Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1 Gunshot
#2 Overdose

Gunshot because in my opinion, <modsnip>. It would also explain the skull damage.

Overdose because I suspect he had a bottle of unused meds that he referred to on that police stop video. If that med was Prozac or similar type drug for anxiety, OD would be easy. Just sit under the bridge in the shade, drowsy & done. The water carries him away.

I know a lot of medications are prescribed off label, but for anxiety I would think Xanax is the most direct medication available for anxiety, easy overdose too if he had enough of them. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
This lines up with the warrant for the search of the van issued on 9/14 (Tuesday) @Nikynoo also posted it was issued at 7pm, but LE had possession of van since 9/11. Was there a warrant for them to remove the van from the house?

On the 10th GP’s father was at the Ls’ and there was no trace or word about her. However, the van was present. The van was towed on the 11th after a missing person report was filed by GP’s parents. LE was well within the law to tow the van without a warrant, as it was owned by GP. It’s a section of the law cited as Sarasota County Nonconsenual Towing Ordinance which may be applied on the basis that that an owner is unavailable, a vehicle is stolen, etc.
(Ord. No. 2006-008, § 3, 1-25-2006; Ord. No. 2007-089, § 3, 10-10-2007)

I just think that the thinking was if the owner is missing from New York, then her van is missing from NY as well. The van was impounded a few hours after she was declared missing from NY. That's why I wondered if there WAS a warrant for the impoundment, it may have originated from NY....although, I have no idea if a warrant was even needed. jmo....and faxed to North port PD?

I don't know if a warrant was needed for impounding the van since it was registered to her in FL; we now know there was one for searching it executed at the police station. Page 5 https://mobile.twitter.com/brianentin/status/1440096514789965828

But I thought saying GP was missing from NY was kind of a wink/wink thing to get somebody to start a search. FL couldn't do it, said search had to be started where she last was known to be. But nobody knew where that was exactly except "out west." So NY did it on the basis GP was expected to "return there."

Maybe they were moving. But that makes it even odder they left stuff in storage in FL if they didn't intend to live there again and had traveled to NY in June. And while the whole storage locker issue is murky, NS sure seemed to think all GP's "stuff" was still in FL.
JMO

My date on instagram shows as posted on 26th, strange - maybe because i'm in france it shows a different date?
She would have been in Central/Mountain Time, US, which I think would be around 7 hours earlier than your local time, so if she posted at 6:00 PM her local time, it would have been the next day for you.

I know a lot of medications are prescribed off label, but for anxiety I would think Xanax is the most direct medication available for anxiety, easy overdose too if he had enough of them. JMO

Prozac is prescribed for some anxiety disorders. I believe it's even approved for OCD and Panic Disorder. Obviously it's not an "as-needed" medication. But if someone needs anxiety meds on board all the time, any Xanax-type med is going to be awfully addictive.

I don't agree though that a Prozac OD would have been peaceful for BL as someone suggested it could be. Nausea, vomiting, seizures, headache, stiff muscles, spasming muscles, & high fever doesn't sound like an easy death, assuming death ensued.
JMO

Last edited:
Maybe she was happy to focus on her project without any distractions. We don't know her well enough to know what she would choose to do with her time.

She did say in a video clip, "Gabby Petito never goes outside." It seems that she was alluding to someone complaining that that she didn't go outside much or enough. Maybe she did like to stay inside...on her computer or working on her social media project.

Very ironic to be a indoors kind of person camping in a thimble van and spending most of the time outside! jmo

Prozac is prescribed for some anxiety disorders. I believe it's even approved for OCD and Panic Disorder. Obviously it's not an "as-needed" medication. But if someone needs anxiety meds on board all the time, any Xanax-type med is going to be awfully addictive.

I don't agree though that a Prozac OD would be peaceful as someone suggested it could be. Nausea, vomiting, seizures, headache, stiff muscles, spasming muscles, & high fever doesn't sound like an easy death, assuming death ensued.
JMO

I took xanax for many years and because I wanted to get off of it I weaned myself off of it. I guess I was physically addicted because it still hurt weaning off of it. But I also wasn't on a high dose of it and didn't use it everyday. I don't believe it should be prescribed to young people either but it seems like so many suffer from anxiety and pop them like chiclets. JMO

#1 Gunshot
#2 Overdose

Gunshot because in my opinion, <modsnip>. It would also explain the skull damage.

Overdose because I suspect he had a bottle of unused meds that he referred to on that police stop video. If that med was Prozac or similar type drug for anxiety, OD would be easy. Just sit under the bridge in the shade, drowsy & done. The water carries him away.

Good answers, @PayrollNerd -- <modsnip> Yep, I agree with either.
No way he'd hang himself, right?... Grrrrr

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I have not been able to locate any other warrant issued in Florida for this case.

LE may have had permission to take the van without a warrant.

But they don’t necessarily always need a warrant. There's an automobile exception to the warrant requirement that the Supreme Court recognizes, under the reasoning that cars are mobile and you don't have time to get a warrant. But the usual context is when police are searching for evidence inside the car, not when the car itself is potentially evidence. I would think though that a court would still rule that the auto-exception applies, because you can still drive the car away and the police will lose their evidence, but I'm not sure.
MO

On the 10th GP’s father was at the Ls’ and there was no trace or word about her. However, the van was present. The van was towed on the 11th after a missing person report was filed by GP’s parents. LE was well within the law to tow the van without a warrant, as it was owned by GP. It’s a section of the law cited as Sarasota County Nonconsenual Towing Ordinance which may be applied on the basis that that an owner is unavailable, a vehicle is stolen, etc.
(Ord. No. 2006-008, § 3, 1-25-2006; Ord. No. 2007-089, § 3, 10-10-2007)
Thanks for that! JP says he was never at L's though. Could have been someone on his behalf tho...like Tara or a friend? His attorney says he wasn't there, either. jmo

It may have been, but its owner had changed her residence from FLA to NY. jmo

IMO she may have just changed her address at the post office because on August 12th she still had Florida plates and a Florida drivers license. To make it official Gabby would have had to change all these state documents. JMO

I took xanax for many years and because I wanted to get off of it I weane
d myself off of it. I guess I was physically addicted because it still hurt weaning off of it. But I also wasn't on a high dose of it and didn't use it everyday. I don't believe it should be prescribed to young people either but it seems like so many suffer from anxiety and pop them like chiclets. JMO

When Xanax first came out it was hyped as being much less addictive than Valium. But we later learned that wasn't really true. I think many doctors have become much more cautious about prescribing it for 24/7 use or for regular multiple day use than was the case years ago. Of course, we have no idea what drugs BL might have had access to and might have taken with him to the swamp.

Personally I think suicide by gunshot is more likely.
JMO

Police speak on probable cause of Brian Laundrie's death - latest

LIVE Updates

Forensic anthropologist examining Brian Laundrie’s remains may have results by end of November

Police never spoke with Brian Laundrie before he disappeared

North Port police chief admits he “made a mistake” but “stands by” his officers

North Port Police Chief defends himself after Brian Laundrie blunder

Police speak on probable cause of Brian Laundrie's death - latest

Sarasota County Sheriff Kurt Hoffman suggested Friday that Brian Laundrie likely died by suicide in the Carlton Reserve.

The sheriff made the comments during a police gathering in Florida.

“That guy went out there and by all accounts probably committed suicide and he was right out there where we thought he was,” he said.

IMO she may have just changed her address at the post office because on August 12th she still had Florida plates and a Florida drivers license. To make it official Gabby would have had to change all these state documents. JMO
Right. But FLA washed their hands of her residency. She was missing. And had to be missing from somewhere to get the ball rolling...next best was NY as she changed her address, before leaving on the trip. jmo

Cops reveal how they think Laundrie he died as mystery surrounds remains

"I was told one to two weeks for the updated report on cause of death and that was a week ago so I suspect another week or so," Bertolino told The Sun.

He also added he doesn't know who has Laundrie's notebook and other posessions.

"That guy went out there and by all accounts probably committed suicide and he was right out there where we thought he was," Hoffman said during a press conference on Friday.

"There was four feet of water out there at the time."

North Port Police Chief Todd Garrison was also at the press conference, detailing how the local police department led the investigation with the FBI.

"What a lot of people don’t know, in June, Gabby and Brian moved out of their location and put a lot of stuff into storage and they changed their address and moved to New York and from there, they left for their cross-country adventure," Garrison said.

"Now, we know that, by the time we became the lead agency, Brian had already left the house and presumably had already been deceased out in the Carlton Reserve," Garrison added.

Right. But FLA washed their hands of her residency. She was missing. And had to be missing from somewhere to get the ball rolling...next best was NY as she changed her address, before leaving on the trip. jmo

You could be right but I don't think we have any documentation GP "changed her address" other than the NPPD Chief claiming that for both GP and BL. But assuming she did and she was a NY resident, and we know she left for the trip from NY, why didn't NS file the missing person report in NY to begin with? And why would FL not claiming her as a resident be "washing their hands of her" if she'd moved to NY? I'm not following.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member