You Know You're Addicted to the Case When:

The doorbell rings, it's your neighbor, you peek through the windows while holding the dog's mouth shut so he doesn't bark. Always told my neighbors, if I am not home, you won't hear the dog. It worked! My dog didn't like it but I gave him a cookie, thought of having one of his cookies as I missed lunch! :)
ROFL. I can relate to that when I see a car drive up I get mad as I don't like to be interrupted anymore!:clap:

1) You have burn welts across your thighs from your laptop.

2) You flunked high school chemistry, but you suddenly find that you know the chemical formula for chloroform.

3) The dog brings you a piece pf paper with a 12-Step Group phone number on it.

4) You spew acronyms like that stupid TV phone commercial.

5) 7-8 pm is sacrosanct. You CANNOT miss NG!

6) "LP" no longer refers to those old-style vinyl records.

7) You live in San Diego, but you've memorized much of the Google-mapped topography of Orlando, FL.

You sign up to help with the Presidential campaign, but when they email you on Friday afternoon to go door to door Sat and Sun, you send regrets that something important was planned this weekend.

you know you are addicted to websleuths when:
1) everytime your hubby walks into the room to find you on the computer he says, "did you crack the case yet?"

2) your lower back is so jacked up from sitting in the computer chair that you eat 600 miligrams of motrin with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

3) you have dorito cheese forever~embedded in between your computer keys.

4) the only thing dusted and windexed in the entire house is the computer and the desk it sits on

5) in between screen refreshes you RUN to the kitchen to start the dishwasher, or pee so fast you could be bionic woman with that funny sound in the background

6) you feel like a radar gun may pulverize you if you even peek at Brian's predictions

Everyone around you is preparing for the coming tropical storm and your only worry is if you lose power you won't be able to know what is happening!!

guilty!
haha, we lost power for 7 hours today... thank goodness I have a power converter in the car.. when I passed out for a nap, hubby took the laptop to the car for a recharge

Here are some quick recipes from the Southern Culture on the Skids website. If you're pressed for time because there's a webcam that needs to be watched, and you have a hungry family, it offers some ideas. :p

The NASCARita.

One part Tequila
Two parts Mountain Dew
put it in a big ol' cup, f*ck the salt.

If ya want a frozen one, hit the 7-11 and get plain slurpee ice first, then mix equal parts slurpee, Dew & tequila.

Also known as the White Trash Margarita.

Taco To-Go, aka "walking taco"

Ingredients:
1 small bag of your favorite flavor of Doritos
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
1 tablespoon of sourcream
1 tablespoon of salsa

Without opening the bag, lightly crush the Doritos. Cut a slit longways down the seam of the bag, so that you open it into a "pouch." Add all of the ingredients and stir. All ingredients are optional and you can add any other toppings that you'd like. This is a great snack to send your kids to school with.

South Mississippi White Trash Drankin' Food stuff

1 lb. pkg Weiners, sliced to 1/4" thickness
1 TBSP Bacon Grease
1 can Pork and Beans
1 can Corn
1/2 slab Velveeta cut into 1/2" cubes
1/2 cup diced onion
2 TBSP Mayonaise
Hamburger or hotdog buns

Fry sliced weiners in bacon grease until slightly browned.
Add can of Pork & Beans; add can of Corn. Stir until well-mixed.
Simmer 10 minutes.
Add Velveeta.
Simmer until Velveeta is melted.
Stir in onion and mayonnaise, mix well.
Serve on buns, biscuits, cornbread, saltines or just in a dang bowl.
Ummm good and always better after midnight.

Thanks for these!! ROFL about the names!

Here are some quick recipes from the Southern Culture on the Skids website. If you're pressed for time because there's a webcam that needs to be watched, and you have a hungry family, it offers some ideas. :p

The NASCARita.

One part Tequila
Two parts Mountain Dew

If ya want a frozen one, hit the 7-11 and get plain slurpee ice first, then mix equal parts slurpee, Dew & tequila.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
1 tablespoon of salsa

Without opening the bag, lightly crush the Doritos. Cut a slit longways down the seam of the bag, so that you open it into a "pouch." Add all of the ingredients and stir. All ingredients are optional and you can add any other toppings that you'd like. This is a great snack to send your kids to school with.

1 TBSP Bacon Grease
1 can Pork and Beans
1 can Corn
1/2 cup diced onion
2 TBSP Mayonaise
Hamburger or hotdog buns

Simmer 10 minutes.
Add Velveeta.

Comfort carbs! ;-)

you know you are addicted to websleuths when:
1) everytime your hubby walks into the room to find you on the computer he says, "did you crack the case yet?"

2) your lower back is so jacked up from sitting in the computer chair that you eat 600 miligrams of motrin with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

3) you have dorito cheese forever~embedded in between your computer keys.

4) the only thing dusted and windexed in the entire house is the computer and the desk it sits on

5) in between screen refreshes you RUN to the kitchen to start the dishwasher, or pee so fast you could be bionic woman with that funny sound in the background

6) you feel like a radar gun may pulverize you if you even peek at Brian's predictions

Too Funny!!! I can relate to 2 and 6 especially!!!

The doorbell rings, it's your neighbor, you peek through the windows while holding the dog's mouth shut so he doesn't bark. Always told my neighbors, if I am not home, you won't hear the dog. It worked! My dog didn't like it but I gave him a cookie, thought of having one of his cookies as I missed lunch! :)
LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!! gives the dog a cookie....lololololol:blowkiss:

Thanks for these!! ROFL about the names!

Yeah, the NASCARita and the "Drankin' food stuff" crack me up every time I see those.

Go check out the website...the recipes are hilarious. Here's another:

Tangwich

2 slices of Wonder Bread
Marshmallow Fluff as required
powdered Tang drink mix as required
Spread a thick layer of Marshmallow Fluff on a slice of Wonder Bread. Sprinkle enough powdered Tang on that slice so as to completely cover all evidence of Fluff. Then spread a layer of Fluff on the other slice of Wonderbread. Press the two slices of bread together and voila: a delicious Tangwich! The perfect accompaniment to this meal would be rehydrated Tang but Sloe Gin & Coke will always do nicely as well.

Absolutely hysterical!!!

1) You have burn welts across your thighs from your laptop.

2) You flunked high school chemistry, but you suddenly find that you know the chemical formula for chloroform.

3) The dog brings you a piece pf paper with a 12-Step Group phone number on it.

4) You spew acronyms like that stupid TV phone commercial.

5) 7-8 pm is sacrosanct. You CANNOT miss NG!

6) "LP" no longer refers to those old-style vinyl records.

7) You live in San Diego, but you've memorized much of the Google-mapped topography of Orlando, FL.

These are great too!! I can relate to all of them!!

Your cell phone bill is significantly larger because you spent the entire time (HOURS!) you were at the local garage getting your car fixed on the mobile web looking up updates and researching info pertinent to the case.

You did not make arrangements for someone to drive you home to wait while your car was fixed because you knew nobody would bug you while you were at the garage.

The NASCARita.

One part Tequila
Two parts Mountain Dew

Ingredients:
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
1 tablespoon of salsa

1 TBSP Bacon Grease
1 can Pork and Beans
1 can Corn
1/2 cup diced onion
2 TBSP Mayonaise
Hamburger or hotdog buns

Simmer 10 minutes.
Add Velveeta.
QA... priceless. Think I will try the white trash margarita!

I am soooo guilty of ALL of the above !!

and if this hasn't been added:

You have an extra web page open that is NOT case related to quickly switch to so you don't appear obsessed. !!!!!:eek:

1) when you check WS everytime you wake up from the drug induced stupor of waiting to pass a Kidney Stone.
2) you try to get someone to change the E.R. waiting room channel to FOX ( to get an update)
3)your actually looking forward to Hannah because you can stay inside without guilt.
4) your DH tells you, you must choose between WS and NG but not both. (you actually get angry--who does he think he is,your an adult)

Is anyone dealing with more than one addiction? This case has gotten to me bad. I'm also a political junky. My husband has been a political widower for two weeks (conventions). :p

It's been difficult trying to multitask my obsessions! :crazy:

5) You start dropping NG Southernisms, like. "THAT'S putting perfume on the pig!"

6) You lay out jeans and boots, and set your alarm, so you can get up and join the search. Then, you remember that you live in California.

7) You notice that you've memorized all of KC and her friends email addys.

Is anyone dealing with more than one addiction? This case has gotten to me bad. I'm also a political junky. My husband has been a political widower for two weeks (conventions). :p

It's been difficult trying to multitask my obsessions! :crazy:

Me, too! One eye on the CA case, and the other eye on the conventions and political punditry. :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back