - <modsnip> If there were drugs in the bottle that were used in the suicide, I do think they should be able to tell that from the marrow chambers (although if only BL's DNA was on the bottle and there was some drug inside, that would be useful). Seems to me that LE thinks some other CoD is upcoming (such as it was obvious the top of his head was blown off...)

We await news on whether they found a gun - that's crucial. And the forensic anthropologist should be able to give near certainty as to whether it was self-inflicted...

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched the original video with audio of the water bottle being found……IMO, it’s 1000% fake, and was planted. MOO

I totally agree after watching that. She just happened to walk right up to it in the very beginning of the video, and feigned surprise. I hope the FBI furthered her education on the possible repercussions of interfering with an investigation. MOO

I would imagine they are also supposed to bag and tag anything found within a perimeter of human remains discovered by LE. They didn't know for sure whose remains they were or how they died. Evidence in the area could be crucial. IMO.

Who is the "they" here? Because I believe the parents ID'd Brian via some person belongings known to be his. And it turned out they were right, with the next layer of evidence (teeth) showing the same. It's Brian.

Manner of Death...well, LE seems confident it will be determined...

It implies a shoddy search or a hoaxter, both are shameful. jmo

I thought it was earlier??? But it's really confusing, so I can't say when. jmo I thought 17th when Brian was finally reported to be missing, but when was he federally indicted? As I said, confusing...jmo
It was. But please delete this mods if it needs a Banfield link. This was posted so many times. The FBI was at the house on the 17th. SB admits he spoke with them on the 11th. He received a call from them Thursday 9/16 b4 the MP report telling him that they wanted to search the house for Brian Friday. Then later, for more bizarre reasons that never made sense to any of us bc we discussed them here, they made this announcement that the FBI was in charge. Could be just a matter of FBI assisting NPPD and then NPPD officially assisting FBI but that never made a lot sense bc as we all know, GP was found in Wyoming on federal land. So this was always the Feds (at least from the point fwd that they found her) <-- And this could be the reason for the official "switch." Official switch only from date she was found. I think I just answered my own Q. MOO

I stand by my earlier posts regarding the trip back to Florida to "clean out a storage locker." Something about that time period makes all the difference in this case. Now with the parents immunity possibilities being discussed- I thought of something.
What if BL traveled back to Florida because he wanted to meet with an attorney (or his parents wanted him to meet with an attorney) regarding the Moab stop. Perhaps BL was fearful that if anything came of that stop legally, GP could use it as an example and go after him for multiple occurrences of violence at his hand. Perhaps he wanted to ask a lawyer what could happen. Perhaps the lawyer told him she could bring suit for whatever BL told him had happened in the past. There could have been other instances that GP caught on video or recorded herself. After the Moab stop she could have told BL she was finished with him and just wait until everyone sees what I have recorded/on video, etc. The attorney could have told BL depending on what she had as evidence, BL could be screwed. Which would have enraged BL and he would have stewed about it as he was travelling back to GP from the locker clean out. The day BL first spoke to an attorney could be prior to GP's death regarding the possible violence in their relationship. IMO.

Interesting, but I cannot imagine anyone (especially a 20-sonething of limited means) being so alarmed at a traffic stop that ended with "now you two kids take a night off and be nicer to each other, okay" that they would talk to a lawyer at all, much less fly across the country to meet with one live and in person, much less after we have all learned to live with minimal in-person meetings due to COVID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat