Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #11

the video at 7:44 shows her dancing, and it's obvious she is VERY happy.......at least in Bolivia.
I wish they were dated., but I don't hear or see the dates.

This one in England he speaks of Nelson Mandala visiting while they were there I think?

How can that be?

London, England - YouTube

I may step on some toes here, but I really feel compelled to speak out on this discussion.

Leanne did what she did for bottom-line reasons that only she will know. That's a fact.

Stats that presume (derived perhaps incorrectly, no less) to know the mindset of others who have taken their own life can't tell us with any certainty what goes through the mind of any specific person (including Leanne Bearden) that doesn't reveal it to them, and LB can't be asked. Even a note left behind only tells what she wanted to say, not necessarily why she acted or what was going through her mind.

She was unique, as are we all. In that light, I'm much happier letting her uniqueness continue intact, rather than trying to squeeze her identity into a pigeonhole of our choosing after she's gone.

Very well said. Just not sure what you mean by "stats that presume to know the mind set."

That said, I think many here at WS who came to care about Leanne are really feeling this loss, and are simply trying to understand why this happened. When one loses a family member to suicide, surviving family members often ask themselves many of the same questions some are asking here. I lost a family member to suicide, so I know. I also know that talking - or writing - about a deeply felt loss can help people process their grief. Of course, when on a public site, one always has to keep her family in mind and think of how one's words might affect them if they decide to read here.

As an aside: I am relatively new to WS (I came here because of Leanne) and I want to express my gratitude to the moderators and the owner of this site for truly setting the bar so high for the protection of the victims and their families. Unfortunately, there are sites out there that not only do not protect the victims, but cause even more pain under the guise of "advocacy." As someone who has lost a family member to suicide and another to murder, I truly appreciate your approach to sleuthing.

How could they have not searched this area? Even JB said to search these types of properties.

So many searches, so many searchers- professional and not.

It feels like this would not be the time to miscommunicate.

the video at 7:44 shows her dancing, and it's obvious she is VERY happy.......at least in Bolivia.

This one in England he speaks of Nelson Mandala visiting while they were there I think?

How can that be?

JB says it was when he was there in "96 or 97" with his parents, that Nelson Mandela was also visiting.

How can that be?

She's really not dancing. She is singing along with the song "Creep" which is about a misfit who doesn't belong.

She's really not dancing. She is singing along with the song "Creep" which is about a misfit who doesn't belong.

I thought it was dancing as they (she and her husband) were on one side of the plaza and others, local people dancing on the other side as I vaguely recall. She probably felt unique in herself and in many ways she was unique for doing what they did for 2 years.

Regardless, she does appear very happy in that video and in the Victoria Falls video which is lovely (they are wearing raincoats and talking a bit)

Thus far can't see anything that was an issue at least on tape, but it's when the tape stops running I guess like behind closed doors.

YET, you'd think that when the tape or video stops running if they argue a lot her demeanor wouldn't have been so happy most of the time.

Strange case.

If she did this to herself, I'd think that there were instances earlier in her life the family knew about which told them she had problems. That would then help us understand why they were reluctant to push the LE for more searches. Plus whatever kind of message she left for everyone.

I know when my daughter (who looked a lot like Leanne but was a few years younger) killed herself by overdose on her prescription medications, she had been ill for a long time but not diagnosed for it, but it was easily hidden from everyone unless you knew the person intimately and knew something just wasn't kosher.

I think that is what was going on with Leanne.

For my daughter, it was similar as for an upbeat happy face for the public., even two days before she disappeared she sent a video text from her cell phone to her sisters of her kissing her husband and joking saying they were going to celebrate their 5th anniversary in a few weeks. She had no clue he was going to ask for a separation or divorce as he did 2 days later. It pushed this very ill young woman right over the edge. She saw no way to go on.

I was looking for her obituary but there isn't one. Or at least I can't find it. There is also no mention of the funeral or anything by any msm after the announcement that it was a suicide. It this normal in suicide cases? Wouldn't they at least mention that a funeral service was held or something? I'm a bit surprised that everything has gone so silent after a lot of coverage before her discovery. Not that I want the family pried upon but no mention of the funeral and no obit kind of puzzles me.

Leomoon, I"m so sorry for your loss :( {{{Hug}}}

I was looking for her obituary but there isn't one. Or at least I can't find it. There is also no mention of the funeral or anything by any msm after the announcement that it was a suicide. It this normal in suicide cases? Wouldn't they at least mention that a funeral service was held or something? I'm a bit surprised that everything has gone so silent after a lot of coverage before her discovery. Not that I want the family pried upon but no mention of the funeral and no obit kind of puzzles me.

I don't think it's necessarily that unusual especially since she's been fodder in the news for awhile. Perhaps they have not received the body back from the Medical Examiner yet? Was the autopsy completed? They may have preferred cremation. Many do.

This is all that remains as a reminder of my daughter.....you'll see a slight resemblance to Leanne:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSmcid=47663881&GRid=81209467&

I don't think it's necessarily that unusual especially since she's been fodder in the news for awhile. Perhaps they have not received the body back from the Medical Examiner yet? Was the autopsy completed? They may have preferred cremation. Many do.

This is all that remains as a reminder of my daughter.....you'll see a slight resemblance to Leanne:

A beautiful daughter. I am so sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing your daughter. May she rest in peace.

How could they have not searched this area? Even JB said to search these types of properties.

So many searches, so many searchers- professional and not.

It feels like this would not be the time to miscommunicate.

IIRC The large coordinated search was in more rural areas surrounding GR. The searchers said they were told that family had already searched the neighborhood. Josh asked owners of 2000 acre properties to search their property. You have to get the owner's permission to search and I think Josh mentioned that this limited what the family and friends could do because of liability issues. This is from memory, so I could be off on some of this.

What I have learned from following missing persons cases is that it helps if the family has someone very organized and SAR savvy on their team to keep track of what has been searched. Whitney Heichel's family had a friend like this who organized teams of her friends to search the very morning she disappeared. They found her car and her clothing very quickly, so foul play was clear early on.

On the other hand, Lynne Spalding's friends in S.F. conducted an amazing search of the city outside the SF General Hospital BUT they relied too much on the word of the Sheriff's Department that they had searched the hospital. Someone needed to sit down with the sheriff and the facilities manager, look at building schematic drawings and question what had been searched. As it turned out, they hadn't searched an obvious stairwell, and Lynne died there and was discovered several weeks later.

So IMO there needs to be a search coordinator/LE liaison person close to the family. Maps or building drawings need to be initialed by searchers when an area is clear. Notes need to be made and reviewed. Search an area more than once. How many times have we misplaced something and found it where we already looked?! Assume nothing! Communicate!

All of this is easier said than done in the panic of a search for a loved one, but it would be my basic starting place.

My aunt had a high profile suicide when I was in grade school. Now that I think about it, I didn't even go to a funeral for her though that part of the family was from another state. My family also tried to shelter me from it. I don't remember if my family published any info, but I personally would not publish any information for a high profile suicide for a family member.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful daughter with us! She looks lovely and happy in these pictures - just as Leanne did in hers.

As for your questions, the autopsy was completed only tox results are yet to come in. On Sunday one local poster here said the funeral is under way.

I pray that the family especially her parents and Josh can find peace at some point. My husband took his life and my only consollation has been that it was his choice. As far as his method it wasn't that important because he tried to do it twice in 3 weeks. When the first time didn't work he switched his method. It worked. But, the point is he was determined to do it.

I believe Leanne was determined to do it too. I am not sure if she knew the area, but the deal is that very few trees close by have horizontal limbs that would afford hanging. She had to find that tree. I have looked at the property and it seems it had another way she could have entered the woods. From the back. And I wonder if she even realized there was a home so close. For those folks that live there, I just can't imagine and I know how hard it is for the Bearden's to go in and out of the neighborhood.

This is so sad and I wish we could go back to that afternoon and see Leanne come bouncing down the sidewalk returning from her walk. I hope her soul found peace, but this was all about her. No one should feel any guilt or wonder what they could have done to change it or make it better. I still have to work through this most days and so do my 3 boys. jmo

I'm so sorry for your loss mck! {{{Hugs}}}

NOT to me. Why the heck would it (obit) be public? My mom's death was never, ever public to let the vultures pick over her death.

NOT to me. Why the heck would it (obit) be public? My mom's death was never, ever public to let the vultures pick over her death.

I thought obituaries are always public. Seems I was mistaken.

I thought it was dancing as they (she and her husband) were on one side of the plaza and others, local people dancing on the other side as I vaguely recall. She probably felt unique in herself and in many ways she was unique for doing what they did for 2 years.
RSBM

Two different videos. The video of Leanne dancing in the plaza with a band playing in the background was from Bolivia. (Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #11)

The video of Leanne singing along to the radiohead song "Creep" was from London. (Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #11)

HTH

My dear Mother's obituary was lengthy and detailed her life story. I penned it as a tribute to her and as a means to honor her.

In no way did I ever consider it in any way a means by which to allow vultures to pick over her death.

In fact, I've never heard of an obituary being described in such a manner. ?

I thought obituaries are always public. Seems I was mistaken.

Newspapers publish death notices, like birth notices and marriage notices, as a matter of public record.

Obituaries, (ETA) which include a biographical sketch, are submitted to newspapers (and are paid for) by family, et al.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freedomfinders
Back