Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are Great Whites in that area. There are also Reef Sharks, Blacktip Sharks, and Tiger Sharks. Although I think Tiger Sharks are plankton eating sharks. Leatherback turtles eat flesh as well. Seagulls and other sea birds will eat flesh. Pretty sure there are sea snakes too, but they might live in the warmer parts of the Indian Ocean.

I don't even want to know what else lives below the surface in the deep dark parts of the Ocean...

Tigers are right up there in the top 10 of sharks that will go after a person.
I think number 3 after 1)Bulls & 2) Great Whites.
Most of the attacks in Hawaii are by Tigers Sharks IIRC.

Not that any of them are true "man eaters", they just have been known to bite, and I suppose if really hungry maybe consume.

ETA- You can track tagged sharks at this site (majority of them are Great Whites)- http://www.ocearch.org/#science
I check in on this one often, interesting to watch where they roam.

It's not like searching in a lake. The average depth is nearly 4 kms. We have seen reports of 10 story high swells, dense cloud and cyclonic winds. How are they going to spot a sneaker in that? It would be a fluke if that happens. We've discussed what sea life will do to the bodies. It's tragic but finding bodies at this stage is unlikely, imo.

I came to the USA by boat during a bad storm.
WHILE it is storming for days the boat was rocking left, right and felt like it may go over any minute. I know a storm at sea really well and will never forget it.
Then we did have some calmer days between two major storms, and you can see a sneaker in the sea absolutely. You can also see strong waves.
Today they have equipment that we did not have in 1958 and ys they can zppm in and see far better.

There are Great Whites in that area. There are also Reef Sharks, Blacktip Sharks, and Tiger Sharks. Although I think Tiger Sharks are plankton eating sharks. Leatherback turtles eat flesh as well. Seagulls and other sea birds will eat flesh. Pretty sure there are sea snakes too, but they might live in the warmer parts of the Indian Ocean.

I don't even want to know what else lives below the surface in the deep dark parts of the Ocean...
WOW...and thanks
I came here by boat we had one calm day where people actually jumped into the sea yes the captain allowed it, but that was 1958.
SO I never thought of Sharkes....

WHILE it is storming for days the boat was rocking left, right and felt like it may go over any minute. I know a storm at sea really well and will never forget it.
Then we did have some calmer days between two major storms, and you can see a sneaker in the sea absolutely. You can also see strong waves.
Today they have equipment that we did not have in 1958 and ys they can zppm in and see far better.

My husband has sailed in the Indian Ocean the currents and the swells can be 30 to 40 feet and I'm not talking about just in a storm.

As for seeing a tennis shoe in the water- very doubtful and you would have to be right on top of it.

My husband has sailed in the Indian Ocean the currents and the swells can be 30 to 40 feet and I'm not talking about just in a storm.

As for seeing a tennis shoe in the water- very doubtful and you would have to be right on top of it.

A reporter tonight mentioned a search pilot telling her that on a calm day under the best conditions, the ocean search area resembled a washing machine with all its churning. (I assumed he meant a top-loader. ;) )

It's not like searching in a lake. The average depth is nearly 4 kms. We have seen reports of 10 story high swells, dense cloud and cyclonic winds. How are they going to spot a sneaker in that? It would be a fluke if that happens. We've discussed what sea life will do to the bodies. It's tragic but finding bodies at this stage is unlikely, imo.

So I think the weather just changed, I had seen some pictures of
clear waters before the weekend.
(I was in a play-fund raiser this weekend so I stoped reading)
but before the weekend I think the weather was not cyclonic at all.

I dont know the Indean ocean.
I do know the Meditaranian Sea, the Atlantic ocean.

My daughters are not accepting any story, and have the theory that governments know how to take over planes in flight and did it. I think it was an accident, no terrorism, and still a possibility of pilot involvement.

Tony Abbott PM is addressing parliament now in regards to latest, is offering Malaysia all assistance they need and full cooperation, and welcomes any of the relatives that wish to come over for the recovery, and offers his condolences. It has now moved from a search to a recovery and investigation. Bill Shorten now speaking reiterating those thoughts and thanking our service men and women, and says this situation has brought nations together in the search effort.

Onto petty BS about 'bigotry in Australia' debate, everyone offended and Question Time sinks into it's usual state of chaos.

The search area is enormous. 27,000 square kms is just the area Australia narrowed it down it to. I'm sure a sneaker is visible if its floating on top in calm waters. That makes it sound like looking for a sneaker someone just threw overboard, not a plane crash 3 weeks ago. After 3 weeks they would be water logged and probably not bobbing on the surface. The chances of a sneaker still floating and the searchers being in the right place at the right time are very low, imo. It's these kinds of distortions that detract from the complexity of the search, and help conspiracy theories thrive.

My daughters are not accepting any story, and have the theory that governments know how to take over planes in flight and did it. I think it was an accident, no terrorism, and still a possibility of pilot involvement.
I want to meet your daughters, they sound like some girls I would enjoy talking to.
I believe non of it. nothing, nada, BS.

Guys, I'm sorry, I'm just catching up, and jumping ahead, but is it possible to disable all the Tapatalk promos / siggys? They're kind of off-putting in such a serious discussion. TIA.

So let me get this straight. Malaysian officials have declared everyone dead and said that they are in the Indian Ocean. They are basing this on satellite images.

Now, they will likely not be able to even get to these images due to a bad storm and even once the storm has abated, it is likely that those images may not even be located to determine if they are of the missing plane.

Ok, so what's wrong with this picture? It does not take a MENSA member to see that something is fundamentally wrong with this proposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marie93