Zach Adams guilty in kidnapping murder of Holly Bobo Sept 23, 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Isn't the Court date this week just a hearing? Some sort of scheduling what is to come down the road? When the date was announced I do not recall it to be any pleas or sentencing for one.

JMO

Hey!

SteveS said:
JA only had formal immunity from federal charges that were not part of the case, lest he had to self-incriminate on things like federal drug laws and gun laws.

But while there was a deal already offered and negotiated, in which he sold a story to the state in exchange for a certain sentencing outcome, that was not an actual "immunity" from the rape-kidnapping-murder charges. Instead he had a guaranteed sentencing outcome as long as he gave the testimony the state wanted him to give, that fit their charges. Bribed testimony iow.

Big Thanks for the explanation! Makes sense!

jggordo said:
Isn't the Court date this week just a hearing? Some sort of scheduling what is to come down the road? When the date was announced I do not recall it to be any pleas or sentencing for one.

Yes! Tomorrow:

Tuesday, November 14th:
*Status Hearing @ 2pm CT - TN - Holly Lynn Bobo (20) (April 13, 2011) - John Dylan Adams (29/23 @ time of crime) & Jason Autry (43/36 @ time of crime) charged with 1st degree murder, aggravated rape & aggravated kidnapping.
Zachary Rye Adams (30) accused 1st degree murder, aggravated kidnapping & aggravated rape/DA seeks DP/Found GUILTY - 8 counts. Received 25 years for kidnapping/25 years for rape/& LWOP for murder one

Just notice 2pm CT is going to be 10pm my time.... :gaah: But I will definitely stay up til midnite if need be!

I'll have some tweet people open if there is no live-streaming. And will post here for you all, unless we get another thread for these guys? :dunno:

Curious....you truly think Adams is innocent of all charges?

Forget the judge, the prosecutors, his lack of defense, And all the other characters.

What do you think?

:seeya:

BBM: Honestly, I am on :fence: as to whether ZA is innocent of all charges, however, one thing I am certain of is that the State IMO did NOT prove ZA was guilty of ALL charges BARD.

ZA may have been involved but on the other hand, he may not have been involved. Yes, he ran around town blabbering about what he did to Holly and that he would do the same thing to others that he did to Holly. But when you look at what was presented, most of his blabbering was to other cons, criminals, ex-cons, etc.

:thinking: In this digital age we live in today, it would have been nice to have a recording of ZA's threats to others - something substantial - but nothing but the testimony of a bunch of cons and ex-cons. No one thought to record him ? Really ?

I have followed this case since day 1 (not so much here at WS since day 1 because I was new here), but have followed it regularly here for at least 4 years . I have read everything and anything on Holly's case: from here at WS to MSM to LaLaLand :innocent: ... and there have been a lot of **rumors** about this case. I waffled back and forth ... back and forth ... as to what happened to Holly.

But then when the A's were arrested in 2014, I said okay - sometimes it takes LE years to get the perps so LE and the D.A. must have finally gotten solid evidence on the perps. And I truly believed LE had the right perps.

But then ZA's trial and :fencefall: ... nothing solid from the State except the testimony of a drug addict, a con with a rap sheet a mile long, out to save his own behind !

I mean really ?

MOO !

Just notice 2pm CT is going to be 10pm my time.... :gaah: But I will definitely stay up til midnite if need be!

I'll have some tweet people open if there is no live-streaming. And will post here for you all, unless we get another thread for these guys? :dunno:

Are you in the UK like me miner?
I don't even know what I'm hoping for with Dylan Adams, if I prefer him to plead guilty with no deal or go to trial.
Jason Autry getting a deal makes me mad because I think he just made his testimony fit the evidence. I keep thinking about him making himself look so bad when he says, that ****in ***** is alive and talking about disposal. In my opinion he is covering up something worse he has done.
Regarding only finding the few bones they did, I believe she was dismembered and they were taking the parts to dump in the river, then got spooked. It would be less noticeable travelling with bags or a large bucket in a truck than with a body in a rug. I think this is what Zach Adams is referring to when he says, I was there for the worse part. Dismembering is far worse in my opinion than shooting or raping. All my own thoughts and rambles.

While watching Jason Autry testify I prayed that afterward he would be found to have lied just enough to violate any possible plea agreement. If it was good enough for Shayne Austin it should be good enough for Jason Autry. Nothing could make my Thanksgiving and Christmas more significant than to have them all be victims of their years of lies and pain they created for others. IMO Dylan is the common demon of them all.

JMO

While watching Jason Autry testify I prayed that afterward he would be found to have lied just enough to violate any possible plea agreement. If it was good enough for Shayne Austin it should be good enough for Jason Autry. Nothing could make my Thanksgiving and Christmas more significant than to have them all be victims of their years of lies and pain they created for others. IMO Dylan is the common demon of them all.

JMO
Well said....they all own a piece of the evil deed. No sense squabbling over who is the worst.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Sharing a Google Alert....

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/jason-autry-hoping-for-sweetheart-deal-in-bobo-case

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Jason Autry was the key witness for the prosecution and his testimony helped lead to the conviction of Zach Adams in the murder case of Holly Bobo. He may also play a key role in the possible prosecution of Adam’s brother Dylan, who was also charged with the crime.

Yes, he could testify. A trial date could soon be set for Dylan Adams.

<modsnip>
[.....]
It&#8217;s likely we will learn the fate of Dylan Adams first at a hearing Tuesday before we hear what will happen to Autry.

Also charges were dropped against the Judge in this case for carrying his gun at the Memphis airport.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...obo-case-judge-gun-memphis-airport/792614001/

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

Bumping and Edited my previous list of MSM sites for today's Hearing:

Hopefully our Mod can bump this over to the 2 threads before the Hearings start.

TIA !!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:seeya:

Hopefully I have the right thread to post this....

Holly Bobo murder case: Appeal expected to be filed soon

Posted: 9:17 AM, Jan 29, 2020

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — The appeal for Holly Bobo’s convicted killer is expected to filed in the coming days.

Zach Adams was convicted of murdering Holly Bobo back in 2017, but now his appeal will ask for a new trial. Adams' lawyer Jennifer Thompson is expected to file very soon.

Tennessee River Valley News reports Thompson was notified by the court that the appeal needs to happen in due haste.

Co-defendant Jason Autry remains locked up awaiting his trial, but prosecutors are waiting for Adams' appeal to be filed first.

What are Adams' chances at appeal?

Legal analyst Nick Leonardo felt there were several areas where Judge Creed McGinley made questionable rulings on evidence or testimony.

Man convicted of killing Holly Bobo asks for new trial

February 26, 2020 at 3:04 PM CST -

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - An attorney for the man convicted of killing Holly Bobo has filed a petition for a new trial.

Attorney Jennifer Thompson filed a motion Wednesday citing 56 reasons Zach Adams should get a new trial.

Adams was convicted by a Hardin County jury in September 2017 and sentenced to life in prison without parole plus 50 years.
[.....]
In court documents obtained by Tennessee River Valley News and shared with WMC Action News 5, Adams’ attorney says the judge should’ve move the trial farther from the area where the crimes occurred or brought in jurors from another area because the local jury pool knew too much about the case.

Thompson also says the defense was repeatedly caught off guard because they didn’t know which witnesses were being called day to day and the attorneys weren’t able to properly prepare for questioning.

The motion for a new trial is expected to be heard in court in June or July.

anyone reading this - do you know "when" Zach Adams was arrested for this murder? TIA!

Man convicted of killing Holly Bobo asks for new trial

February 26, 2020 at 3:04 PM CST -

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - An attorney for the man convicted of killing Holly Bobo has filed a petition for a new trial.

Attorney Jennifer Thompson filed a motion Wednesday citing 56 reasons Zach Adams should get a new trial.

Adams was convicted by a Hardin County jury in September 2017 and sentenced to life in prison without parole plus 50 years.
[.....]
In court documents obtained by Tennessee River Valley News and shared with WMC Action News 5, Adams’ attorney says the judge should’ve move the trial farther from the area where the crimes occurred or brought in jurors from another area because the local jury pool knew too much about the case.

Thompson also says the defense was repeatedly caught off guard because they didn’t know which witnesses were being called day to day and the attorneys weren’t able to properly prepare for questioning.

The motion for a new trial is expected to be heard in court in June or July.

Thanks my dear friend for always updating all of us.

As for as the appeal the defense attorney has claimed, imo, will go nowhere.

Many high profile defendants who've been convicted often use the claim the trial should have been in another county or jurors brought in from one.

I imagine the judge will rule against that claim since this case was known nationwide. No matter which county in TN it may have been held it would still be well known. A COV wouldnt have made any difference plus jurors aren't required to live in a cave not knowing anything about any case.

I feel at peace about ZAs conviction, and he will lose all appeals even if it goes to the highest court in the land, imo.

I do hope we see harsh sentences handed down on the coconspirators soon.

I still pray for all of Holly's family, and think of them often. They showed mercy to ZA when he deserved none by not wanting him to receive death. They saved his pathetic worthless life while he gave Holly no mercy.

I think in some ways it's good we really dont know all the details, and what they made her endure before taking her life away. If known in great detail it would rip the hearts out even more if possible for all who loved Holly. Sometimes it's best to suppress evil depraved acts from being known.

Just like the federal prosecutor said about the video Joe Duncan made during his 7 week torture, repeated rapes of Shasta, and Dylan, and murder of little Dylan must never be seen by outsiders or known to the public. In fact he was so worried it would be hes made sure the video is in a top level secure location.

Jmho

I feel like I am taking crazy pills. The prosecution's case is made up entirely of testimony from liars who have been cut deals. There own evidence presented in court contradicts other evidence. I don't have any clue what happened to Holly, but neither does the prosecution or the witnesses that testified in this case.

Just wondering if Adams' motions hearing is still on for 3/27.

I can't seemed to find anything for an update - but that could be cause I'm over here (Europe).

If anyone finds or sees anything - please post! TIA!

@Niner I think it's because of this. Might have been done but no one is reporting due to the virus that I can find tonight.

The Tennessee Supreme Court today issued an Order stating all Tennessee courts will remain open during the coronavirus outbreak, but suspending all in-person judicial proceedings through March 31, 2020. Chief Justice Jeff Bivins declared a state of emergency for the judicial branch, which follows Governor Bill Lee’s Executive Order and declaration of a state of emergency on March 12, 2020. The Order applies to state and local Tennessee courts, including appellate, trial, general sessions, juvenile, and municipal courts.

Tennessee Supreme Court Issues Order Keeping Courts Open, Limiting In-Person Court Proceedings Until March 31 | Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts

I haven't found anything on Nick Beres News Channel 5 twitter or facebook. He's reporting on the coronavirus.

Found this & hope it gets signed Mr. Gov.!

Posted: 9:52 AM, Mar 10, 2020

Updated: 7:52 AM, Mar 10, 2020
By: Laken Bowles
Tenn. lawmakers pass Holly Bobo Act to expand endangered alert system to include young adults

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — Tennessee lawmakers have passed a bill that would expand Tennessee’s endangered alert system to include missing or endangered young adults under 21.

State Rep. Kirk Haston (R-Lobelville) and State Sen. Delores Gresham (R-Somerville) sponsored the Holly Bobo Act in memory of the 20-year-old nursing student who was abducted from her home in Decatur County in 2011. Her remains were found three years later.

House Bill 2308/Senate Bill 2464 now heads to the governor’s desk for signature.

Tenn. lawmakers pass Holly Bobo Act to expand endangered alert system to include young adults

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26
Back