You Know You're Addicted to the Case When:

I think we've lost another one...lol.

We've lost another one? I think I've lost my brain cells from not muting the DT's ramblings. Don't know what this one means either. And I've known you for many years now, R0004!

When you're at the checkout line at the grocery and your 7 year old points out loudly that Casey Anthony is on the cover of a magazine. The lady behind us says, "Wow she knows a lot for such a little thing." <with a not too pleased look on her face> I am mortified and before I have a chance to say anything, my 8 year old son, who couldn't stand by and let lil sis get all the attention of "knowing a lot" goes on to tell the lady that Casey murdered her baby and even though she might look pretty in the pictures, her heart must be very small like a dirty raisin. (yes a dirty raisin). The lady was aghast, and I was blushing and trying to pay and get out as fast as possible, while my children gave this older lady a complete run down on how a jury (made up of nice people like you) would find her guilty next week and then they might send her to Jesus so she could explain what would make her do a terrible thing like kill or she might have to spend the rest of her life in jail where bank robbers live. This finally made the lady give in and have a chuckle. She patted them on the head and smiled at me. I smiled back and ran as quick as I could.

OOPs, I guess you're not the one skipping a Fourth of July Picnic and who's brother is coming home from the service? sorry!

Brain Freeze!

No that wasn't me. I was wondering what my 'freakin' brother has to do with this. Not so easy to 'go see him' either, as he lives 900 miles away! Scared me there, for a minute, PhillygirlToo. Thought you knew something that I didn't. Wouldn't be the first time. :floorlaugh:

Hey, shouldn't we all be getting to sleep? Tomorrow morning begins a big day for us! :woohoo:

I've started speaking legalese to everyone I know. I told my mother today that she couldn't be mad at my dad due to the "mitigating circumstances" of something or another. I "object" to my friends all the time and I can't even remember what all else but I've turned bright red on more than one occasion when I realized I was giving myself away. LOL!

Tomorrow really is like Christmas morning. It all begins at 5:30am for me so I'm pretty sure I'm not even going to try to sleep! I'm pre-cooking several batches of waffles to get me through the day!

ETA: oh yeah and I accidentally called my dog Casey on more than one occasion!

I'm actually starting to have dreams about the case. My hubby and friends think I have gone over the edge. They don't understand why I care so much. I just hate injustice and finally want ICA to pay for what she did.

Maybe TMI but you leave the bathroom door open and go in the 1 closest to the TV so you can still hear everything. LOL

I refer to the trial as "my story", just like my great aunt would say regarding her soap operas. lmao.

You consider changing religions so you don't miss the closing statements...just kidding. Caylee needs all the prayers she can get. My tivo is set.

I know I'm addicted because all day yesterday I was bored! lol Seriously couldn't figure out what to do with myself!

You know you're addicted when the thought of NOT transcribing what is being said makes you feel like you're about to lose your "imaginary" job. Thinking I might start transcribing my conversations with my DH so that I can use them for impeachment purposes later - LOL.

You know u are addicted when you want to cancel your 3 day 4th of July plans with family to sit in front of the tv and the computer and not be disturbed.... because I LOVE spending time with my family... :)

Happy 4th of July weekend to all of you!

I now have our small battery powered TV in my purse, just in case the verdict comes in and I am nowhere near a computer or TV. It is all charged up AND I am carrying the cord that can be used to power up in a car, just in case. I have already checked and I can get a signal from the dog park!

And being thrilled beyond measure when you find out you are going to watch the closing arguments with people who just as involved in the case as you are! I usually watch the coverage by myself. This is going to be a treat!

When you're at the checkout line at the grocery and your 7 year old points out loudly that Casey Anthony is on the cover of a magazine. The lady behind us says, "Wow she knows a lot for such a little thing." <with a not too pleased look on her face> I am mortified and before I have a chance to say anything, my 8 year old son, who couldn't stand by and let lil sis get all the attention of "knowing a lot" goes on to tell the lady that Casey murdered her baby and even though she might look pretty in the pictures, her heart must be very small like a dirty raisin. (yes a dirty raisin). The lady was aghast, and I was blushing and trying to pay and get out as fast as possible, while my children gave this older lady a complete run down on how a jury (made up of nice people like you) would find her guilty next week and then they might send her to Jesus so she could explain what would make her do a terrible thing like kill or she might have to spend the rest of her life in jail where bank robbers live. This finally made the lady give in and have a chuckle. She patted them on the head and smiled at me. I smiled back and ran as quick as I could.

:floorlaugh:
This gets my vote for best story!! I've been laughing so hard I spit my tea out my nose. Love it!
:floorlaugh:

You dream about it..as I did last night. yikes..

When you wonder why you are hungry at mid-morning when you remember quite clearly having Belgian waffles for breakfast and have forgotten it was just a picture at the WS sidebar buffet.

When you are considering breaking into your office on the holiday to deal with the huge pile of paperwork you have let accumulate in a desk drawer because you were sneaking onto the internet to follow the trial when you should have been filing it and, while you have been lucky so far and no one has needed any of those documents, you KNOW your boss is gonna want one of them first thing Tuesday morning!

When you have been up since 3am Pacific time on a Sunday folding the last two loads of laundry from yesterday's feverish marathon backlog of washing, housecleaning and gardening on pre-closing arguments Saturday so you can watch the action with a clean conscience - not to mention a clean house for the first time in weeks!

....when your husband asks "Are these closing arguments"?, you say yes, and a 67-year old man does a happy dance in front of the TV!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back