Zimmerman sues Crump, Martin's parents and others

I didn't watch much of the trial and had no idea about Kruidbos's lawsuit. Interesting information fr brown.

If de la Rionda was willing to play so fast and loose with discovery in a high-profile case subject to so much scrutiny, against two experienced defense attorneys, what might he do in a case where the defendant was poor and obscure?

On the other hand, the year before his encounter with Martin, Zimmerman spearheaded a community campaign to get a white police lieutenant's son prosecuted for punching a homeless black guy in the head, knocking him into a lamp post and breaking his nose. As I understand it, the son was prosecuted and his father resigned.

"George Zimmerman gave a scathing review of the Sanford Police Department and accused its chief of engaging in a cover-up during a public meeting in January 2011. Zimmerman's anger stemmed from the case of Sherman Ware, a black homeless man who was beaten by the son of a white police lieutenant."

We're in an irony-rich environment here.

I didn't watch much of the trial and had no idea about Kruidbos's lawsuit. Interesting information fr brown.

My reply seems to have disappeared. I apologize for the repost if it eventually shows up....

My point was: if de la Rionda was willing to play games with discovery in a high-profile case subject to much scrutiny against experienced defense attorneys, what might he be willing to do in a case where the defendant was poor and obscure?

On the other hand, in the year before his encounter with Martin, Zimmerman spearheaded a community campaign to prosecute a white police lieutenant's son for punching a homeless black guy in the head, knocking him into a lamp post and breaking his nose. The victim's name was Sherman Ware.

According to "Rest in Power," Tracy Martin discovered Diamond by review of his son's phone records. Martin's phone would have been in the police's possession, probably until after the trial.

Unless they can make it go away, Larry Klayman better prepare himself for a sh*tstorm of biblical proportions. If what Klayman is alleging is true, Bernie de la Rionda must be guilty of incompetence at best, criminality at worst. All the cases he prosecuted are potentially in play. Klayman should get himself some high-powered help if he can.

I watched most of Rachel Jeantel's testimony the other day. Especially during that first half hour on the stand, she seemed over-medicated, like she might actually fall asleep. But she hung in there.

She was firm that Martin had gotten to his house. (Of course I don't know where this information came from, Martin himself, Crump, or Diamond Eugene.) I looked at an overhead of the area. The place where the event happened is not near where Martin was staying so if he did go home, he must have come back to confront Zimmerman.
What's scarier, if the switch is true, is the FBI investigated the case after the trial.

I just watched a longish video of de la Rionda and O'Mara taking turns questioning one of de la Rionda's IT guys, Ben Kruidbos, in a pretrial hearing. I learned that the prosecution generated a report on the contents of Martin's phone in March 2012, but allowed Zimmerman's defense to think that the contents could not be retrieved. O'Mara and West only discovered that the phone worked in August. (If I remember correctly--from another source--the defense saw the phone sitting on a desk and turned it on or something and found it was operational.) They received the report the next month.

That report, as I understand it, didn't include deleted files. Kruidbos, it seems, eventually did an analysis which included deleted files. It turned out to be 30 times larger than the the original analysis. The new analysis included such things as a text about buying a gun, a photo of the hand of an African-American hand holding a gun, a gun on a bed, a marijuana plant, Martin smoking something or other, etc. When Kruidbos presented the new report, de la Rionda said that he was going to turn over the unreadable binary file to the defense. Deciphering it would require expensive specialized software, hamstringing the defense. Kruidbos became concerned that he himself would be in legal jeopardy. He got a lawyer and together they contacted the defense. (That's interesting. Like someone would make him the scapegoat if it ever came out. Hm.)

de la Rionda's questioning was pretty animated. He demanded to know if Kruidbos was accusing him of deleting the files or of doing something wrong. I'm not sure that this helped de la Rionda very much. Kruidbos said "no," but I was left wondering. Eventually dlR calmed down somewhat.

I'm a little confused because I was under the impression that Tracy Martin, Trayvon's dad, had discovered Diamond Eugene by looking at Trayvon's phone. If so, how could anyone get the idea it wasn't working?

Kruidbos was fired after the trial. He sued Angela Corey for $5 million. It seems like the suit was ongoing as of 2017 or 2018.
There are over 700 pages of Trayvon's phone records. The biggest find for the author was Diamond's facebook and the fact that she is RJ's half sister. Everyone needs to read the book or watch the video - otherwise it's hard to actually believe.

What's scarier, if the switch is true, is the FBI investigated the case after the trial.

Why did the FBI investigate the case after the trial? I have seen so much written about Zimmerman getting in trouble post trial, but haven't been aware of any media mention of disturbing facts in the aftermath.

If de la Rionda was willing to play so fast and loose with discovery in a high-profile case subject to so much scrutiny, against two experienced defense attorneys, what might he do in a case where the defendant was poor and obscure?

On the other hand, the year before his encounter with Martin, Zimmerman spearheaded a community campaign to get a white police lieutenant's son prosecuted for punching a homeless black guy in the head, knocking him into a lamp post and breaking his nose. As I understand it, the son was prosecuted and his father resigned.

"George Zimmerman gave a scathing review of the Sanford Police Department and accused its chief of engaging in a cover-up during a public meeting in January 2011. Zimmerman's anger stemmed from the case of Sherman Ware, a black homeless man who was beaten by the son of a white police lieutenant."

We're in an irony-rich environment here.
Research De la rionda + jailhouse informants. These are cases that happened prior to Trayvon.

Why did the FBI investigate the case after the trial? I have seen so much written about Zimmerman getting in trouble post trial, but haven't been aware of any media mention of disturbing facts in the aftermath.

The FBI investigated to determine if Martin's civil rights had been violated.

I'm not sure how the FBI got involved. That seems risky; they might have sussed out any ruse that had been cooked up.

Jeantel said on the stand that Martin called Zimmerman a "creepy-*advertiser censored* cracker." It's been suggested that it should be "creepy *advertiser censored*-cracker," i.e., "homosexual." (Not that at this point I think she was the one actually on the phone.)

There are over 700 pages of Trayvon's phone records. The biggest find for the author was Diamond's facebook and the fact that she is RJ's half sister. Everyone needs to read the book or watch the video - otherwise it's hard to actually believe.

Today I read about IT expert for the defense Richard Connor's testimony. I couldn't find very much of it, but I read that he alluded to texts and photos being deleted after Martin's death. (No deletion date is attached to the files, but because texts and photos (especially) are broken up and stored in small chunks in different areas, you can make inferences about when deletions occurred based on how many of the chunks are overwritten. I'm assuming "none" in this case.)

So one could speculate that someone in LE deleted the problematic files they could access (though not the *advertiser censored* which was hidden and password-protected) and then ran a Cellebrite report which overlooked deleted files. They then gave the report to the defense. Later (for whatever reason) the prosecutors passed along the binary file, including the deleted files, to the defense, but didn't give them a new report reflecting the additional files, hoping they wouldn't notice.

I don't know if LE deleted the files, but I think the defense believes the rest of that happened. If it did, it would make witness substitution easier for me to believe.

A Brittany Diamond Eugene does live in the area. If she was someone totally unrelated to the case, wouldn't she have made that known by now?

I haven't read the autopsy report, but I understand it states that Trayvon Martin was 5'11" and 158 lbs. I saw a Miami Herald story that described Martin as 6'3" and 140lbs. (One of those last two numbers is obviously wrong.) The MH story appeared to be written by someone who spent time with the family (no byline, though).

Snopes has what it says is a genuine photo of Martin standing next to a group of sitting people and forward of a group of standing people. He looks very tall, but it could just be that he is foreground to the standing group.

I default to the ME's height determination, but 6'3" keeps cropping up.

It sounds like Zimmerman needs to hire a new PR guy.

Larry Klayman seems like he has a screw loose. I really can't stand him.

Forty-five days must be up for some of the served by now.

Been a few years since I've been here (I was the guy that was recreating the scene before the threads were locked). Just wanted to hop on and give you guys a resource... that I maintained throughout the trial. This "resource" has every document released by all parties involved in the trial (prosecution, defense, judge, appellate court, etc) .. and has links to all of my recordings of the trial. I've tried to sort them in various ways as they were received. I hope sharing this resource with you will beneficial in finding information that helps you in your sleuthing.

Dropbox - Share - Simplify your life

Been a few years since I've been here (I was the guy that was recreating the scene before the threads were locked). Just wanted to hop on and give you guys a resource... that I maintained throughout the trial. This "resource" has every document released by all parties involved in the trial (prosecution, defense, judge, appellate court, etc) .. and has links to all of my recordings of the trial. I've tried to sort them in various ways as they were received. I hope sharing this resource with you will beneficial in finding information that helps you in your sleuthing.

Dropbox - Share - Simplify your life

Thanks AJ. There are too many files for to me go through. Could you point out what you think were the most important facts in this case, and back it up with evidence? TIA

They have all been served and most have answered @frbrown

You have likely heard of Ahmaud Arbery, a black, unarmed jogger who was shot and killed recently by a retired white law enforcement officer in Georgia. A witness happened to film the encounter, but police didn't lay charges after viewing the video. The white ex-cop and his son thought Ahmaud looked like a local robbery suspect and said they were trying to make a citizen's arrest. I am quite surprised that, despite the media attention, the last time I checked, this case has not been opened on websleuths.

Maybe people can't stomach another George Zimmerman case? smh

Benjamin Crump is representing Ahmaud's father. I saw a short news clip today where he compares it Trayvon Martin's case.

The killing of Ahmaud Arbery, an unarmed black jogger in Georgia, explained | PNU
The killing of Ahmaud Arbery, an unarmed black jogger in Georgia, explained | PNU

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back