Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18

Last edited by a moderator:
A Body has been found in the area of the search for Gabby.

Mod Note:

Please Read and Acknowledge

Where we are at this time:
-Brian Laundrie is officially named a POI by Law Enforcement
-Awareness foundation is approved for discussion
-Find Gabby FB page is not approved
-Gabby is still missing and considered the victim in this case
-Authorities have the van
-LE was at the Laundrie home last night
to talk with family - Protestors were at scene
-FOX 13 has reached out to authorities and police confirmed that they have been in contact with the TikTok user, Miranda Baker. They say her story is "possibly credible."
-Authorities are searching for BL who is now considered a missing person: current known search is at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park / Carlton Reserve
-BL’s parents shared with LE they have not seen BL since Tuesday
-Video of couple dash cam is approved

———————————————

-Gabby’s case is not connected to the double homicide - DO NOT BRING IT BACK INTO THE Thread
-DO NOT BRING IN COVID / COVID SHOTS
-DO NOT BRING IN MENTAL HEALTH

-Do not start or encourage conspiracy theories
-Speculation or suggestions of a hoax or drug use is not permitted
-Include links to sources
-Do not link to unapproved social media
-post to engage in dialogue, not to bicker or argue with fellow posters
-No sleuthing BL’s parents
-WS is Law Enforcement friendly - it OK to have an opinion on the status of events but do not openly bash LE on WS

Violations of the bullets above will result in an immediate time out. If you have a concern, please use the report link at the bottom of any post rather than stating your concern in thread. If you have question please PM a member of the Mod Team. We are here to help you!

Complete list of rules can be found here: RULES

Thank you for helping us keep this thread open and running smoothly by following the rules and guidelines above. We don’t like closing threads any more than you like experiencing a thread closure.

Thanks for being amazing and valued WS members!!

Best to All,
Tiff

———————

Compliments of @oviedo
LAST UPDATED 10:30 AM EST SEPT. 19

Snipping the timeline and working on it - specifically the cars in the driveway during Sept12-17

AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
AUG 25 - Couple spots van at 5pm at Jenny Lake - alerts LE 9/17 they saw it

AUG 27
- Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
AUG 27-a Van is seen in the side of the road and youtubers post it - MSM picks up the story - could be Gabbys
In the video the lady says it was recorded Aug 27, 2021 at between 6:00 to 6:30 PM
AUG 27 & 30
: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.
AUG 29- BL is picked up at 5:30pm while
hiking alone in Grand Teton (tiktok reported in MSM)
B alleged that Laundrie had confessed to camping at an unregulated site in the National Park "in the middle of nowhere along Snake River."

AUG 29 Elk hunters spot van

AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - No service in Yosemite
August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify
SEP 1: BL returns home to FL alone, (retains an attorney we don’t know when) & is uncooperative with the investigation
SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted BL and his mother, RL, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied. The family alerted the National Park Service.

Sept 10- Gabbys Dad contacts LE?

SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI

Sept12-15- working on which cars were in the driveway- camper, mustang, red vehicle

Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Note: a vehicle left driveway at 6:04pm

Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest

Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement

Sep 15- Northport police chief asks BL lawyer to assist in finding Gabby
Sep 17 - FBI takes over search in WY (GTNP =Grand Teton National Park)

Sept 17- BL family asks police to come to their home
Sept 17- LE at BL home - he is declared missing by his parents as of Tuesday
Parents admit driving the mustang back after finding it at the preserve
Sept18- searches for Gabby and BL
Sept 19- BL search planned
—-
WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Elk hunters sighting
Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida
Reporter Brian Entin video he posted on Tuesday 9/14 at 6:04 pm and he said the parents had left an hour previously.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437930287170822152?s=21

Then video of them returning in a red truck.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437932624534769668?s=21

——-
  • this reporter says that Brian’s family called police this morning and says he was last seen at the reserve by them and they came here on Tuesday and saw his mustang and drove it hom
Updated with new YouTube video

Mod Note:
We went through several threads yesterday with comments on mental health, OCD, anxiety, etc. It is time to let that go.

Future posts regarding mental health will be removed. The thread is simply moving too fast to bring in the various points of view and personal experiences in this area.

Thanks everyone - You are Rock Stars and we so appreciate you!!

Gratitude:

Gratitude to each of you, to the public, to people that went through videos from travel to help in the search for Gabby. The care and compassion of WS Members in seeking justice for victims is why I am here with you. You played a role in helping Gabby’s parents get this far. You sent prayers, you kept the story alive, and you did it with class. YOU HAD A POSITIVE IMPACT.

Now - let’s find BL…

Peace to Gabby’s Family and Peace to Each of You.

{{Heart}},
Tiff

Mod Note:
If someone uses the wrong letter in initials please just report the post for correction. It makes it more challenging when we have 20 replies “who is XX”?

Sorry to seem like I am nit picking but these little things can help clear clutter and enhance your experience navigating a fast thread such as this.

Sorry if this is repetitive. I haven't been able to read every page of comments. I noticed 3 pictures of their van at different times with different sticker arrangements on the back door. The video of the travel bloggers from Spread Creek was the third one... I'm not sure it's relevant but are there any theories about how or why the sticker arrangements changed twice during their trip?

GP or BL put more stickers on the van.

But the call came in as him chasing her and slapping her.

As we just heard on the 911 call. However, that is not what LE stated when they pulled them over. It was that a report of her hitting him. They even stated if they had to arrest someone, it would be Gabby since she was the agressor

How did the information from the 911 call (which obviously states he is the aggressor) not accurately get relayed to the LE

Am I the only one who watched the footage and thought that the LEOs were courteous and fair to both Brian and Gabby? Really, I think they went over and above to help by seperating them and arranging the hotel accommodation. They seemed impartial to me.

That certainly wouldn't happen here in the UK, IMO.

I think we also need to remember that BL had visible injuries and scratches, and he stated that when they're having an argument he tries to "put distance between them".

As a woman, I guess I sometimes wonder how a man is supposed to react when they're in an enclosed space where they can't put distance between themselves and their partner (like a van) and they are being physically attacked by them. They can't retaliate physically (even though this would be seen as somehow more acceptable if it was a man attacking a man). Words can't always placate a person's anger, and there's no escape if you're in a moving vehicle.

I feel the van was like a tinderbox and they were both struggling to deal with each other in a confined space.

At this stage, there is no evidence to suggest that BL has ever been physically violent to GP, other than her saying he grabbed her chin (but I believe she said in the DV police stop that this was when they were having the argument and she was slapping him).

We can't automatically assume that GP's death (if it was at the hands of BL) was the final act in a series of misogynistic DV episodes. Naturally, men are usually stronger than women, so is it possible that he could have killed her in an act of self defence?

MOO
The 911 caller clearly states that he chased her down and slapped her some more. Doesnt seem like he was suffering from being stuck in a small space with her. Sounds like he is aggressive and controlling to me. I do not believe for 1 second that he killed her in self defense. and in the very unlikely case that he did, I find it even less likely he'd run and hide.

Sorry if this is old and been covered, but I downloaded the Bethune video to watch it frame, by frame, to look at the open door speculation. There are quite a few missing frames - the van is in the distance, and then a chunk of video is missing, and they are on top of it. Wonder if that was a glitch in the camera, or if it has been otherwise explained?

As for the door, it's impossible to tell, because there is a black artifact that moves around, but often is over the van. Looks like there's water or tree sap on the Bethune windshield that's right in the camera's line of the sight.

Since LE have the search warrant for the home and I'd imagine any and all electronic devices incl. gps for all vehicles -- I think it's safe to say they know much more than we do and whom they're looking at; and whom they're looking for.
And although BL has not been named a suspect or charged; the results from the autopsy may be coming back, or other evidence from BL or the parent's phones/call logs, etc.?
Imo

Sorry if this is repetitive. I haven't been able to read every page of comments. I noticed 3 pictures of their van at different times with different sticker arrangements on the back door. The video of the travel bloggers from Spread Creek was the third one... I'm not sure it's relevant but are there any theories about how or why the sticker arrangements changed twice during their trip?

People are assuming they are stickers, but they're probably magnets, so they get moved around, maybe when they are accessing the ladder etc.

Here's the Utah law which was NOT followed by LE:

2)
(a) A law enforcement officer shall give written notice to the victim in simple language, describing the rights and remedies available under this chapter, Title 78B, Chapter 7, Part 6, Cohabitant Abuse Protective Orders, and Title 78B, Chapter 7, Part 2, Child Protective Orders.
The written notice shall also include:
(i) a statement that the forms needed in order to obtain an order for protection are available from the court clerk's office in the judicial district where the victim resides or is temporarily domiciled;

(ii) a list of shelters, services, and resources available in the appropriate community, together with telephone numbers, to assist the victim in accessing any needed assistance; and

(iii) the information required to be provided to both parties in accordance with Subsections 78B-7-802(8) and (9) .

(b)

Utah Code Section 77-36-2.1

How do you know they didn't do this? Clearly, LE takes him back into town for the motel room paid for by Safe Have (or whatever it is called there). He is getting a night paid for by that charity. Surely they have to document the DV and how do you know they didn't give him that paperwork as they were checking him in?

I'm sure they didn't tell him to walk on a busy highway the 5-6 miles back into Moab...

It was a mess when photographed during that traffic stop. Very surprising compared to that image they were trying to project. Very telling, IMO

A few rain storms on the way back to FL could have ‘cleaned’ it up as well.

Sorry if this is old and been covered, but I downloaded the Bethune video to watch it frame, by frame, to look at the open door speculation. There are quite a few missing frames - the van is in the distance, and then a chunk of video is missing, and they are on top of it. Wonder if that was a glitch in the camera, or if it has been otherwise explained?

As for the door, it's impossible to tell, because there is a black artifact that moves around, but often is over the van. Looks like there's water or tree sap on the Bethune windshield that's right in the camera's line of the sight.

there is another video here with high definition

One thing that did strike me about the body cam footage was the officer walking off, past the vehicle Gabby was in, then turning around to go back and ask BL if he was on any medications and whether he was always this hyper, which made me wonder if he was questioning his story.

As far as the conversation being inappropriate or unprofessional, I thought that maybe they were attempting to be more relatable in an effort to get either GP or BL to open up about anything they weren't saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs