Forecasters Are Already Predicting a Massive Tornado Outbreak This Weekend

Praying for everyone. Be safe :please:

In the woods close to my house is a family graveyard where 4 family members (mother and her 3 children) were killed during the "Enigma Outbreak of 1884". The tornado also killed her infant (never found) and several servants/farm hands.

In two days 50+ tornadoes devastated the south from MS to GA to NC with an estimated 400+ dead and many large homes and farms destroyed. Considering the fact the population was MUCH MUCH lower especially in rural areas that is a tremendous amount of damage.

I think about that family every time we have a tornado watch.

Regardless I am staying busy doing dishes and laundry in case we lose power for a day or two. No storm shelter or basement here so if we hear a "train coming" the pups and I will be sheltering in the bathroom and closet (and praying for grace!).

(ETA I had better go straighten up that closet now so we could all fit!)

No matter how much we advance, no matter how much we try to be proactive in our own safety there is still much we can't control.

http://www.severestudios.com/

The map looks much different, much better today. Surprisingly it looks like the storm chasers have left Georgia. Either that or they are getting some much needed sleep. They are moving into the east coast and Fla though.

Last night I saw something on weather.com that gave tips in case you think a tornado is a real possibility.

I never thought of these things so I found it useful -- if you take shelter and survive you may leave your hiding spot to realize EVERYTHING YOU OWN is gone except the clothes you are wearing!

They said if at all possible dress appropriately and wear decent shoes. Grab your wallet, cell phone, and other critical items in case the worst happens. I would also add think about your animals and make SURE they are wearing ID (a felt tip marker can write your number on their collar if you can't bother to get them tags).

Last night I saw something on weather.com that gave tips in case you think a tornado is a real possibility.

I never thought of these things so I found it useful -- if you take shelter and survive you may leave your hiding spot to realize EVERYTHING YOU OWN is gone except the clothes you are wearing!

They said if at all possible dress appropriately and wear decent shoes. Grab your wallet, cell phone, and other critical items in case the worst happens. I would also add think about your animals and make SURE they are wearing ID (a felt tip marker can write your number on their collar if you can't bother to get them tags).

My cousins home was destroyed this weekend in a tornado her son and husband and self hid in tub with mattress on top after tornado passed they got out of tub.. Nothing left except the tub and bathroom wall.. So lucky!

So sorry to hear of more loss of life. Grateful many survived Mother Natures wrath.

My cousins home was destroyed this weekend in a tornado her son and husband and self hid in tub with mattress on top after tornado passed they got out of tub.. Nothing left except the tub and bathroom wall.. So lucky!

It seems so odd when someone has lost everything to say they were so lucky, lol. But I agree, they were extremely lucky! Glad they made it through.

I've always heard the bathroom was a good place to be. Not only does the tub give some protection but the pipes in the walls help too.

Tornados are so weird. They can demolish a house, but leave the one next door untouched. Destroy most of a home but leave one room standing.

Hubby and I were discussing it last night. It has to be such a terrifying surreal experience. Of course one would be happy to survive but to look out and see a war zone in your neighbourhood is just unfathomable.

Hubby and I were discussing it last night. It has to be such a terrifying surreal experience. Of course one would be happy to survive but to look out and see a war zone in your neighbourhood is just unfathomable.

A thirty second war. Most tornados don't last long but can leave total devastation behind.

I'm in Birmingham. Tornado hit Bessemer last night literally a mile from me. I was standing outside during the whole thing and had no idea there was even a tornado that close. There was no wind, no noise, no debris.. It was so quiet, it was creepy. I'm still in shock that it was that close and I had no idea. Praying for everyone in these storms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a bit of an update from my area in Mississippi. Sadly, the death toll has risen to 11 deaths. Many more are injured and missing. My daughter has two friends whose families have lost their homes. One was in Louisville the other in Scott county. They lost every chicken house, which was their business. The mom is in ICU with fractured vertebrae and head injuries. My daughters friend has minor head injuries, fractured ribs, multiple gashes requiring stitches and oddly a road rash on her legs. I'm guessing she was dragged/pulled? That wasn't even in a county with extensive damage. We are on edge because we aren't done yet. More coming through this afternoon. Keep in mind, basements are an a oddity here. Almost no one has them because we are closer to sea level here and our ground water table is too high. Safe rooms and underground shelters are becoming more prevalent, but are not widespread.

@vince_webb: Preliminary reports indicate at least EF4 damage in the Louisville vicinity and at least EF3 damage in Rankin County. Survey not finished.

And a miracle for you:
@WLBT_DKenney: A 4 yr old was found ALIVE in the rubble of Ruth's daycare off Hwy 14 this morning, that was destroyed in tornado. http://t.co/wqezeghVkX

The lady who cared for the children, Ruth, sadly died in the storm.

We are so sad today with all of the death and destruction, but we have a strong backbone here and people are already mobilizing to help their neighbors.

We will fill a laundry basket with lockbox, one of our laptops, important papers, purse, my jewelry etc and leave it by the top of the stairs to the basement, or take it to the basement.
Then if we needed to run to the basement it's easy to grab and take downstairs.

Thank goodness the dogs don't need any help getting downstairs...just open the door a crack and our brave pooches race to safety!

We are ok.....It did get scary hearing all the tornados on the ground my youngest started crying.

One of the salesmen daughter lives in Villonia, their house is 800 yards from the 56 home neighborhood that got leveled. They had some damage. I do think their house was leveled in the tornado of 3 years ago. They have 2 children, the 2 kids that were killed was in a house on the outskirt of that neighborhood. Her kids were friends with the kids that got killed and they played together all the time. My oldest daughter has a friend, his Aunt lived in Villonia and was killed in the tornado.

Just get through the next few hrs Ctkid. A few more hours.

And it is snowing in Wisconsin. April...... the month with April Fools Day, snow and tornados.

Its passed now....Sunday night was the crazy night for me and into Monday morning in my area. The weather radio went off at 4:00 a.m. and the storm hit me at 4:30 in the morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back