Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds to me like she says "I'm from Long Island"

of course she does.

She’s not from and has never been from California, which we know from months of discussion, to the point where I’m not even sure why we’re discussing this as an option, frankly.

YouTube captions are automatic, like by Dragon Dictate or similar, and not checked. It even says some variant of this when you click to turn them on.

I agree. Last night after reading posts about cost of the van, I wondered if the FBI will have the van crushed / destroy it or return it to GP parents. I would not want to think of anyone using it nor would I want to see it again. Unfortunately, the Murderabilia industry is alive and well. For that reason, I hope GP parents do sue BL estate for wrongful death so any future profits from his artwork would go to Gabby's Foundation. MOO.

FBI did hold an auction for Unabomber items and gave proceeds to victim fund. Maybe they do this with old evidence. MOO
Unabomber auction nets $190,000

It will be up to G’s parents since the van was in her (Gabby’s) name.

It seems to me that killing his fiancée would be enough to upset him. And now people were looking for her and the walls were closing in on him. BL is a coward and a bully. He did NOT want to talk to LE. Moo, IMO

Uh, yeah. BL left the love of his life, his fiancee, his bride to be, the girl of his dreams, yes he did, he left her. Flat out left her. No matter how I try and rationalize it, the fact for me remains, he left.

He literally put thousands of miles between himself, and the one he professed to love. Why would he do that?

So how will I be convinced that leaving her there, dead or alive, under any circumstances, is love? I guarantee you, it's not the love that I have learned over my 62 years. Not even close.

And now he too is dead. After running. After his great disappearance. After having gone home to mommy and daddy. Yeah, he didn't assist in helping his bride to be, he didn't come to her aid, he didn't contact LE and give them information that would be helpful to finding her, he didn't do any of those things.

And so I have to ask, why? Why did he not do those things that any man would surely do for anyone he truly loves? Why?

And why is he himself now dead?

This isn't a Perry Mason case. There is no conspiracy here. Nope. Not even close.

Peace out!

of course she does.

She’s not from and has never been from California, which we know from months of discussion, to the point where I’m not even sure why we’re discussing this as an option, frankly.

YouTube captions are automatic, like by Dragon Dictate or similar, and not checked. It even says some variant of this when you click to turn them on.

I agree!!

GP and BL were allegedly in a coffee shop for six hours prior to the Moab LE encounter. This was not the same as the stop at Merry Piglet's. IIRC, that was on August 27, the day that Gabby most likely died.
Thanks, @BetteDavisEyes, and @Skigirl, above, for setting me straight on this! All this stuff just runs together... :confused:

Wow - Thanks, @ShadyLady! ;)
I had not seen this -- the young woman interviewed was very forthcoming and careful, as I hope I would be in that situation, to tell what she saw and heard, and no more.
Can you imagine being that little place and watching & hearing that display of anger and venom from that ~man~?
And the poor hostess and waitperson? Whew, I might have ducked under the table, wimp that I yam. I definitely would have tipped the waitperson more than usual because she had to endure all of that. Oh, my. SMH.
That just may have been the trigger, as I have said before, if the incident was discussed between G & BL on the way "home."

yep, what sticks with me is him leaving and going back in multiple times. MOO

Last edited:
yep, what sticks with me is him leaving and going back in multiple times. MOO it shows building rage and unable to be able to control it.
I have to think that he has displayed that type of uncontrolled rage throughout his life. His family must have been aware of it, and had to deal with it for 23 years. I'm sure that they still loved their son, but I think that they were afraid of his rage so they have tiptoed around it and tried to divert him from it. jmo
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to think that he has displayed that type of uncontrolled rage throughout his life. His family must have been aware of it, and had to deal with it for 23 years. I'm sure that they still loved their son, but I think that they were afraid of his rage so they have tiptoed around it and tried to divert him from it. jmo
They let his rage be the boss.
Cady, I agree. And this is what makes me think that the parents must have had serious suspicions, whether they verbalized it or not, about their son coming home without Gabby but with her van. They knew their son.

Cady, I agree. And this is what makes me think that the parents must have had serious suspicions, whether they verbalized it or not, about their son coming home without Gabby but with her van. They knew their son.
Plus, he had just been home the week before. I wonder what he told them then. jmo
I wonder if they know what he did with Gabby's belongings, because reportedly, they are not at Laundries house to "save" on rental costs. jmo

Last edited:
Note: not placing blame on anyone. A person’s decision to end their life is their decision. No one can be blamed for their action.

Been thinking about why BL took the time to drive back to FL, only to allegedly take his own life. MOO, he returned to FL expecting parental support. I think, after Gabby’s parents started calling, his parents may have started asking him questions. Then, when her body was found, his parents had an aha moment. I think there could have been and argument, disagreement. Maybe his parents expressed disappointment and encouraged him to turn himself in. MOO, maybe this is when the enormity of his actions hit him, he leaves home, upset, and makes his decision. JMO/MOO
I agree, in the area where I think his parents started putting the puzzle together and saw through the lies or excuses. heck thats all that explains the parents reactions. I'd think he'd be more likely to kill himself at or near where GP was murdered. The drive home was he thought he had a shot at getting away with it IMO. Once the pressure was on he cracked enough for them to release there was some legal %#$@# about to go down.....He at some point disagreed with the path and took another.

Except he left home BEFORE her body was located.
Zero attempt to conceal/bury/anything.....Now BL starts hearing news about GP, then you hear the 'search' is on.
to quote a popular tik-tok......"It was at this moment, that he knew........he #$#$%d up". :)
1. Now the tale you told his parents in zero way ties with his narrative. oh crap what now....
2. The FBI is searching the area, aircraft, ground. Yep you know they're checking just off all roads and trails. Not to mention flyovers, etc....

Yea.....IMO it was at this moment that he knew.........

They let his rage be the boss.

Maybe. But he was nearly 24. If he was so rage-filled, why did that not show up in arrests or encounters with LE? I realize his juvie record may be sealed but he turned 18 a long time ago. Or why wasn't his rage spoken about by somebody now that he's in the news? The entire world wasn't tiptoeing around him. At most there seems to be one co-worker saying he got mad easily but that guy also thought he was a "weirdo" for doing yoga.
JMO

Maybe. But he was nearly 24. If he was so rage-filled, why did that not show up in arrests or encounters with LE? I realize his juvie record may be sealed but he turned 18 a long time ago. Or why wasn't his rage spoken about by somebody now that he's in the news? The entire world wasn't tiptoeing around him. At most there seems to be one co-worker saying he got mad easily but that guy also thought he was a "weirdo" for doing yoga.
JMO
I don't pretend to know, but I doubt that this was a new phenomenon. He was a loner so maybe not many people knew. jmo
I bet Cassie knows.

Last edited:
I think, after Gabby’s parents started calling, his parents may have started asking him questions. Then, when her body was found, his parents had an aha moment. I think there could have been and argument, disagreement. Maybe his parents expressed disappointment and encouraged him to turn himself in. MOO, maybe this is when the enormity of his actions hit him, he leaves home, upset, and makes his decision. JMO/MOO

I agree with this for the most part (I think the arguments began earlier). It fits with all the Laundrie phone calls to the local police before Gabby was reported missing. In my opinion, Brian's temper wasn't just reserved for Gabby and one or both parents called the police.

Last edited:
I've been thinking if Gabby and Brian's tent with supplies got stolen after the Moab accident. They were at the coffee shop for wifi and then had to fill up on water. Normal people would assume that every time they go into town for supplies they wont pack up their tent and leave it at the campsite. Since they got pulled over and he had to stay in the motel, we don't know where Gabby stayed. Let's assume she stayed inside the van in the motel parking lot. That means the tent was unattended. Do you think part of the reason why Brian had to go home was get another tent (instead of buying a new one) or any other more costly camping supplies that may have been stolen the night of the 12th?
BTW I re-watched the mom's first video pleading for Gabby to come home. She said they "gave her and Brian money for traveling since they're kids. "
This is inconsistent with what he dad told Dr. Phil. He said she had lots of money saved up and money was no issue.
Wouldn't it be cheaper than air fare to buy it where he was, rather than fly home? How would he carry all that on an airplane?

I agree with this for the most part (I think the arguments began earlier). It fits with all the Laundrie phone calls to the local police before Gabby was reported missing. In my opinion, Brian's temper wasn't just reserved for Gabby and one or both parents called the police.
One of the calls made to the Laundrie house on the 10th has been confirmed to involve Joe Petito. I highly doubt the Laundries were calling the police about their son being abusive toward them.

Police went to Laundrie home day before Gabby Petito reported missing (nypost.com)

Did anyone see this interview w/Cuomo? Was it today?

Gabby Petito update - 'Gator bones' found where Brian Laundrie's remains recovered after he 'posted pic of croc attack' (the-sun.com)
BRIAN’S FAMILY ‘MAY NEVER SPEAK’ ABOUT SON

Brian Laundrie’s parents may never tell their side of the story, Steven Bertolino said to CNN’s Chris Cuomo.

Cuomo asked the reason behind the family’s decision not to speak with authorities or Gabby Petito’s family.

“I can tell you the reason,” Bertolino said. “I told them not to.”

Cuomo then asked if the Laundries will “explain the situation” at a later date.

“It may come out in the future, it may not,” said Bertolino.

BL seemed to have more than a passing interest in things on the dark side. It’s interesting to reflect back on the cryptic messages he shared on Pinterest before Gabby’s death was declared a homicide.

A folder titled Things To Burn Off is filled with pictures of tattoos and cynical quotes. One tattoo read: 'Do not attempt resuscitation (DNAR)' in red ink surrounding a picture of a man performing CPR with a red 'X' through it. It also said, 'Doctor, I want to die dignifiedly'.

There was also an image of a woman with a tattoo across her back saying: 'I'm the hero of this story. I don't need to be saved.' The obscure quote leaves a lot to the imagination, including queries about whether he was trying to send a message.

A post titled The Opposite Of Lost, said: 'Don't try to find me. I have finally escaped my 'master's' wicked clutches' under an image of purple and pink clouds.

In a folder he called 'My Heart' he re-posted a photo of a pillow embroidered with the quote 'sorry for what I said while we were trying to park the camper'.

A post includes a line from the movie Fight Club that said: 'It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.'

Artwork designed by Sacha Strange read: 'She'll never find a sweet man like me. Let her go, let her go, God bless her, wherever she may be.'

But how prophetic is this:

You do it to yourself.JPG

Gabby Petito's stepfather creates stone cross memorial at exact site where daughter's body was found | Daily Mail Online

I checked the video and it isn't clear to me she says California ???

OP wrote:
"Officer Robbins: (18:00)
ITO. You guys both live in Florida, right? That’s where you guys come from?

Gabby Petito: (
18:03)
My license says Florida right now, but I’m from California."

Seeing this video again is bittersweet.

Rest in Peace, Gabby. You were so young and he was so volatile. Ying. Yang.

May there be judgment for your lethal strangulation. You must have been so very terrified when he would not let go and let you breathe as your life went slip sliding away.

jmoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member