SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a hard time finding her FB page. Mainly because they squished the words all together findheatherelvis is the official family page.

Also, someone started a separate group page that should probably be shut down to prevent confusion. It is Help Find Heather Elvis. Anyone know how to make a shut down happen?

If it's not violating any Facebook TOS, Facebook won't shut it down. The family could TRY, but again, if it's not violating any TOS, it'll be nearly impossible. People have a right to create a page for almost anything. Not sure if you knew of the Jessica Ridgeway case and the antics involved with a certain person who got involved with fundraising and FB pages for her, but the family ended up having to get court orders to make the woman stop using JR's name. There was literally NOTHING they could do though to get the pages shut down, except ask the woman to shut them down.

Sad fact is, people want a place to go to actually discuss their own thoughts and theories without being told they can't. Facebook gives them that outlet.

Its too bad they cant call in the secret service like they did in the Jessica heringa case. They did some stuff with the usage of cell phones in the area when she went missing.

I am new to WS but have been going over this case and I find a resemblance between capt. Robbie Williams who was missing since dec18,2013 and the sketch of the suspect in the attempted abduction of the Tennessee girl. Not sure if I can post links so delete if you must. Check it out, What is everyone else thoughts?

Capt. Robbie Williams
http://www.wistv.com/story/24316944/shaw-air-force-base-officials-search-for-missing-member

Sketch of suspect
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/photos.aspx?id=486429#.UsLcPX-9KSN

i am new to ws but have been going over this case and i find a resemblance between capt. Robbie williams who was missing since dec18,2013 and the sketch of the suspect in the attempted abduction of the tennessee girl. Not sure if i can post links so delete if you must. Check it out, what is everyone else thoughts?

Capt. Robbie williams
http://www.wistv.com/story/24316944/shaw-air-force-base-officials-search-for-missing-member

sketch of suspect
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/photos.aspx?id=486429#.uslcpx-9ksn

whoa!!!

I am new to WS but have been going over this case and I find a resemblance between capt. Robbie Williams who was missing since dec18,2013 and the sketch of the suspect in the attempted abduction of the Tennessee girl. Not sure if I can post links so delete if you must. Check it out, What is everyone else thoughts?

Capt. Robbie Williams

Sketch of suspect

Wow! That's worth sending to the local LE. Wonder what he was driving in 2010 and if he's been in the area. Amazing find.

Yeah as I was going over it last night the two images seem so similiar I had to post and see what others thought.

snipped: Credit for finding the remains was given to "police" and "authorities" in at least a couple news articles (linked earlier in this thread). Another news article gave credit to the community group of searchers. Who knows which is true? Supposedly, they were found in an area being searched by LE and a community group.

Too many different stories without any consistency.

Agreed @CharlieJ, who knows what is true?

If a search group other than the HCPD or CUE find crucial evidence, why not disclose that information instead of leaving it out? It could prove to be helpful IMO.

A person that is out walking their dog and find human remains is a lot different than an organized search IMO. See what I mean?

Not to be disrespectful by any means but I hardly see why it's necessary to give credit to anyone? If the remains are that of BD then many people should be given praise, look at all the people that volunteered their efforts. Who gets commendation is not nearly as significant as the fact that they were found. Someone, somewhere will at least know where their loved one is now. Granted those remains will take away a family's dream of a safe return but at least gives them the peace of having the answer of "where". It's the unknown that haunts constantly. The next chapter of their life has to deal with who or why.

I agree with your @Beba. Sorry. Bad choice of wording on my part I guess.

Just frustrated by the incomplete, inaccurate, and misguided news reports. And the overall lack of information from LE.

When I hear news, I want to know: who?, what?, when?, where?, and how? And as a bonus: why?

On our local news (on multiple accounts), they did not specify exactly who found the remains? Nor did they mention if they were found during the search for HE. They treated it like a completely different story. For those on the outside looking in, it would appear exactly that way.

Isn't finding remains a MAJOR clue in any investigation?

With that said, I would like to know as much information as possible so that my brain can process the information to the fullest extent.

Under the sketch, it says "1 suspect." I don't see any story other than a 20-yo woman was almost abducted. I'm wondering if that means there was more than one suspect.

I agree though with bestill...wonder what the missing Capt. was driving in 2010. Also, I wonder where he was stationed. He's a Capt. now so he had to have been in the military in 2010!

Under the sketch, it says "1 suspect." I don't see any story other than a 20-yo woman was almost abducted. I'm wondering if that means there was more than one suspect.

I agree though with bestill...wonder what the missing Capt. was driving in 2010. Also, I wonder where he was stationed. He's a Capt. now so he had to have been in the military in 2010!

In an article it said three men pulled up in a van. So I'm guessing this is just one of three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In an article it said three men pulled up in a van. So I'm guessing this is just one of three.

Ok, thank you. I wasn't seeing an article. It was just showing me the sketch and then current stories. Thank you for that info. :).

Soooo, PURE SPECULATION and THEORIZING...considering the uncanny resemblance of the missing Captain and the date/time he disappeared, coupled with HE disappearing...seems like nicksmom should definitely call that tip in!

Excellent find and observation, nicksmom!!!

I know the 3 missing women cases might not be related...Heather's car was found abandoned, Jamie was seen getting into a car to go on a date , I believe..and Rachel walked away from her caretaker's house. BUT...they all resided within a 5 mile radius off HWY 501...and that was their last known locations ( at least publicly known locations ) While this area of MB has some late night businesses and people are out and about at all hours of the night..this area pales in comparison to the late night activity in the city of MB and along the boulevard. And these girls are all local. If not for Heather's car being found elsewhere , one would almost be certain the cases are related ..if the girls all disappeared from or near their homes and the cases are related..how did someone take them. Was someone cruising the area looking for a female alone at the nearby gas station and by pure coincidence all 3 girls happened to be close by ? or maybe Heather ran out to her car to get something and the perp or perps were in the parking lot and overtook her ? 5 days later cruising again they spot Jamie getting back from a date ? 5 days later say Rachel walking ? and the 5 days apart..is also really interesting. Is this someone who works 5 days and goes hunting the night of the 5th day ?
I have 2 daughters living within that 5 mile area .. and am not confident in the HCPD

How would I phone in a tip. I am not even in the US so I am dumbfounded as to how to go about this.

There is also an email for tips let me see if I can find it.

You could email the links and your thoughts to this email, hope this is acceptable to share, CRIMETIPS@HORRYCOUNTY.ORG. And you could also message the findheatherelvis facebook page. If this is against the rules here, please delete it. Thanks.

I know the 3 missing women cases might not be related...Heather's car was found abandoned, Jamie was seen getting into a car to go on a date , I believe..and Rachel walked away from her caretaker's house. BUT...they all resided within a 5 mile radius off HWY 501...and that was their last known locations ( at least publicly known locations ) While this area of MB has some late night businesses and people are out and about at all hours of the night..this area pales in comparison to the late night activity in the city of MB and along the boulevard. And these girls are all local. If not for Heather's car being found elsewhere , one would almost be certain the cases are related ..if the girls all disappeared from or near their homes and the cases are related..how did someone take them. Was someone cruising the area looking for a female alone at the nearby gas station and by pure coincidence all 3 girls happened to be close by ? or maybe Heather ran out to her car to get something and the perp or perps were in the parking lot and overtook her ? 5 days later cruising again they spot Jamie getting back from a date ? 5 days later say Rachel walking ? and the 5 days apart..is also really interesting. Is this someone who works 5 days and goes hunting the night of the 5th day ?
I have 2 daughters living within that 5 mile area .. and am not confident in the HCPD

Were the other two girls found?

I'm sure it goes without saying, but make sure your daughters are extra cautious, escape2sc. Maybe you could encourage them to read here, so they have an idea of what's going on...not just that you're an overprotective parent, as my kids always think about me.

Capt. Robbie Williams

Sketch of suspect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl8yFGkGSTI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads