Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Capt seems merciful. Freeing political prisoner as demand might be causing conflict within government. IDK throwing it out there.

We know very little about the pilot and his personality/values. I definitely would not use the word 'merciful' to describe a pilot who stole a passenger plane and held all passengers hostage. JMO

Why would the pilot say only "alright, goodnight?" If it truly was the pilot speaking, why would he possibly raise eyebrows by not doing the standard lingo, eg, (making this up): "roger, mh370, {stating location/frequency/whatever}, alright goodnight"?

If he was trying to hijack, he would do the standard closing to keep pretending things were BAU. If he was trying to alert ATC of a problem, he just had to say the code...unless he had a gun to his head and the hijacker warned him about saying the code.

This leads me toward the pilot not being the voice (for the moment).

Get around radar? Easy, if no one is paying attention! Apparently, they did avoid detection for HOURS in Malaysian airspace. jmo jmo

Yes, because all the plane's communication devices had been disabled.
I think it would have been easy for the plane to have landed somewhere without being detected.

respectfully snipped....
Malaysia police says still waiting for checks on passengers

I figured you guys (WSers) have already "checked" out all the passengers!! But I skipped over thread #6, so don't know if you guys did??

TIA!!

:seeya:

Why would the pilot say only "alright, goodnight?" If it truly was the pilot speaking, why would he possibly raise eyebrows by not doing the standard lingo, eg, (making this up): "roger, mh370, {stating location/frequency/whatever}, alright goodnight"?

If he was trying to hijack, he would do the standard closing to keep pretending things were BAU. If he was trying to alert ATC of a problem, he just had to say the code...unless he had a gun to his head and the hijacker warned him about saying the code.

I used to listen to pilots on the radios when flying United Airlines and it is very common for them to talk that way.

respectfully snipped....

I figured you guys (WSers) have already "checked" out all the passengers!! But I skipped over thread #6, so don't know if you guys did??

TIA!!

Since the passengers are considered victims at this point, we can't sleuth them, I don't think. I did look at the manifest that was released, and there were two things that stood out to me. One being there were 3 different last names that each had greater than 15 people with that name. Second being there were 3 people with the exact same name.

For example: Last name Arnold..(there were NO Arnold's listed on the flight!) There were 19 people with that last name. With just 3 different last names, that's almost 60 people!! What a tragedy all around, even more so if those people are indeed family members that were onboard! :tantrum:

Some of the initial reporting on the sharp climb then descent may not have been exactly correct. Read this carefully:

"The New York Times, quoting American officials and others close to the investigation, said radar signals recorded by the Malaysian military appeared to show the airliner climbing to 45,000ft, higher than a Boeing 777's approved limit, soon after its disappearance from civilian radar, then making a sharp turn to the west. The radar tracking then shows the plane descending unevenly to 23,000ft, below normal cruising levels, before climbing again and flying north-west towards the Indian Ocean."

IF this information is correct, there was no 40,000ft. drop. The plane climbed to 45,000ft. - higher than approved limit, but plane obviously capable of this. The plane then apparently made the turn to the west at this altitude. Then it descended - unevenly - meaning what? It did not plummet down. It came down in steps?

From 45,000 down to 23,000 ft. is a drop of 22,000 ft. - not 40,000.

I like your theory, but (all bold my own)...

He reports at the airport for duty that evening. He learns his co-pilot is to be the guy who was recently reprimanded by the airline for breaching cockpit safety by having females in the cockpit during a flight. This does not particularly please him. He is not in a good mood anyway.

I thought this came out after the plane had gone missing - i.e. Malaysia Airways said they were 'shocked' by the allegations and started investigations

He and his wife had an argument before he left home earlier that evening. She accused him of spending too many hours in front of his flight simulator.
I understand from other posts (and news) that the story re his wife and family leaving the house the day before the flight to be a red herring - that his children were grown up and they had 2 houses

This is when the pilot turns off the second communication system. In his anger and frustration, somehow "the game" begins. The Pilot enters the well rehearsed coordinates of "the game" into the autopilot.

Recent news reports suggest that it would need someone with military aviation (rather than commercial) experience to navigate the route the plane flew - although that doesn't necessarily preclude an experienced pilot with terrorist sympathies...

The co-pilot returns to the cockpit. The Pilot tells him he has just received directions to divert the flight due to ground problems. He tells the co-pilot that he has already programmed the needed changes into the autopilot. That they may need to return to the original airport. The co-pilot does not question this.

The Pilot instructs the co-pilot to make a calm announcement to the passengers about the diversion. "Assure them there is nothing wrong with the plane" he says, "just say there is some ground problem." The co-pilot follows instructions and makes the announcement. This pacifies the passengers and the flight attendants.

I can believe the passengers wouldn't be aware of a change in course - only extremes in altitude - but other posters have confirmed that the flight crew would know the route very well - would none of them have asked what was going on "on the ground" and questioned the explanation?
At some point the co-pilot FINALLY realizes something is very, very wrong. He attempts to call ATC but gets no response. Nothing! He turns to the Pilot and asks "What is going on? What have you done?"

The two men begin to struggle. The co-pilot attempts to manually take control of the plane. The plane ascends steeply, then descends sharply. Finally it regains altitude and levels. The Pilot sat passively in his seat as the co-pilot struggled to control the plane.

The Pilot realizes what he has done. He has played the ultimate game. As the co-pilot busies himself reprogramming the autopilot in order to get them back home safely, the Pilot calmly reaches out and shuts off the oxygen supply to both the cockpit and the cabin......

Sorry, just seems unlikely to me that the copilot would have left it so long before questioning anything. He might be considerably younger than the captain, but you don't get to fly a commercial jet without having considerable flying experience - it's not like he was a trainee nervous about challenging his teacher

JIMO

New thread is open:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10340994#post10340994"]Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #8 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

This thread will close in 10 minutes...

I'm going with something kind of like AlwaysShocked's theory page 39 and that this was his voice. I also imagine they know by now if it's his voice or not?

I loved all his (he had one on propeller aircraft too).
He teamed up with a great illustrator each chapter was rivoting.

Air Disaster Volume 1
By: MacArthur Job
» Details/Purchase

Air Disaster Volume 2
» Details/Purchase

Air Disaster Volume 3
» Details/Purchase

http://www.airdisaster.com/store/

This one too
Aviation Disasters: The World's Major Civil Airliner Crashes Since 1950 [Hardcover]
David Gero
David Gero (Author)
› Visit Amazon's David Gero Page

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Aviation-Disasters-Worlds-Airliner-Crashes/dp/0750931469"]Aviation Disasters: The World's Major Civil Airliner Crashes Since 1950: David Gero: 9780750931465: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51mSSWPduZL.@@AMEPARAM@@51mSSWPduZL[/ame]

This one was neat
On a Wing and a Prayer: Interviews with Airline Disaster Survivors by Malcolm MacPherson

MAYDAY: Accident Reports and Voice …
›Marion F. Sturkey

What about Australia and their radr, surely they have radar. If it did go south they should show a blip or two, no?

respectfully snipped....

TIA!!

Not allowed as they are victims until the mainstream media comes out with information on them. ;) However, the pilots and the Iranian fake passport men have been in the msm.

respectfully snipped....

TIA!!

It's against TOS here to sleuth the passengers. We can only discuss what has been mentioned in the media.

It is sad to contemplate but if this was taken by terrorists, their goal would more likely have been to gain the airplane as opposed to wanting 200 hostages.

Terrorists kill people. It is what they do. Men, women and children.

Of course that is correct. My speculation regarding the plane having landed somewhere (with the entire purpose being to have the airplane itself for some further use) is getting over 200 people off the aircraft, executing them in whatever manner, and disposing of them. Certainly Malaysia Airlines isn't the only carrier they could have hijacked, and certainly there are other flights that don't have as many on board. That is why it appears, in my opinion, the intent was not to safely land the airplane somewhere in order to have it for whatever future purpose.

MOO

Since the passengers are considered victims at this point, we can't sleuth them, I don't think. I did look at the manifest that was released, and there were two things that stood out to me. One being there were 3 different last names that each had greater than 15 people with that name. Second being there were 3 people with the exact same name.

For example: Last name Arnold..(there were NO Arnold's listed on the flight!) There were 19 people with that last name. With just 3 different last names, that's almost 60 people!! What a tragedy all around, even more so if those people are indeed family members that were onboard! :tantrum:

That's because those last names are common in China. Kind of like Smith and Jones in the US.

We know very little about the pilot and his personality/values. I definitely would not use the word 'merciful' to describe a pilot who stole a passenger plane and held all passengers hostage. JMO
No one knows for a fact the pilot stole this jet and held anyone hostage. His family is putting out information about his personality and values, but we have no way to know if it truly represents his character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52