GUILTY WY - Jesse Speer for kidnap, rape of 10yo girl, Cody, 8 Oct 2012

Wow, that is creepy! I thought it was an alternative sketch of JS. The oval glasses rather than the rectangular ones is the most obvious difference. I wonder if JS wore oval frames in 2010 and if he buzzed his hair in late summer/early fall 2010.

I'm from this area, and remember this attack. This is pretty freaky. Springfield is the third largest city in Missouri, so if you're from KC/Olathe, chances are you've been to Southwest Missouri. Something to think about.

ETA: Should someone contact the Springfield Sheriffs Department about this similarity? Our LE here is always grateful for tips, I'd be happy to call it in.

I'm from this area, and remember this attack. This is pretty freaky. Springfield is the third largest city in Missouri, so if you're from KC/Olathe, chances are you've been to Southwest Missouri. Something to think about.

ETA: Should someone contact the Springfield Sheriffs Department about this similarity? Our LE here is always grateful for tips, I'd be happy to call it in.

Sure Tokalu, go for it.

I think they'd likely appreciate it; the description seems to fit pretty well. That attacker also tried to use a gun to get her to cooperate:

Sara Forhetz of KY3 reported “She’s in her 20s and was jogging on her own when a man ran up to her from the brush, grabbed her around the neck, and even showed her a handgun.”

(snipped)

The suspect is believed to be white, 25 to 35 years of age, around 200 to 225 pounds, close to 6 feet tall with a heavy build. Anyone with information about the attack or the composite sketch can contact the Sheriff’s Department at (417) 829-6404.

ETA: The cousin his age mentioned in his blog who died (David Speer, Jr.) lived in Olathe, KS, at the time of his death. I believe other family members were there, or in Kansas City.

**OH! Please mention THIS when contacting them--his cousin died Sept. 26, 2010--he was likely in the area if that death was due to illness!

ETA again: I went ahead and called as well. Seemed too connected to wait.

The children had been spending every other weekend with Speer, “but for the past couple months they have resisted going, saying things like, ‘I don’t like daddy,’ etc.,” Kovnesky said.
link

The kids probably need a good forensic interview. :(

I am just worried with all the OPEN spaces this guy has photographed, how many victims are buried out there.:what:

mugshot.aspx

Sex: Male
Race: White
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 180
Hair: Red
Eyes: Blue
Build:
Complexion:
Booking Date: 10/17/2012 19:14

Arresting Agency: PCSO

Arrest Date: 10/17/2012

Arrest Location:
1402 RIVERVIEW DR
Charges

1 count of 6-2-201-aiid- KIDNAPPING/FACILITATE FELONY/NOT [Felony]
1 count of 6-2-502-aiii(b)- AGG ASSAULT/BATTERY/THREATEN [Felony]
1 count of 6-2-201-aiiid- KIDNAPPING/INJURY OR TERRORIZE/N [Felony]

His mugshot looks kind of cocky...or something. :waitasec:

I agree. And when he was in court he looked like he was going on a picnic or something. It is like he does not fully grasp the seriousness of what is going on.

In contrast to say Jorge R. Killer in GA. He looked like he totally knew what he did and at least accepted responsibility for his guilt.

I hope JS spares the girl the trauma of having to go through a trial. Hopefully his family will convince him to plead guilty swiftly so as to spare his own children humiliation and a public airing of what he did. There are a lot of victims here.

An older girl, like Elizabeth smart, probably could have done it (testifying) as she was several years removed from the situation and had years of counseling. I am confident this little girl could do it but why put her through more trauma by having to relive it and let everyone know all the details? That would be cruel!

I hope the little girl is doing ok.

His mugshot looks kind of cocky...or something. :waitasec:

and very disorientated he has brought hurt to a lot of folks especially that brave little girl and her family .Thank God the fbi and le moved fast on this one and those Angels the hunters for finding her .

He looks smug to me.

Is he smug because he's laughing at LE...they only have him for assault and kidnapping of one girl, but he has a string of victims?

I'm hopeful the smirk will be wiped off his face very soon.

I agree. And when he was in court he looked like he was going on a picnic or something. It is like he does not fully grasp the seriousness of what is going on.

In contrast to say Jorge R. Killer in GA. He looked like he totally knew what he did and at least accepted responsibility for his guilt.

I hope JS spares the girl the trauma of having to go through a trial. Hopefully his family will convince him to plead guilty swiftly so as to spare his own children humiliation and a public airing of what he did. There are a lot of victims here.

An older girl, like Elizabeth smart, probably could have done it (testifying) as she was several years removed from the situation and had years of counseling. I am confident this little girl could do it but why put her through more trauma by having to relive it and let everyone know all the details? That would be cruel!

I hope the little girl is doing ok.

As a Child V I can say that the Judge is usually kind and lets you go into the Judges chamber and tell your story when it's a minor .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back