Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the U.S. government is selectively leaking information.

TOTALLY agree , a educated proff who is taking flying lessons and is onboard a jumbo jet that is now nowhere for a week, that was flying to the destination of his terrorist groups hatred, from the country who has been abusive to his folks explains all the mess the last week.

IMO all the govts have a very very dangerous situation. And if we all change all our like view from what happened to what I think all these govts fear "might" happen so much of what "has" happened makes sense.

I think there is contact going on, I think our professor is quite bright, and whatever he is threatening, to all these govts is scaring them and they are trying to be careful not to piss him off.................................

This scenario sounds like a summer tentpole movie opening , I know, but it explains all the changing of stuff US calls CHina -=-you cant say that ---the airline says no take that back he said he will ...... if you release that.......etc etc

you are following me

["You can't just fly a Triple 7 and not have a radar trace," he said.

But what if I am telling you I have 239 people and you had better not mess with me, I am landing the plane and well chat later............I think the plane has landed, and the passengers are his protection

This is a possibility alright. As long as that jet isnt approaching a populated area or target, it wont be shot down. Or they could even be daring the US or someone else to shoot it down, provoking it. No matter how justified such a shootdown would be, it would not be popular.

Malaysia Officials Say They Received No Engine-Monitoring Data

This is one of the few congruent things, early on we learned that the airline did not buy the whole monitoring package from Boeing, BUT from the get go it was acknowledged that Rolls Royce was monitoring their engines on the fleet for there own purposes

so today Boeing coming clean was refreshing .............

I know this is true, but doesn't it sound ridiculous? It's as if we're talking about whether or not they bought Showtime with their cable package. Why does the option to buy only part of the package exist? Is the information available to RR but not being released because it wasn't paid for?

I agree it sounds ridiculous to pay up to a few hundred million for a plane and then not pay the extra for the monitoring module but the airline industry is very cut throat. Most airlines are cutting costs to the bare minimum because they are losing money. I doesn't surprise me an airline in financial difficulties has decided not to pay the extra for monitoring.

The last time I was on a plane everything single thing cost extra they are even considering charging customers to go to the toilet on one airline here in the UK.

There is the last known picture of the Malaysian Airlines MH370 plane just after it took off in this new Daily Mail article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...crash-theory-going-come-REAL-information.html

So, I am only recently tuning in to CNN to catch up on what has happened today - right now they are reporting that the US is sending a destroyer and advanced surveillance plane to the strait/Indian ocean area. Seems to be a lot of action towards that direction.

No one may "know" what happened exactly, but I believe there is a ton of data out there -who knows what is relevant? - and people are just sorting though it looking for stuff. (Heck, someone at work was even talking about sophisticated civilian "whale location" audio and sonar that is apparently deployed all over oceans these days.)

I do not expect any country's intelligence to disclose definitive capabilities or sensitive data, but I expect most countries would make useful pieces of info available to search efforts as they become identified, slowly perhaps, deliberately, and through solid channels. Perhaps that is starting to happen.

Or maybe a whale watcher will crack it open. Or a cell phone company. Or someone on social media.

Well if it did crash/landed w/out survivor over there after flying four hours it will be very difficult to exactly knows what happens in the cockpit because the voice recorder only record the last 2.5 hours of the flight. Its probably going to be an extremely long investigation.

After hearing about the new search into the Indian Ocean, I give up on trying to catch up reading all the great posts.
I had even starting tagging the great maps you all have made so they would be handy.
I guess we will now need a brand new map.
I hope there are beachcombers out over their countries in search of pieces of the plane washing up on shore.
I also hope every mountain and jungle are also being searched.
Just trying to keep up with this every changing scenario in hopes of finding this plane and its 239 passengers and crew.

Oh my god that one that had one circle with the new reality from Rolls Royce showing the whole range of possiblities after it flying for another 4 hours was just

"lord, they have not been able to handle a bit of water from the beginning a quarter of the planet forget it!

Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours

Boeing offers a satellite service that can receive a stream of data during flight on how the aircraft is functioning. Malaysia Airlines didn't subscribe to that service, but the plane still had the capability of connecting with the satellite and was automatically sending pings, the official said.

The Boeing 777-200 wasn't transmitting data to the satellite, but was instead sending out a signal to establish contact.

Messages involving a different data service also were received from the airliner for a short time after the plane's transponder — a device used to identify the plane to radar — went silent, the official said.

More at link - http://news.yahoo.com/missing-plane...DMTBsNGg1aHNnBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwM0BHNlYwNzcg--

Corin Hoggard ‏@corinhoggard 2m
@ABC30 reporter in Fresno.

Disruption of communication from #MalaysiaAirlines flight 370 done in 2 separate acts, according to U.S. officials. Experts say deliberate.

Interesting that the U.S. is not saying more, although I suppose there may be reasons to keep things quiet in an international investigation. I tend to think we'll just find it in the ocean, no crazy conspiracy. The culture of a lot of foreign governments involves limited and disorganized communication with the public/other officials. They just don't have the infrastructure to handle these things, the regulations, or the traditions of open reporting.

Guests in the cockpit/smoking used to be common on US flights - we just react a lot more to incidents because we have so much media coverage and regulation, so now it's considered crazy. I'm sure a lot of pilots in other countries do not consider it a big deal, and I don't see that as significant at this point. We didn't even screen luggage until a few decades ago.

ETA: May have spoken too soon if the post above me is right and the US is now giving updates.

Weird question but would it be common knowledge how much fuel a plane has on a specific flight? If the plane was hijacked, could the hijackers have thought there would be more fuel onboard?

Searching the Indian Ocean almost suggests the US thinks it crashed out there. Perhaps that means they think it was a catastrophic electrical failure or decompression where the plane just flew until it ran out of fuel. But if it was hijacked, why fly the plane into the middle of the Indian Ocean and crash when on it's current flight path, there were any number of targets.

common knowledge how much fuel a plane has on a specific flight? If the plane was hijacked, could the hijackers have thought there would be more fuel onboard?

For folks like myself who love aviation there would be an awareness regarding diversion fuel requirements etc. It is not like it would be "secret" BUT with the economy , ha I just thought I do not know how many folks who hate flying want to know this" but safety margins have gotten really sketchy the last 5 years

It costs billions of dollors to fly around with reserves (weight) that you dont need so they cut it tight these days !

The reserve on this segment I think was two hours roughly (they have to calculate weight , winds aloft etc for each flight)

25 years ago fill r up if all goes well we turn around quicker cause we dont need gas no days I am thirsty give me some jet fuel!!!!!!!!!!

Well thanx a lot !! I am kidding you - but like I said earlier mad professor freaks me out and you just bought up another whole new angle to this

DOES ANYONE HAVE HIS NAME HE IS THE WHOLE KEY TO THIS

Its moved from a murder mystery without a body to a what is the main charactor up to??

Nothing good .............

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...-it-is-probing-uighur-passenger-crew-of-mh370

Then try to match up passenger list. I was doing it last night, but not today.

Malaysia might not have bought it but that does not mean Boeing didnt monitor it. Would that be kept secret if they did?

Boeing is a for profit company with shareholders, I highly doubt they monitor things to be nice, either the airline buys the module or it doesn't. Things may change after this but before it i don't think anyone imagined a plane could disappear for all this time.

jmo

CNN reporting now:

BREAKING NEWS
SOURCES: Plane could have headed over Indian Ocean

oh no

at the gym at California State Long Beach, to get into the gym, you put your hand onto a scanner. It scans your handprint and then the doors slide open if you are recognized.

and it thus far has taken the world 6 days to agree on what happened to a 300 ton machine something is off here!!!!!!!!!! So your safer at a gym than anywhere else !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500