Forecasters Are Already Predicting a Massive Tornado Outbreak This Weekend

That's one of the scariest things about these tornados. Usually after the sun goes down the tornado loses energy and starts to wind down. This batch isn't. Tornados are happening all night long.

Nighttime tornados are seen as more dangerous by meterologists. First you can't see them coming. If you are driving down the road you could drive right into one before you know it. And eventually you do have to sleep sometime. If you are asleep you may not wake until the storm is on top of you.

There is an app for that! The weather channel and many local TV weather have put out apps that will notify you of any tornados in your area. Might be a good thing to have during tornado season. The app sets off an alarm if tornados are reported in your area.

I am in Southwest Georgia. When I got up this morning around 6:30 I could see outside just fine, but now it is as dark as if it was in the middle of the night.

We are in an 89 county Tornado Watch area. That includes your area Sonya. Please be alert and take cover immediately if necessary.

Already we have had torrential downpours, high winds, countless lightning strikes, and thunder. It is suppose to worsen as the day goes on around mid day and then another round later tonight. Winds could be up to 75 miles an hour, spawning several tornadoes, and golf ball size hail. There will be flash flooding since we are expected to get up to 6 inches of rainfall today. That means tall huge trees will topple over too in the coming days.:( The Governor has already declared a state of emergency.

I just heard on the national news that our local area in Georgia could receive the brunt of the massive storms today.:(

May I ask any poster who will... to please pray for me, my family, friends, and all other citizens in our area? I would appreciate any prayers that can be given. TIA

I am praying very hard for all citizens everywhere in the eastern states, no matter where they may be or what state, who may be in the path of these terrible storms today.

My heart is with the ones who have lost loved ones in other states due to these monster tornadoes.

May God be with each of them who have survived ...who know they have lost precious loved ones who can never be replaced, and also will have to rebuild the homes and businesses lost.

Oceanblueeyes you still hanging in there?

I'm so glad our WS folks are OK, and I'm praying for everyone affected by these storms.

I'm afraid :( We get ours tonight overnight and then again tomorrow. I keep trying to tell myself that the actual forecast looks like a lot of our forecasts in my area -- or even better! I just have a lot of huge, old trees, so I do tend to worry about storms :( I was outside already this year with gusts of 65mph that came suddenly, so I'm a bit scared of wind and the national coverage is freaking me out.

I was in a tornado here my senior year of high school, right beside one that touched down by the parking lot I was in. Seeing all that damage has freaked me out ever since, darnit.

Well, I have my little area set up and will just wait and see, I guess. I do hate that, though! My prayers go out to everyone still in the paths, and I hope the storms aren't as bad as they think they could be. Come on, stable air!

Everybody should have a NOAA weather radio, it has an alarm that would wake the dead if a tornado is coming your way. Go buy one today!

I'm so glad our WS folks are OK, and I'm praying for everyone affected by these storms.

I'm afraid :( We get ours tonight overnight and then again tomorrow. I keep trying to tell myself that the actual forecast looks like a lot of our forecasts in my area -- or even better! I just have a lot of huge, old trees, so I do tend to worry about storms :( I was outside already this year with gusts of 65mph that came suddenly, so I'm a bit scared of wind and the national coverage is freaking me out.

I was in a tornado here my senior year of high school, right beside one that touched down by the parking lot I was in. Seeing all that damage has freaked me out ever since, darnit.

Well, I have my little area set up and will just wait and see, I guess. I do hate that, though! My prayers go out to everyone still in the paths, and I hope the storms aren't as bad as they think they could be. Come on, stable air!

It must be soooo unnerving. Be safe and keep us posted when it's safe for you to do so.

My grandson is at Camp Lejeune, NC. I warned him about the tornado warnings. He said not to worry but I always worry. Someone posted about the apps for a alert. Thank you!

Still searching for a missing child in Louisville, MS.

@FowlerSarah: Winston County Coroner Scott Gregory said task force suspended search for the night but MS Wildlife stepped in to look for missing boy.

Still searching for a missing child in Louisville, MS.

@FowlerSarah: Winston County Coroner Scott Gregory said task force suspended search for the night but MS Wildlife stepped in to look for missing boy.

Is he missing due to the storm? How old is he?

This is where my youngest daughter lives, although she is in town, not the country..

Attachments

• NWS Tornado near Union City, TN.jpg
    NWS Tornado near Union City, TN.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 14
One just is leaving us right now. Phew! It was just really heavy, sudden rain and not much else, thank God. I'm beginning to believe the wind gust forecasts, which aren't so bad!

Flooding is certainly looking to be a problem, but I've already arranged/cautioned for nobody to drive tomorrow if the storms are as strong as they say they'll be. I live on a high elevation and kind of an actual big hill, so the only flooding I get at the house is in my carport ;) I think I can deal with that, lol.

Yes, thank you-she is fine. I think I was more scared than she was!

One just is leaving us right now. Phew! It was just really heavy, sudden rain and not much else, thank God. I'm beginning to believe the wind gust forecasts, which aren't so bad!

Flooding is certainly looking to be a problem, but I've already arranged/cautioned for nobody to drive tomorrow if the storms are as strong as they say they'll be. I live on a high elevation and kind of an actual big hill, so the only flooding I get at the house is in my carport ;) I think I can deal with that, lol.

So glad to hear from you and that all is good :seeya:

Yeah the storm missed us entirely too! We were supposed to get hit hard yesterday starting around noon until this morning. Weather.com kept pushing back the time the storm would hit and well...it just never did!

They say we are supposed to have heavy thunderstorms today, there is a light rain but we will see what happens. Much less worried that I was yesterday.

Sonya, I am downstate from you & we are getting hammered right now. My weather-watching lab got me up well before the CodeRed call. I gave him a weenie (stuffed with tranquilizer) so maybe we get a little more sleep.

If this keeps up, instead of a pond on one side of my property, I'll be living on an island.... wish I had an inflatable palm & some plastic flamingos.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abbeybabzxx
Back