SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always use tinypic.com now. I choose the size for message boards / forums. It's 640 x whatever lol. Alot easier. Then I just click the link supplied once loaded - which is instantaneously- and paste one here. It's real simple, literally.

Learn something new EVERY day around here!
:grouphug:

And jersey*girl i know, its horrible, i know more things that go on because my husband is a paramedic for the city. Some things i just sit back shocked that it never makes the paper.

Lol. Good stuff, thanks, we were on the same page. :drumroll:
Does anyone know how close to the water the car was parked? was it in the middle on the ramp or off to the side? I don't feel she drove her car there but might have been lured out by someone she knew, someone possibly online who saw she was posting @3am. They either called her or IM'ed her (most likely).. she went to that persons place (and ran into trouble there) or maybe she/he needed a ride (and she ran into trouble). If the apartment was a crime scene I think we would have heard by now so I'm discounting that....jmho

And jersey*girl i know, its horrible, i know more things that go on because my husband is a paramedic for the city. Some things i just sit back shocked that it never makes the paper.

I hate it. It gives people a false sense of security.

Topcat ,it was off to the side but not in a parking place if that makes sense!

Escape2sc if you lived right there on peachtree there is nowhere to meet. No stores no nothing just the landing.[/QUOTE

I agree with you. You wouldn't worry about the place your meeting if the person is familiar. Not to mention they could have met there before. So it just depends on length of time I suppose.

And if you click the link margarita25 posted and read the comments you will see what i mean!!!

Its sad so many people in our community feel this way , and even worse that there could be info someone saw or heard that could help if the police came forward and made some kind of statement like normal towns do. The only reason this has gotten out there is the family used social media, which was smart.

From this link:

"The remains were scattered as if an animal had possibly moved them around in a wooded area, said Kegler.

As of right now police say it's unlikely that foul play was involved."

And why would they think that at this early point? jmo

Scattered by an animal. Don't expect foul play. So they just got there by random chance.

From this link:

"The remains were scattered as if an animal had possibly moved them around in a wooded area, said Kegler.

How is foul play not suspected when human remains are found in the woods did a person hide their own body after death. Sorry statements like these drive me crazy.

Is this anywhere near the area BD's phone last pinged

Unlikely that foul play was involved? Wouldn't that statement rule out that they were animal bones?
* Read comments. A couple were deleted.. Ironic, that we were just discussing scavenger birds yesterday..

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=988179#.UsBqLfRDsuf
<sniped from article & BBM for focus>>
Horry County Police are conducting an investigation to confirm if the remains are human or not.

The skeletal remains appear to have been there for quite some time, possibly several years, according to Kegler.

The remains were scattered as if an animal had possibly moved them around in a wooded area, said Kegler.

As of right now police say it's unlikely that foul play was involved.

Have we researched the date she went missing? Like, what was going on in town that night? What did she do on her date? Where did she go? What movies were playing, what restaurants were open? What time did clubs close?

What do we know about Heather? Was she still attending college? If so, what is her major? What kind of grades does she get? Does she have any kind of depression issues? Is Aheather outgoing? Funny? Does she have alot of friends? What do her friends & family think about what happened to her? Do they feel its somebody she knows that's responsible or do they feel she was targeted by a stranger? What kind of guy attracts Heather? Could she have been lured by somebody that needed help? Could somebody have won her attention with a good smile? Or is it possible somebody knew she wasn't home and waited there for her to come back so she could be kidnapped? Way would be the reason to park her car at the landing?

Imo, if shes not responsible for her own disappearance, then I don't think she's the one that parked her car there. If so, why would she leave her stuff in her car? Doesn't make sense.

One thing I do agree with is the oddity that HE would go all the way to the end of Peachtree Rd at 3am in the morning of her own free will.

Another thing to remember (and the locals will back me on this) is the fact that Myrtle Beach and Horry County are run by the "good old boys" and any blemish like kidnappings, murders, unsolved crimes and rapes might cause the tourists to stop visiting. So, these things are kept as quiet as possible. And by and large, the local media tends to follow the same MO. They tend to let negative stories drift off into oblivion.

Its sad, actually.

would you say it was put there so it couldn't be viewed unless you were looking hard? How did the neighbor see it as I noticed trees on both sides?

Would you happen to know or care to speculate when the car was left there and also what time did the police or family locate the car?

I also just remembered there is an old gravel quarry down near the end of Peachtree very close to the landing. Just looked on Google Earth and it is still there. I hope it has been searched.

:bump:

From this link:

margarita25, the only way that statement would make sense is if a firearm was located nearby or something indicating a suicide, overdose, etc. But, then that would also rule out animal bones..
That whole article make about as much sense as a one stalk corn maze. The author should make a copy of the article, and then tear them both up, imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brisketfeed