Forecasters Are Already Predicting a Massive Tornado Outbreak This Weekend

Sonya, I am downstate from you & we are getting hammered right now. My weather-watching lab got me up well before the CodeRed call. I gave him a weenie (stuffed with tranquilizer) so maybe we get a little more sleep.

If this keeps up, instead of a pond on one side of my property, I'll be living on an island.... wish I had an inflatable palm & some plastic flamingos.

LOL...I hear you about weather watching dogs. At 4 am I heard panting and pacing and when I realized it was the Coonhound I knew the storm was coming back. He also got some sedatives and then he squeezed himself under the bed, he may be stuck but until he complains I am leaving him there.

Incredible! When we vacationed in Pensacola several years ago we arrived during a tropical storm which dumped 6-8 inches of rain in 24 hours. The vacation rental office parking lot had water passed my ankles!

Weather Channel is reporting some areas of Pensacola had up to 20 inches of rain in 24 hours. Some people were chopping a hole in their attics or roofs to escape the rising water.

Escambia County spokesman Bill Pearson says rescue crews can't respond to some calls early Wednesday because of road flooding around Pensacola. He says some people have climbed into attics because of rising waters.

The county is moving boats and jet skis from beaches to streets for rescues.

National Weather Service meteorologist Phil Grigsby estimated early Wednesday that 15 to 20 inches of rain had fallen in Pensacola in the past 24 hours, with a few more expected.

http://m.fox17.com/news/Now:_Flooding_on_Fl._Panhandle,_Al._Gulf_Coast?mobileredirect=true

The link did not work...

Sorry Trigger. Try google with Pensacola News Journal. I tried the link in my post and it worked for me. Sometimes I can't get links other posters can access. Don't understand why.

Highway 90 has some pretty bad damage along it in Pensacola. Some people stranded on I-10 for over 10 hours!

I am in Southwest Georgia. When I got up this morning around 6:30 I could see outside just fine, but now it is as dark as if it was in the middle of the night.

We are in an 89 county Tornado Watch area. That includes your area Sonya. Please be alert and take cover immediately if necessary.

Already we have had torrential downpours, high winds, countless lightning strikes, and thunder. It is suppose to worsen as the day goes on around mid day and then another round later tonight. Winds could be up to 75 miles an hour, spawning several tornadoes, and golf ball size hail. There will be flash flooding since we are expected to get up to 6 inches of rainfall today. That means tall huge trees will topple over too in the coming days.:( The Governor has already declared a state of emergency.

I just heard on the national news that our local area in Georgia could receive the brunt of the massive storms today.:(

May I ask any poster who will... to please pray for me, my family, friends, and all other citizens in our area? I would appreciate any prayers that can be given. TIA

I am praying very hard for all citizens everywhere in the eastern states, no matter where they may be or what state, who may be in the path of these terrible storms today.

My heart is with the ones who have lost loved ones in other states due to these monster tornadoes.

May God be with each of them who have survived ...who know they have lost precious loved ones who can never be replaced, and also will have to rebuild the homes and businesses lost.

Im worried for you? Are you ok??

I'm in Pensacola and the flooding is catastrophic. I don't have any damage, but there are bridges washed out, roads buckled/washed out, homes and schools damaged - people were swept away by the rushing water and others were rescued from their rooftops. Blessedly, only 1 death has been attributed to the flooding. I'm originally from Arkansas, so my heart is heavy for both of my beloved states - please keep the citizens in your prayers.

I'm in Pensacola and the flooding is catastrophic. I don't have any damage, but there are bridges washed out, roads buckled/washed out, homes and schools damaged - people were swept away by the rushing water and others were rescued from their rooftops. Blessedly, only 1 death has been attributed to the flooding. I'm originally from Arkansas, so my heart is heavy for both of my beloved states - please keep the citizens in your prayers.

My heart is with you! I once lived there and loved it so much. I've been getting photos and video from friends all day. My heart is broken! We have our own tornado clean up going on right now in my town. All of this devastation is too much to handle.

My heart is with you! I once lived there and loved it so much. I've been getting photos and video from friends all day. My heart is broken! We have our own tornado clean up going on right now in my town. All of this devastation is too much to handle.

I love my city by the bay! Sending healing thoughts to you and your family/community..I dread the upcoming hurricane season - Mother Nature is mad at someone!

I heard on the evening news that there is reporting of looting going on in the areas that have been hit by the storms. Not sure which are they were talking about.

If a person gets caught doing that they should be put under the jail house. That is the lowest of the lowest you can get. Looting someone's home that has already been destroyed in such a manner as this. Terrible!

Searches in Louisville, Mississippi have found the body of the missing 8 year old boy. He was baptized just last Sunday.
@crabblers: Tyler Tucker's body has been found according to the family pastor Mason Joy. #louisville #missingchildfound

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back