Zodiac Killer

Paul Lee Stine was married to Claudia Stine, did they have any children

Team? Yup. Zodiac Pedophile Father and his Son. I believe both still alive. Both share the same name . different middle name. Father is a doctor. Son a ex crackhead turned methhead. I find it hard to believe they still have not been caught.
How old would the father be now and why do you think he is a doctor?

If the DNA matched other cases, I am pretty sure we would have heard about it.

I am not an expert on this case, although it has fascinated me since I was a kid when the crimes were happening and I was terrified, although I lived in So. CA and the crimes, of course were in No. CA.
My geography wasn't real strong then.

However, my basic theory is not that he was killed or imprisoned, although that is certainly possible. I think he was a Dennis Rader/Gary Ridgeway type. Lived a basically normal life with a family and was probably never suspected by anyone of being the Zodiac.

Part of the reason I believe that is that his identity has not yet been revealed and it is almost certain that he is dead, and I think it is quite likely that his family found evidence of his identity after his death.

I think considering his ego and taunting of the police and press, it is almost certain he kept souvenirs, that someone would have found upon his death. Family would have motivation to cover it up.

JMO, if some of his family found evidence or suspected him after he died, I would imagine they would hold onto the evidence until they themselves are dead. It may be the case that years from now a packet containing crucial evidence belonging to the killer may be located behind a wall, etc., which will remove any doubt as to who he was. I certainly believe he is dead by now. I don't believe he would go to his grave without having the last laugh at those who had tried to catch him in life, and I feel he carried evidence with him wherever he went. So, it will be found somewhere connected to the last place he lived. JMO, MOO. etc.

JMO, if some of his family found evidence or suspected him after he died, I would imagine they would hold onto the evidence until they themselves are dead. It may be the case that years from now a packet containing crucial evidence belonging to the killer may be located behind a wall, etc., which will remove any doubt as to who he was. I certainly believe he is dead by now. I don't believe he would go to his grave without having the last laugh at those who had tried to catch him in life, and I feel he carried evidence with him wherever he went. So, it will be found somewhere connected to the last place he lived. JMO, MOO. etc.
Interesting. Cohuld he have a son who is carrying on for him and who was trained by him? Maybe familial DNA will catch him. Do you think Delphi killer could be a copycat?

I have been obsessed with this case for about 25 years. This is the first time I have posted on this thread.

JMO here.....
I honestly believe Zodiac is dead, and probably has been dead since the 1980's or before.

Unlike some cases, I believe there is an excellent chance that the real Zodiac is NOT any of the several suspects that have been investigated since the late 1960's. But I do believe he may have been questioned at one time or another just in passing, probably back during the killings and was probably dismissed for whatever reason.

I certainly do not believe Zodiac is any of the main suspects on Voight's zodiackiller website, especially Richard Gaikowski. I've read about him and it just doesn't hold water with me. As for ALA, for a long time I believed he was a great suspect until i saw that interview of him in 1992 before he died. I know this doesn't sound like a good reason to dismiss a suspect, but the tone of his voice and the way ALA said "I'm not the damn Zodiac" convinced me he really wasn't Zodiac.

I also am not convinced that Cheri Jo Bates is a Zodiac victim. What real evidence is there linking him to her? What, the fact that the killer wrote about the murder? That's not a real good reason in itself. Where is Riverside, and how far is that from the San Francisco area? I'm not that familiar with California. I always thought Riverside was near LA. If it is near LA, why do people think her murder was done by Zodiac, given that his hunting ground was in the SF area? I need more evidence to convince me on this connection.

In reality, I have no idea how many people Zodiac actually murdered, or how many other unsolved murders there are that can actually be attributed to Zodiac himself where a connection has yet to be made. It is, of course, possible that he really did commit at least 37 murders as stated on his letters, but we'll probably never know that for sure.

I believe there was just one killer, and he stopped killing probably either because he was sent to prison maybe for another murder, he died, became incapacitated some way like in an accident, or maybe even just stopped killing all together and lived out the rest of his life like BTK did without killing. Who knows? Either way, i believe he has been dead for decades.

You would of thought that a family member or friend would have discovered evidence he was the Zodiac after he died or went to prison. Usually serial killers like that love to keep memento's of their kills. So, either he burned all traces of those mementos before he died or his family is keeping that deep dark secret amongst themselves forever. Either way, I honestly believe we'll never know because more than likely it will never be solved.

I could probably come up with more theories but that's enough for now.
Of course, this is JMO only.

I have been obsessed with this case for about 25 years. This is the first time I have posted on this thread.

JMO here.....
I honestly believe Zodiac is dead, and probably has been dead since the 1980's or before.

Unlike some cases, I believe there is an excellent chance that the real Zodiac is NOT any of the several suspects that have been investigated since the late 1960's. But I do believe he may have been questioned at one time or another just in passing, probably back during the killings and was probably dismissed for whatever reason.

I certainly do not believe Zodiac is any of the main suspects on Voight's zodiackiller website, especially Richard Gaikowski. I've read about him and it just doesn't hold water with me. As for ALA, for a long time I believed he was a great suspect until i saw that interview of him in 1992 before he died. I know this doesn't sound like a good reason to dismiss a suspect, but the tone of his voice and the way ALA said "I'm not the damn Zodiac" convinced me he really wasn't Zodiac.

I also am not convinced that Cheri Jo Bates is a Zodiac victim. What real evidence is there linking him to her? What, the fact that the killer wrote about the murder? That's not a real good reason in itself. Where is Riverside, and how far is that from the San Francisco area? I'm not that familiar with California. I always thought Riverside was near LA. If it is near LA, why do people think her murder was done by Zodiac, given that his hunting ground was in the SF area? I need more evidence to convince me on this connection.

In reality, I have no idea how many people Zodiac actually murdered, or how many other unsolved murders there are that can actually be attributed to Zodiac himself where a connection has yet to be made. It is, of course, possible that he really did commit at least 37 murders as stated on his letters, but we'll probably never know that for sure.

I believe there was just one killer, and he stopped killing probably either because he was sent to prison maybe for another murder, he died, became incapacitated some way like in an accident, or maybe even just stopped killing all together and lived out the rest of his life like BTK did without killing. Who knows? Either way, i believe he has been dead for decades.

You would of thought that a family member or friend would have discovered evidence he was the Zodiac after he died or went to prison. Usually serial killers like that love to keep memento's of their kills. So, either he burned all traces of those mementos before he died or his family is keeping that deep dark secret amongst themselves forever. Either way, I honestly believe we'll never know because more than likely it will never be solved.

Do you think the Delphi killer could be a copycat of the Zodiac? We don't know that much but there is a picture of him and Voice clip. LE said there is a twist to case. Also murder happened on 13th of the month a favorite number of the Zodiac right?

Do you think the Delphi killer could be a copycat of the Zodiac? We don't know that much but there is a picture of him and Voice clip. LE said there is a twist to case. Also murder happened on 13th of the month a favorite number of the Zodiac right?

I haven't really read up on that case. That's only two states away from me. I will have to do that. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

the case will never be solved. whoever did it, or whomever did it, are dead. everybody is free to believe to believe whatever they want. i think there is so much confusion over who exactly was killed by whom and whether some of the letter writing and phone calls weren't made by someone that really didn't kill anybody. i always thought ALA wanted people to think it was him, weird guy, but probably didn't do it. Rick Marshall was viable.

I agree he's either dead or in prison. But for someone who seemed to really want credit I'm surprised he didn't find a way to leave his mark after death. And even if he died suddenly or in an accident he seems like he would have been prepared..."This was the Zodiac speaking" from a safe deposit box. Unless family does know and doesn't want the stigma...

Like Jack the Ripper, I think most (but not all) who are really into the case don't want it solved-too much much fun conjecturing. That's perfectly ok too.

JMO here.....

Whoever the Zodiac Killer is he never went to prison or was arrested because we have a fingerprint from the Stein murder.

He most likely stopped killing because he almost got caught after killing the cab driver.

I believe he also killed Cheri Jo Bates. The handwriting is similar. Especially the letter "F".

A question I have is has each stamp from each letter been tested to even see if even the DNA matches each other? Also, with today's science can't someone do touch DNA and see what we come up with?

As with so many cold cases, every major suspect you read about leads you to think "damn it, that is the guy!" due to circumstantial evidence, physical likeness, or simply having a gut feeling.

There's a very interesting thread on here about Ted Kaczynski being the Zodiac, and I thought much of the reasoning behind that was absolutely fascinating. There's also the cryptography and bomb-making stuff, and people have managed to find both Kaczynski and Allen in among the cipher letters.

Having just read about Sullivan, he seems a very good match. If it's true that he studied cryptography at university, had numerous psychotic episodes (including periods of incarceration), lived in Riverside and later moved to Santa Cruz then I think that's very interesting indeed. The handwriting samples are also very compelling, although I try to be wary of those as I find it's easy to subconsciously come up with matches that you want to be there but might not necessarily be. That he died in 1977 and was possibly insane is also interesting, as it might explain why no one convincing (i.e. prints, DNA) has ever either come forward or been accused of having been the Zodiac.

I'm not sure about the cryptography angle. Here is what I've heard from different sources about his involvement:
- From the Petersen notes: "As an A-1 English student, wrote a research paper on cryptography": http://zodiackillerfacts.com/tag/ross-sullivan/
- This seems to have morphed a bit into "took cryptography classes" and even "did a thesis on cryptography": http://www.zodiacciphers.com/zodiac-killer-site-forum---hot-topics/ross-sullivan

I believe Sullivan went to Riverside City College. I can't say what was on the RCC curricula in the time period Sullivan went to college, but I find it very unlikely that they had cryptography classes in a community college in the early '60s (RCC only offers two year degrees now, so they claim, I assume it was the same back then.) I've taken one cryptography class, decades later; it was a graduate-level class, the only one offered, and wasn't even a proper math class. Also assuming (from the Petersen notes) that this was written for an English class, what would a paper on cryptography be about?

Does anyone have a copy of the paper he allegedly wrote?

I find this a bit interesting because the first book on cryptography that made it accessible to the masses (as opposed to math guys) was David Kahn's "The Codebreakers" which came out in 1967, which is about when the Zodiac became active; you can read a bit about the book here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Codebreakers. It's one of the classic books on the subject.

As with so many cold cases, every major suspect you read about leads you to think "damn it, that is the guy!" due to circumstantial evidence, physical likeness, or simply having a gut feeling.

There's a very interesting thread on here about Ted Kaczynski being the Zodiac, and I thought much of the reasoning behind that was absolutely fascinating. There's also the cryptography and bomb-making stuff, and people have managed to find both Kaczynski and Allen in among the cipher letters.

Having just read about Sullivan, he seems a very good match. If it's true that he studied cryptography at university, had numerous psychotic episodes (including periods of incarceration), lived in Riverside and later moved to Santa Cruz then I think that's very interesting indeed. The handwriting samples are also very compelling, although I try to be wary of those as I find it's easy to subconsciously come up with matches that you want to be there but might not necessarily be. That he died in 1977 and was possibly insane is also interesting, as it might explain why no one convincing (i.e. prints, DNA) has ever either come forward or been accused of having been the Zodiac.

Hi Dan Cooper. I'd beware the Ted is Zodiac theory. I've found if you dig deep enough, you can find similarities between almost any two otherwise disparate people. Akwilks was a regular on the old 'Cold Case Files' board about the East Area Rapist / Original Night Stalker (now GSK) claiming with great passion and persistence, and some 'facts', that Ted was EAR/ONS/GSK. I think Sullivan really looks the part, but I'm most interested in the new show's progress on cracking the code.

I have been watching the Hunt for Zodiac. I admit I know very little about Zodiac. My guess is that they are going to show that the name KANE is directly in the center of the last line of the 340 cipher. /= (K) s= (a) the O with crosshairs = (n) Z= e

In fact I just looked at the "My name is" cipher and sure enough you see Name and Kane in it, only one e though but works if you use it in a crossword pattern. and that would look like a backwards L so I wonder if that ties into the backwards L pattern of letters in the 340 cipher are his name?

Gaikowski is my pick.

He was posting as "Oscar" on the ZodiacKiller.com boards in 2000-2001, using a false identity. He claimed to live in San Bernadino, to have been born in 1969, and to have been a college student as of 1969(?!?!?!).

The fact that Oscar = Gaikowski was suspected since a few years ago, but it was only confirmed aa few months ago when a user had someone at EarthLink compare their IP addresses.

A perfect match in several cases, and the IP addresses do NOT trace to San Bernadino.

Gaikowski said really creepy things as Oscar - speaking as if he knew for a fact what Zodiac thought (rather than in the hypothetical or "I believe"), requesting access to the email account of Pam Huckaby (Zodiac victim Darlene Ferrin's sister), etc. Very suspicious, and this was all before the forum members even considered him a suspect.

Only LE, "Blaine Blaine", and Gaikowski himself knew he was a suspect at the time, so why the interest? Why the false persona?

It's all very fishy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back