SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this isn't like the Krista Dittmeyer case (dope dealing on the side,deal went bad and was murdered leaving baby in car)

I thought of that case too.

I also think this case is similar to Jennifer Kesse in some ways.

Just caught back up and popped in to answer a few questions from various posts:

There are hotels all over the area near HE's condo. None near Peachtree Landing.

There are 5 bridges (4 road bridges and one railroad bridge) in the immediate area between the two locations: 1.) Abandoned railroad bridge next to Hwy 501 a few hundred yards from her condo 2.) Hwy 501 road bridge also a few hundred yards from her condo 3.) Fantasy Harbor bridge between Coastal Grand Mall/Burger King/Airport and River Oaks Drive - we call this the bridge to nowhere, as it was built to connect the airport/mall area to the Hard Rock park, which was promptly closed and abandoned - close to her condo 4.) Old Dick Pond Road swing bridge near Peachtree Landing and 5.) Hwy 544 "new" bridge near Peachtree Landing. Those are the only ways across the Intracoastal Waterway near the locations in question.

The railroad tracks are abandoned and no trains run. The tracks run parallel to Hwy 501 all the way to Conway. Other than the two open bridge spans for boat traffic, you could walk right into Conway or Myrtle Beach. Those two open spans for boat traffic would preclude this.

Conway, Conway, Conway. Keeps jumping out, jmo.

I thought of that case too.

I also think this case is similar to Jennifer Kesse in some ways.

Indeed, and not necessarily thaaaat far way from each other (both tourist destinations as well).

IIRC from her case, wasn't there footage of a man with potential sailor boots, or painter pants dumping her car, or am I mixing up cases here...

Which reminds me, here's a list of military bases in SC FWIW:
http://militarybases.com/south-carolina/

MBnative, you had posted upstream "Quote:
Originally Posted by MBnative View Post
You are so correct and all of the Francis Marion National Forest. That has been a dumping ground for years now."

While I'm looking into this more, are you able to name any specific cases, circumstances off the top of your head? TIA

Link to general info about the Francis Marion National Forest:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/scnfs/home/?cid=fsbdev3_037393

7 bodies since 1976 have been found there.
http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...-marion-forest-becoming-depository-for-bodies

Agreed, clu (and hi! :seeya: btw) but after 4-5 years, there would be no flesh left, so even gun or knife wounds couldn't be ruled out...they'd only be known if they hit bone. So, it seems premature to make that statement. JMO.

Blunt force trauma can sometimes be visible after many years....such as a skull fracture...or multiple broken bones suggest being beaten to death.

Ok I'm freaking out a bit, there are 5 cop cars checking out an abandoned construction trailer on the lot next to my development.

You are so correct and all of the Francis Marion National Forest. That has been a dumping ground for years now."

While I'm looking into this more, are you able to name any specific cases, circumstances off the top of your head? TIA

Link to general info about the Francis Marion National Forest:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/scnfs/home/?cid=fsbdev3_037393
Sept 11, 2012
BERKELEY COUNTY, SC (WCSC) -
The Berkeley County Coroner's Office says a 31-year-old Conway man who was found in the Francis Marion National Forest was shot to death.

Coroner Bill Salisbury ruled Robert Lamar Moultrie's death as a homicide.

Authorities say Moultrie's body was found at 8 a.m. on Tuesday in a Chevy Suburban which was found on Brick Church Road.

Salisbury did not release information where or how many times Moultrie was shot.

The Berkeley County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death.

Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.

Body identified as that of missing South Carolina woman, hunt for friend continues

Published August 29, 2012/
Associated Press

CHARLESTON, S.C. – The Berkeley County coroner has confirmed that a body found in the Francis Marion National Forest near Charleston is that of a woman missing since Sunday.

The search continues in the woods for her friend who was also reported missing.

Coroner Bill Salisbury says 18-year-old Dana Woods was shot and her body left 75 yards from where her burned car was found Tuesday. Salisbury said the victim was not burned.

Authorities continue the search for 22-year-old June Guerry.

The two had been reported missing and were last been seen at a McDonalds in Moncks Corner about 15 miles from their homes in St. Stephen.

Sheriff's spokesman Dan Moon says deputies are searching the woods by foot and with dogs. He says investigators are also following up leads elsewhere.

Conway is the nearest city that is it's own city. All the other little areas are all essentially part of Myrtle Beach.

JMO JMO JMO---SPECULATION:
If the guy(s) is local, I think there is a strong possibility that he/they could live in Conway (if not MB or a neighbor, etc). jmo.
(assuming a random perp(s) might be involved here)

Ok the trailer is not that big, they should have had it cleared in a second.

Sept 11, 2012
The Berkeley County Coroner's Office says a 31-year-old Conway man who was found in the Francis Marion National Forest was shot to death.

Authorities say Moultrie's body was found at 8 a.m. on Tuesday in a Chevy Suburban which was found on Brick Church Road.

Salisbury did not release information where or how many times Moultrie was shot.

Body identified as that of missing South Carolina woman, hunt for friend continues

Associated Press

Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:36 a.m The Post & Courier
CHARLESTON, S.C. – The Berkeley County coroner has confirmed that a body found in the Francis Marion National Forest near Charleston is that of a woman missing since Sunday.

Coroner Bill Salisbury says 18-year-old Dana Woods was shot and her body left 75 yards from where her burned car was found Tuesday. Salisbury said the victim was not burned.

The two had been reported missing and were last been seen at a McDonalds in Moncks Corner about 15 miles from their homes in St. Stephen.

Sheriff's spokesman Dan Moon says deputies are searching the woods by foot and with dogs. He says investigators are also following up leads elsewhere.

http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...-marion-forest-becoming-depository-for-bodies

Sept 11, 2012

Associated Press

BBM - a lot of these things are starting to become similar imo.

As foxfire says, keep "collecting" the dots. We can not "connect" them if we do not "collect" them. If its a random perp(s), chances are its not his first rodeo. Anything can seem unrelated, when in fact it is (for example, ARS preyed on both children AND ADULTS; not all offenders do things the exact same thing every time (disposal methods, etc.), or have one "physical type", age or gender of victim on which they prey (example IK, ARS, TForbes, etc...). Also, sometimes there are other "crimes", such as burglary, arson, etc, which might seem unrelated, but are...hence all my initial posts in thread 1 posting links to other crimes, etc)...

I'm hoping LE will give us a definitive statement tomorrow on if her bf, date, ex bf, etc have been cleared, and/or if they think a random predator(s) could be at play here.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20130604/PC16/130609730

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=799791#.UsDipvRDt7s

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/17/dara-watson-case-body-found-south-carolina_n_1285383.html

http://goosecreek.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/body-found-in-francis-marion-forest

Those are from a quick search. I used to live in Moncks Corner and worked in a town in the middle of the FMNF and there were bodies found all the time. It's a HUGE, VERY secluded area. A bit far from this case, but possible. There is a National Wildlife Refuge MUCH closer to Peachtree Landing (a straight shot up the Waccamaw River or via Hwy 814, Hwy 544, or Hwy 501. The most easily accessible part of this area is called Cox Ferry Recreation Area. There are several trails and a boat landing here. It is very secluded despite being only about 2 miles from Coastal Carolina University. The other end of the refuge is on Hwy 707 near Georgetown.

I've wondered that as well. I'm not tech savvy when it comes to cell phones and pings. If the phone is on, but not being used (calling or texting) and not moving from one tower coverage to another, are there still pings btw the tower and the phone? She could've been in bed starting at 3 AM.

We haven't heard any stories of friends or family trying to reach her btw 3 AM and, say, noon the next day. This might help pinpoint a timeframe by knowing the first time someone tried to contact her and did not get a reply. If she is anything like most teens and 20-something adults, she would be using the phone not long after she woke. So whatever occurred was probably before she planned to wake up, assuming she went to bed.

Something could have happened in the condo. (Although someone stated they saw the condo and it did not have any crime scene tape. You would think LE would check it even if there was no sign of a struggle.)

It was mentioned that TOMNOD, a product of DigitalGlobal, could provide more up to date satellite images of an area. Perhaps this can provide a better time for when HE's car was at the landing. Once the timeframe is narrowed down cameras along the way there may provide better clues.

I don't believe she went to the landing. I believe the car was dumped there. Yes, leaving it in a WalMart parking lot would be easier, But some of these lots have camera surveillance. That is what helped solve the Kelsey Smith murder in KS. The idea of pushing the car into the water maybe why that site was picked.

I would hope LE has done this or is in the process of it. Some of the comments by locals on here isn't giving me a lot of confidence.
Well, I'm not very savvy about cell phones, either; but, I do think they communicate back and forth with the towers regularly. If you really want to be sure they are off, the best thing to do is take the battery out of them.

The 3 am call was to her roommate who was out of town at the time. Someone commented that she is back and was allowed to enter the condo; so law enforcement must have cleared it.

They can't give a description of the clothing she was wearing, so that seems to me like maybe they found the clothes she had on for her date.

All that would indicate is that she changed before going back out--nothing to suggest when. :(

It was rumored briefly that another call came in around the same time as she was talking to her roommate--or it could have possibly been a text--nothing was confirmed.

That could have been her reason for going out.

It seems there is nothing after 3 am--until that hour she was fairly active on the internet.

But whether she went back out or turned in for the night remains a mystery.

I'm very concerned for Heather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member