WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21, MEDIA, MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*

Status
Not open for further replies.
OCT 23, 2021
Inside Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito's life with his parents (nypost.com)
[...]

Brian Laundrie grew up less than two miles from Gabby Petito, whom he met when he was a junior and she was a sophomore at Bayport Blue Point High School in Long Island.

But the modest home he shared with his parents and older sister, Cassie, at 332 1st Avenue in Bayport — years before the Laundries moved to Florida — was markedly downmarket from the Petito family’s more luxe waterfront spread at 75 Ocean Avenue in Blue Point. The neighborhoods are, literally, separated by train tracks.

The two teens found each other, a friend of both families told The Post, because they were “loners” who didn’t always fit in with the crowd.

Gabby’s mother, Nichole Schmidt, has called her daughter a “free spirit” with a “dependent” side. Gabby’s close friend Rose Davis said that Brian “does not have friends” and instead “reads books.”

“They were different,” the friend said of Gabby and Brian. “Not necessarily bad, but not like everyone else. Because of that they sort of clicked.”

[...]

OCT 23, 2021
Orange paint marks the swampy, desolate spot where Brian Laundrie's remains were found | Daily Mail Online

upload_2021-10-23_23-13-2-png.318638

upload_2021-10-23_23-14-29-png.318639

Circles of orange FBI marker paint on leaves reveal the likely spot his skeletal remains and backpack were found by law enforcement, around 50 yards from a trail Laundrie liked to hike.

On the other side of the trail, some 20 yards into the undergrowth, an orange and a lime green flag marker were still evident. These are possibly where Laundrie’s bag and a possibly crucial notebook were discovered.

upload_2021-10-23_23-14-48-png.318640

upload_2021-10-23_23-15-12-png.318641

upload_2021-10-23_23-16-23-png.318642

The reserve was described as looking ‘like Jurassic Park’ by one search and rescue expert.

OCT 23, 2021
Brian Laundrie timeline: Family attorney details days surrounding disappearance of Gabby Petito’s fiancé | KXAN Austin
[...]

Bertolino told 8 On Your Side he notified the FBI that Brian hadn’t returned on Sept. 13 or Sept. 14. In the following days, he said, he did not call the FBI to tell them that Laundrie still hadn’t returned. He also said police never called him to ask if Laundrie came home.

“So it was just no communication,” he said. “It wasn’t miscommunication, it was really no communication.”

[...]

“Apparently, the North Port PD was under the impression that Brian was home,” Bertolino said Thursday. “And I’ve spoken to representatives from North Port PD and they’ve conveyed that they legitimately thought Brian was still at home.”

Bertolino said he received a call from the FBI on Friday, Sept. 17 about a tip that Brian was in Tampa. He said he told the agent again that Brian never came home from his hike, and law enforcement responded to the family’s North Port home. A missing person report was filed that night.

“As it turns out, the FBI was also under the impression that Brian had come home and it was just the fact that there had been no communication between Monday or Friday from confirmation from either side,” Bertolino said.

[...]

“Chris went out that night and looked for him,” the attorney said. “It was wet, it was rainy. Chris couldn’t see anything. It was dark.”

Bertolino said Chris and his wife Roberta went back to the park the next day, Sept. 14, and saw the Mustang with a “summons” for being parked overnight. He said the couple spent several hours walking around but couldn’t go off trail because the park was relatively flooded.

Chris and Roberta Laundrie returned to the park again on Sept. 15 and brought the Mustang home so it wouldn’t get towed, according to Bertolino. The family’s attorney told 8 On Your Side the parents believed Brian would find his way home.

[...]

“I can tell you I last spoke to him Sept. 13 and I spoke to him Sept. 12,” he said. “Beyond that, there’s nothing further I am going to add.”

OCT 20, 2021
Brian Laundrie sleuths speculate about what was found in fugitive's white bag at Myakkahatchee Creek Park (the-sun.com)
[...]

The Independent and the Hill reported that clothing belonging to Brian was recovered by police but those reports have not been confirmed.

Photographer Rudy Triana, who is inside the park, tweeted an image of a discarded clothing label stuck to a tree and said he spotted "lots of things out of place" in the area.

"Publix bags, water bottles, and random small things like this," he wrote.

One sleuth tweeted that the bag being carried by police was likely a "rain cover" for Laundrie's camping backpack.

[...]

Nancy Grace on Twitter
With Brian Laundrie now dead, will we ever find out what happened to Gabby Petito? Our panel of experts discuss the latest twists in the investigation on
@FoxNews TONIGHT at 10pm ET. Join us!
11:53 AM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Fox Nation on Twitter
TONIGHT:@NancyGrace is on the hunt for justice as officials reveal Gabby Petito was strangled to death and discover Brian Laundrie's remains in a nature reserve. Watch Part 2 of 'A Gabby Petito Investigation with Nancy Grace' tonight at 10p ET on @FoxNews. #FoxJustice
11:45 AM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter Media Studio

Michael Ruiz on Twitter (Video)
Hikers this morning found a Nalgene water bottle from a Seattle REI Co-op near bone fragments in a #Myakkahatchee Park clearing. It's also by where Chris and Roberta Laundrie found #BrianLaundrie's white dry bag earlier this week. Their son's remains were found nearby Wednesday.
12:38 AM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Brian Entin on Twitter
I reached out to North Port PD after pictures surfaced of what appeared to be bones and other items out at the reserve today.
12:39 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Brian Entin on Twitter
Items found at the Carlton Reserve today are "nothing related to this case or any other" according to North Port Police.
12:37 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Josh Benson on Twitter
According to North Port Police PIO @JoshTaylorPIO:
"To my understanding, nothing related to this case or any other has been located." (regarding claims of more remains found at the Reserve today) #BrianLaundrie
12:44 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Last edited:
Last edited:
OCT 24, 2021
Brian Laundrie found: Parents may have just missed discovering son themselves | Fox News
[...]

Through their attorney, they said that they had not seen anything in that immediate area at the time. Neither did the reporter present. The parents also said they had not been told by authorities exactly where their son’s remains had been found.

Spokespersons for the North Port Police Department and FBI both declined to specify which location contained Brian’s remains and which contained other items of interest. But the Laundries did not walk into either location or place any items on the ground in the area.

[...]

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
#GabbyPetito family attorney Stafford on the bottle: "We have a picture that's from before she left for her trip. It looks like the bottle. I don't know why it would be left there. It boggles my mind."
2:03 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Jossie Carbonare on Twitter
(1/3) JUST IN: Photos circling around of a water bottle allegedly belonging to #GabbyPetito found at Carlton Reserve near where #BrianLaundrie’s remains were found are “false reports”according to North Port Police PIO Josh Taylor.
2:35 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

(2/3) The water bottle seen in photos circling the internet was found at the reserve by people walking by is the same one seen in videos where the inside of the van on YouTube is shown.
2:36 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

(3/3) However, North Port Police PIO Josh Taylor tells me: “As far as I know, nothing related to this case has been found. Bunch of false reports. However, this is an FBI led investigation and they should speak to anything such as that located.”
2:37 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Last edited:
OCT 24, 2021
Gabby Petito Shared Wedding Plans, 'Life Goals' Online Before Disappearance, Homicide | Litchfield Daily Voice
In a Pinterest album titled "Life Goals," the 22-year-old Long Island woman saved photos of wedding invitations, dresses and goodie bags for guests.

The album, which was also shared with her 23-year-old fiancé Brian Laundrie, features photos of families and babies, along with maternity clothes.

[...]

Gabby's Pinterest: 150 Life goals ideas in 2021 | backyard wedding, wedding welcome gifts, seed wedding favors

OCT 24, 2021
Brian Laundrie's parents leave house for first time since his body was found | Daily Mail Online
Brian Laundrie’s parents, Christopher and Roberta, left their home Sunday for the first time since police told them their son was dead in a Florida swamp.

The couple dashed out to their red Dodge Ram pick-up truck at 9.50am after holing up inside their house for four days.

Christopher, in a gray t-shirt and dark shorts, quickly got in the driver's side of the truck while Roberta, in blue cut-off jeans and carrying a large green bag, hopped in the other side. It was not known there the couple were heading.

The father, 62, reversed quickly and drove to the center of North Port. He was followed by a news crew before stopping and talking to them.

He told them: ‘Please let me grieve with my family.’

[...]

OCT 5, 2021
Brian Laundrie cop who pulled him and Gabby Petito over in Utah 'used loopholes to get people off' & SLAMMED his own job (the-sun.com)
Eric Pratt, a former police chief who now works patrol for Moab Police Department, appeared in shocking bodycam footage showing a weeping Gabby telling the officer Laundrie hit her - just weeks before she was found dead.

[...]

Despite Gabby and witnesses claiming they saw Laundrie assault her, officer Pratt labeled her the "primary aggressor" in the footage and called Laundrie the "victim."

[...]

Pratt discussed his police career on the Books In Heinessight Podcast in 2019, in which he revealed he quit as Chief of Salina County two years earlier, before going back into the profession despite hating his job.

He then quit a second time while working for Moab Police Department - but appears to have returned to law enforcement yet again before being thrown into the spotlight in the Petito case.

[...]

"I'm a conspiracy guy too when it comes to critical thinking. Sometimes the conspiracy is the best, simplest and most logical answer.

"Long story short, at the same time I started to just kind of think 'wow, why is this law this way', because if I go and enforce that law, I'm going to have this impact on this person's life, and it's my job to do it.

[...]

He admitted: "Some days I felt like a glorified tax collector for the state.

[...]

He went on: "I'd find my own loopholes, perfectly legal and I think very just loopholes.

"For example, I'd tell the person, hey, this stop is going to take me about 15 to 17 minutes, if nothing else arises.

"If you could call an insurance company and get insurance over the phone and get it right now, most people can do that for under $100, and if you can show me proof of it and I can confirm it because this stop is over, I won't submit the citation and I won't impound your car and you can drive away."

[...]

"I'm not saying police are not necessary, and I'm not saying they're not amazing people, but man, it just suits some people better than others.

"It took me 13 years of doing it to realize, I could do it, but I don't feel good, I don't like it. I'm glad someone is doing it, and I respect them, but I just can't keep doing it."

[...]

Brian Entin on Twitter
1/2 Tik Tok user Olivia Vitale says she found a water bottle yesterday in the Carlton Reserve matching the bottle seen in Gabby Petito’s videos. This is the moment she says she located the bottle – close to the area Laundrie’s remains were found.
9:00 AM · Oct 25, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

2/2 She gave the bottle to North Port Police yesterday when she brought it to the police station and filed a report. Police confirmed to me this morning they have the bottle – and it appears to match the bottle seen in Gabby’s videos.

[URL='https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1452621186228183046']9:00 AM · Oct 25, 2021
·Twitter for iPhone[/URL]

Brian Entin on Twitter
1/2 Tik Tok user Olivia Vitale says she found a water bottle yesterday in the Carlton Reserve matching the bottle seen in Gabby Petito’s videos. This is the moment she says she located the bottle – close to the area Laundrie’s remains were found.

2/2 She gave the bottle to North Port Police yesterday when she brought it to the police station and filed a report. Police confirmed to me this morning they have the bottle – and it appears to match the bottle seen in Gabby’s videos.

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
20h

Items found at the Carlton Reserve today are "nothing related to this case or any other" according to North Port Police.

Autopsy of Brian Laundrie's remains came back inconclusive, attorney says (nbcnews.com)

“No manner or cause of death was determined, and the remains were sent to an anthropologist for further evaluation,” family attorney Steven Bertolino said.

Brian Laundrie's remains were sent to an anthropologist "for further evaluation" after autopsy results came back inconclusive, according to the family's attorney.

“No manner or cause of death was determined," Steven Bertolino said in a statement to NBC News.

He was not given a timeline for when the anthropologist will conclude the evaluation of Laundrie's remains, which he said will ultimately be cremated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus