Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
So are the Aug. 29th hitchhiking stories still in play? Because if we go by this complaint's timeline, BL told his parents he killed GP on the 28th, which means he went on to hike for at least another whole day before he headed home to FL.

I've never seen a complaint like this - I'm not even sure I 100% know the cause of action.

ETA: I'm a California barred attorney. In our complaints, there are causes of action with elements pleaded. I don't know what FL requirements are for pleading.

Replying to myself, haha.

I went to the court website. I see that this is a pleading for Negligence on the Civil Case Cover Sheet.

Bertolino made a statement to JB:

He stated that his clients had no obligation to speak to anyone and that the Petitos claims are baseless.

Do they have any legal foothold? Anyone know if there is precedent for a trial of mental suffering and anguish? Of course they would have gotten legal advice… I’m wondering if even if they were informed it would not go to trial their motive may be that they get to make a strong statement about the suffering that the Laundries put them through.

Last edited:
Would the P or S families, or their attorney, have access to all the digital evidence that the FBI had in their investigation? Why was GP's exact date of death not listed in that final FBI release?

Last edited:
I don’t like it. I’ve always thought that Brian blocked Gabby’s parents numbers on his parents phones. That’s what I would do if I were in his shoes. How could they possibly know when/if Brian revealed he murdered Gabby? From everything we know, there is no evidence that they were trying to assist him in leaving the country. If they were, why would he have blown his brains out in the park? After people tormented the Laundries for months on end, I’m not thrilled this is being stirred up again. I probably sound heartless regarding Gabby’s parents, I don’t mean to. I think the Laundries made several mistakes but not what they are being accused of. We shall see. IMO

I don’t like it. I’ve always thought that Brian blocked Gabby’s parents numbers on his parents phones. That’s what I would do if I were in his shoes. How could they possibly know when/if Brian revealed he murdered Gabby? From everything we know, there is no evidence that they were trying to assist him in leaving the country. If they were, why would he have blown his brains out in the park? After people tormented the Laundries for months on end, I’m not thrilled this is being stirred up again. I probably sound heartless regarding Gabby’s parents, I don’t mean to. I think the Laundries made several mistakes but not what they are being accused of. We shall see. IMO

These are just allegations, so you're right that we haven't seen any evidence. But usually an attorney will not bring a case and make an allegation without having something to back it up. moo.

I feel the opposite. After all the support that I've seen here for a murderer and his family who assisted him, I'm thrilled that the victims family will finally get their day in court, and I hope that they get everything that they deserve in compensation.

JB did say there was another document that said the family had requested a jury trial. He figured that might indicate there was decent evidence to these allegations. That's why I'm curious if the family and their attorney have access to the same digital evidence the FBI did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151