SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if she grabbed a couple of hours sleep, and went out in the morning?

With no firm time or even day, on when her car arrived at the boat docking area, it so hard to tell.

I've wondered that as well. I'm not tech savvy when it comes to cell phones and pings. If the phone is on, but not being used (calling or texting) and not moving from one tower coverage to another, are there still pings btw the tower and the phone? She could've been in bed starting at 3 AM.

We haven't heard any stories of friends or family trying to reach her btw 3 AM and, say, noon the next day. This might help pinpoint a timeframe by knowing the first time someone tried to contact her and did not get a reply. If she is anything like most teens and 20-something adults, she would be using the phone not long after she woke. So whatever occurred was probably before she planned to wake up, assuming she went to bed.

Something could have happened in the condo. (Although someone stated they saw the condo and it did not have any crime scene tape. You would think LE would check it even if there was no sign of a struggle.)

It was mentioned that TOMNOD, a product of DigitalGlobal, could provide more up to date satellite images of an area. Perhaps this can provide a better time for when HE's car was at the landing. Once the timeframe is narrowed down cameras along the way there may provide better clues.

I don't believe she went to the landing. I believe the car was dumped there. Yes, leaving it in a WalMart parking lot would be easier, But some of these lots have camera surveillance. That is what helped solve the Kelsey Smith murder in KS. The idea of pushing the car into the water maybe why that site was picked.

I would hope LE has done this or is in the process of it. Some of the comments by locals on here isn't giving me a lot of confidence.

Just want to mention this as well:

In :rose: Noelle Paquette's :rose: case, one of the perps went to the hospital for injuries related to the abduction (he had burns from a fire he lit, ). Hospital workers can also be helpful in that they may remember any "suspicious" injuries or patients that might have come in for treatment right after Heather disappeared. (Challenging, bc there are so many injuries on any given day, but still throwing this out there for any medical personnel who might be reading this.)

Also, I'd like to have a record of all fires responded to since Heather disappeared. We know that Travis Forbes had a fire in the alley in order to dispose of evidence related to :rose: Kenia M's :rose: case.

We also know Israel Keyes was into lighting fires, as many other perps are (RAT, the list goes on....).

Locals should try to remember if they remember seeing any fires during that time, even small ones, on private property, or anywhere else (brush fires, etc.).

People burn crops and dead foliage here all the time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

If you do go there be very careful!!!!!
And take someone with you.
It could be a place...well, it could be dangerous....

Pleaaaaase be careful. And do not post when you are going! And be careful about people pming you to "meet up" to "help search". And please don't go at night. :)

I will take someone and I have never met anyone off the internet and plan to keep it that way.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I carry pepper gel spray. It's heavier & shoots farther. My spray also has dye in it. I also have a slimline blade my hubby bought me that looks like a mini push pen.

Very cool Jersey girl. I didn't know there was gel with dye in it! Good to know! <googling>

Just wanted to mention something I learned about grid searches from Toni Lee Sharpless' episode of "Disappeared" that I thought was really cool.

Manned Searchers are equipped with GPS tracking devices, and the locational data comprised is later analyzed for review to see which potential areas might have been missed.

Here's another article about CUE, Monica Casion, and her organization, as related specially to Zachary's case:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10151753808869958&id=136501784957&_rdr

&#8220;The numbers reported of missing individuals has become more than a silent epidemic with the roadways, waterways and scenic wood lines being used for an open graveyard to these horrific crimes and no one is paying attention&#8217;, said CUE founder, Monica Caison. &#8220;Missing Person reports exceed 800,000 annually, leaving nothing more than a path of devastation felt by thousands of families left behind to linger in an unknown fate&#8221;, Mrs. Caison added."

I've wondered that as well. I'm not tech savvy when it comes to cell phones and pings. If the phone is on, but not being used (calling or texting) and not moving from one tower coverage to another, are there still pings btw the tower and the phone? She could've been in bed starting at 3 AM.

We haven't heard any stories of friends or family trying to reach her btw 3 AM and, say, noon the next day. This might help pinpoint a timeframe by knowing the first time someone tried to contact her and did not get a reply. If she is anything like most teens and 20-something adults, she would be using the phone not long after she woke. So whatever occurred was probably before she planned to wake up, assuming she went to bed.

Something could have happened in the condo. (Although someone stated they saw the condo and it did not have any crime scene tape. You would think LE would check it even if there was no sign of a struggle.)

It was mentioned that TOMNOD, a product of DigitalGlobal, could provide more up to date satellite images of an area. Perhaps this can provide a better time for when HE's car was at the landing. Once the timeframe is narrowed down cameras along the way there may provide better clues.

I don't believe she went to the landing. I believe the car was dumped there. Yes, leaving it in a WalMart parking lot would be easier, But some of these lots have camera surveillance. That is what helped solve the Kelsey Smith murder in KS. The idea of pushing the car into the water maybe why that site was picked.

I would hope LE has done this or is in the process of it. Some of the comments by locals on here isn't giving me a lot of confidence.
BOLDED by me I also believe she didn't drive there but the person who did felt comfortable enough to know the area and leave the car there. They also needed a way back ,which leads me to believe more than one person is involved in this crime.

BOLDED by me I also believe she didn't drive there but the person who did felt comfortable enough to know the area and leave the car there. They also needed a way back ,which leads me to believe more than one person is involved in this crime.

Me too, if not an active participant in her abduction, at least might have given the perp(s) a ride. (And if so, whether or not this person knew a crime had just been committed, who knows).

Again, whose phones pinged in the area during that window? LE I'm sure is looking at this, as we found out later they immediately did in Jessica's case (secured warrants for all phone companies and searched every single phone call that pinged in the area! Can you imagine all the calls / texts to sift through!).

Which could be reason for the delay on any info from LE---they are still obtaining and processing electronic, as well as other information / evidence.

With all the increased attention in this case (thank goodness), LE is going to have to make some sort of statement soon, jmo. I'm hoping tomorrow is that day, as we all are.

Just caught back up and popped in to answer a few questions from various posts:

There are hotels all over the area near HE's condo. None near Peachtree Landing.

There are 5 bridges (4 road bridges and one railroad bridge) in the immediate area between the two locations: 1.) Abandoned railroad bridge next to Hwy 501 a few hundred yards from her condo 2.) Hwy 501 road bridge also a few hundred yards from her condo 3.) Fantasy Harbor bridge between Coastal Grand Mall/Burger King/Airport and River Oaks Drive - we call this the bridge to nowhere, as it was built to connect the airport/mall area to the Hard Rock park, which was promptly closed and abandoned - close to her condo 4.) Old Dick Pond Road swing bridge near Peachtree Landing and 5.) Hwy 544 "new" bridge near Peachtree Landing. Those are the only ways across the Intracoastal Waterway near the locations in question.

The railroad tracks are abandoned and no trains run. The tracks run parallel to Hwy 501 all the way to Conway. Other than the two open bridge spans for boat traffic, you could walk right into Conway or Myrtle Beach. Those two open spans for boat traffic would preclude this.

There are hotels all over the area near HE's condo. None near Peachtree Landing.

There are 5 bridges (4 road bridges and one railroad bridge) in the immediate area between the two locations: 1.) Abandoned railroad bridge next to Hwy 501 a few hundred yards from her condo 2.) Hwy 501 road bridge also a few hundred yards from her condo 3.) Fantasy Harbor bridge between Coastal Grand Mall/Burger King/Airport and River Oaks Drive - we call this the bridge to nowhere, as it was built to connect the airport/mall area to the Hard Rock park, which was promptly closed and abandoned - close to her condo 4.) Old Dick Pond Road swing bridge near Peachtree Landing and 5.) Hwy 544 "new" bridge near Peachtree Landing. Those are the only ways across the Intracoastal Waterway near the locations in question.

The railroad tracks are abandoned and no trains run. The tracks run parallel to Hwy 501 all the way to Conway. Other than the two open bridge spans for boat traffic, you could walk right into Conway or Myrtle Beach. Those two open spans for boat traffic would preclude this.

Thank you DMiller70. :)

I hope this isn't like the Krista Dittmeyer case (dope dealing on the side,deal went bad and was murdered leaving baby in car)

Two or more is very possible. Although we kicked around some methods sometime back on how a single perp could accomplish it. One was towing the car there. Another would be to put a mountain bike in the back and ride away.

<respectfully snipped for clarity>

Also, is it fact that her dl was left in her car? If she were depressed &/or anxious, and responsible for her own disappearance (suicidal), then why would she intentionally leave her identification? Wouldn't she want it on her to make identification less of a hassle for her family?

Jersey*Girl, I'm not sure that this has been confirmed, anyone? I know a coworker of hers posted this info on her twitter feed, but other than that, I don't remember actual confirmation of this, unless my brain has completely turned to jello, which is highly likely at this point. :)

I'm not convinced of the whole 'the remains have been here for at least 5 years' thing. I've seen statements like that made by LE in the past and it turned out to be only a few weeks/months. Rate of decomp depends on a lot of things.

MBnative, you had posted upstream "Quote:
Originally Posted by MBnative View Post
You are so correct and all of the Francis Marion National Forest. That has been a dumping ground for years now."

While I'm looking into this more, are you able to name any specific cases, circumstances off the top of your head? TIA

Link to general info about the Francis Marion National Forest:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/scnfs/home/?cid=fsbdev3_037393

Two or more is very possible. Although we kicked around some methods sometime back on how a single perp could accomplish it. One was towing the car there. Another would be to put a mountain bike in the back and ride away.
Towing a car(tow truck or using a trailer, the perp would have the keys to her car and would tow it from the front,so more than likely it would be facing away from the water that towards it,jmo) would be highly unusual as it would need to be planned out and would more likely than not attract attention. The mountain bike idea could work(would it fit in her trunk?)with the body in the back seat to be disposed of.jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592