You, the jury

Daphne1972

Reaction score
I'm reading his book for free on internet archive. Look what I found.

First one is the girl in blue shirt. Apparently at Sunset ridge off Chaney. No last name given. She's been excluded per Facebook page called Help find serial killer Rodney Alcala's victims. I added her yearbook pic.

The second one is the bare shoulder woman. Apparently at the Passionist Fathers' Monastery. Her name is Shawn Whipple. So that's why she's been excluded on the Facebook page called Help find serial killer Rodney Alcala's victims. I added her yearbook pic.

I have to assume LE checked back in 1979 or in 1994 when this was published that the names were correct and that they were alive.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-23-17-52-55-276_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-23-17-52-55-276_com.android.chrome.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_2022-06-23-17-59-17-479_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-23-17-59-17-479_com.android.chrome.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_2022-06-23-18-22-56-196_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-23-18-22-56-196_com.android.chrome.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
He lists all the jewelry found at the storage. I'm focusing on the ones he tries to explain why he has them.

The golden or gold ball earrings that were determined to have been Robin Samsoe's.
The gold flowers with diamond centers that were determined much later to have been Charlotte Lamb's via DNA analysis.

Then these:
The dangling ones he claimed to have bought for himself.
The mushroom like one, I presume the one above the one with the blue stone. His date Janette testified they bought it at a mall.
A little 14th carat gold dove he claims he got from a certain Richard London. I don't see it displayed maybe it's in the little box.
A pearl ball and a black ball he claims he received from his sister Christine.

These must have been from victims, I presume and not only that but victims that possible could be linked to him.

I'm reading his book for free on internet archive. Look what I found.

First one is the girl in blue shirt. Apparently at Sunset ridge off Chaney. No last name given. She's been excluded per Facebook page called Help find serial killer Rodney Alcala's victims. I added her yearbook pic.

The second one is the bare shoulder woman. Apparently at the Passionist Fathers' Monastery. Her name is Shawn Whipple. So that's why she's been excluded on the Facebook page called Help find serial killer Rodney Alcala's victims. I added her yearbook pic.

I have to assume LE checked back in 1979 or in 1994 when this was published that the names were correct and that they were alive.
Wow, really useful info. I wonder why this is not all simply put together somewhere on a LE website? I guess given the age of it all, it probably is not a priority resource wise....

Right, why would he randomly keep personal costume jewelry mixed in with his creepy trophies? That isn't logical AT ALL.

P.S. I hope LE took DNA samples from all of the earrings.

So, with the DNA and earrings....wouldn't it be possible to load it to Gedmatch and if the earrings were not only worn by Alcala, see if it hits anyone with missing relatives?

So, with the DNA and earrings....wouldn't it be possible to load it to Gedmatch and if the earrings were not only worn by Alcala, see if it hits anyone with missing relatives?
Good idea!

Good idea! Or do familial DNA research to find the actual person whose earrings they were.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back