Zodiac detectives

Coloredstone8221

Reaction score
Hi everyone. When looking through all the speculation and theories as to who the zodiac killer is, 2 things come to mind 1: Why haven't we made a suspect list and compare images to the original sketches to do a process of elimination with facts gathered from all corners of webseulths? 2: (I will get flak for this but hear me out it might be for the better.) If we really want to figure out who the zodiac is then we might need to drop the ciphers because I continuously see conflicting statements as to who the zodiac everything from jack terrance to robert emett to george H white etc. Guys, the ciphers are creating confusion and this is probably what he wanted all along and this needs to stop because it probably isn't helping the vallejo PD get any closer to finding this elusive killer who most likely dead or soon to die. So what do I suggest we do in this instance? First lets stop the ciphers and let Vallejo PD do that work instead. What our job should be is taking a major step back and looking at evidence from descriptions and from what has been officially stated by Vallejo PD and creating a suspect list to rule out everybody that has been mentioned over the years on this forum. With that out of the way I would like to note that in the official description doesn't mention anything about eye color which is baffling considering we have height, age (although this is a broad range), skin color, gender, and even descriptions of hair color. I feel like if we did a rule out campaign to confirm a suspect or rule out the entire list and start from scratch it would help strengthing the zodiac communities confidence that we can find this guy. One final thing is I have seen some comparisons to the zodiac and the texarkana phantom murders, no I don't think there's a connection because those murders happened in 1946 whereas the zodiacs were 22 years after the fact however I would like to be proven wrong as I have seen similarities in both murder spree's.

There's my thoughts as it stands. If you think I'm crazy that's fine, if you think I'm on to something that's fine too all I want is for the zodiac community to come together and come to a common agreement about this famous case. In alot of ways the pattern of murders is alot like the goldenstate killer who also alluded police for Decades until a breakthrough in technology was made. I think this is a similar situation in that we are waiting for a breakthrough in gene indentification technology to finally indentify this monster. Wouldn't surprise me if it was someone who we have never heard of.

Hi again. Some things I forgot to mention in my original post is that we should treat this like a john doe case. The other thing is I forgot to add in the list of features that the zodiac had a heavy gait. Looking into this makes me think he had some condition that would cause an unsual gait and suggest a doctors visit which would narrow down the suspect list heavily combined with everything else we know from description alone. When mentioning the Texarkana phantom killer link it bothered me that they where similar in the way they where carried out. . .then it hit me, the zodiac might be the son of the texarkana phantom killer which is why there's similarities and differences in both spree's. The other possibility is that they are the same person but what happened was the guy got into the police force and was fired for misbehavior then turned into a murderer, got too much attention, backed off and studied astrology to fuel his desire to kill and so not to create more chaos in his home state moves to California to carry out his scheme's tauting police with letters because he knows he's smarter than them and gets away with it. Either possibility is worth exploration.

Hi again. Some things I forgot to mention in my original post is that we should treat this like a john doe case.

Hi Again You have some good thoughts regarding what happened in this crime spree, from long ago. It was so awful a crime that to this day, the suspect is called a Clock and Dagger Type. Your first question asks about a suspect list to compare to. That is a good idea and, take out the guys who are not the right type.
Almost everybody is hoping for a solution using Gene identification Technology. But how sure are we that there is enough good evidence to go on. There was a real push to collect The Zodiac letters and gather physical evidence which gets into some Gray Area,s
The crimes out side of California are important but something like the Texarkana crimes are to far out to be of any use. That is not to say Zodiac was originally from California. A few of his actions point to a western influence when looking at his use of rope and knife and hold up gun at Lake Berryessa.
Your second question was concerning how evidence is being accepted, as fact.
On a whole ideas that are not important get way to much attention. And the things that are important get little notice. It should be talked about that Zodiac was using drugs and booze to the point where some of his letter writing was done while under the influence. But once he saw his poster sketch posted around town he must have known that he was now a wanted man. And still is, after all he wrote, P.s. Could you print this new cipher on your front page.

Hi. Wow that's interesting that he was a drunk is there any proof of this as I haven't seen anything related to the zodiac being drunk when writting the letters. Also I haven't seen this posted anywhere before in relation to the texarkana murders that an escaped german prisoner of war who was in his mid 20's had escaped and was never recaptured because he had vanished like thin air. I'll leave that to the imgination as to his whereabouts. I made a big post about it in the texarkana chats as those haven't seen activity in a while. I'm concerned about cross posting but all I wanted to do was get it out there as I was uncertain whether to post it here or on those threads that's all.

Hi. Wow that's interesting that he was a drunk is there any proof of this
Hi. Yep in other posts, the zodiac,s use of drugs or booze is talked about. Because the first two crimes where late at night it is more than likely. He even had the nerve to call the police station and report the crime. This should not be over looked because it tells us what type of man he was, not just a cloak and dagger type.
And some of his letters, ramble on too much. With a lot of poor spelling, and spelling the words the way they sound.

Winchester Western long rifle ammo.
Hi Yep On another website a post called them, by that ammo, name.
With the Second shooting at Bws. golf coarse.
He used Luger ammo. With a web search the picture of bullet shell can be found, and we can read the name Luger printed on the bullet shell.
He was looking for attention, but it was also a mistake to call the police right after the crime and mentions Luger, while the gun and probably more western Luger ammo, is still in his car.

Hi Yep On another website a post called them, by that ammo, name.
With the Second shooting at Bws. golf coarse.
He used Luger ammo. With a web search the picture of bullet shell can be found, and we can read the name Luger printed on the bullet shell.
He was looking for attention, but it was also a mistake to call the police right after the crime and mentions Luger, while the gun and probably more western Luger ammo, is still in his car.
The name of the company that made the ammo was Western. The pistols he used in July 1969 and in October 1969 were two different Browning Hi power semi automatic pistols - not Lugers. The cartridge that the Hi-Power fires is the 9mm Parabellum, also called the 9mm Luger round. So he was clearly referring to the 9mm cartridge and not the pistol itself when he said that he had shot them with a Luger.

You are correct, I believe, that he was seeking attention and probably taunting police with his call. He was obviously feeling that he couldn't be caught and was being rather bold in making his call and in writing his letters.

The Topic of the Luger has been written about in the past. It is now clear the evidence he left at B.R.S.Golf Coarse parking lot were Luger cartridges. It shows
he must have loaded the gun and done this crime without any help.
This case is studied by Law enforcement Students, it could be helpful to read some of their comments.
There must have been some drug and alcohol use, by The Zodiac. He was bold to make the phone call, when there are many reasons not to call the police.

You are correct, I believe, that he was seeking attention and probably taunting police with his call. He was obviously feeling that he couldn't be caught and was being rather bold in making his call and in writing his letters.

What year did Ted Kaczynski move into his little hut on his tree plot?

On the Philips map is Mount Diablo marked. Mount Diablo is the crux of the meridian and baseline for all property development in the region. Devil Mountain.
Ted Kaczynski was anti development.

Image source: Mt Diablo Meridian

Attachments

• Mt_Diablo_Meridian-1.jpg
    Mt_Diablo_Meridian-1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 0

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors