GUILTY OR - Latia Harris charged in beating caught on video, Salem, 2014

No one deserves to be beaten.

Does it mitigate this at all - that the victim was at her place of work spreading rumors to her coworkers that the attacker was having an affair with the boss? The victim here doesn't seem to take any responsibility - at all - for the fact that apparently the attacker called her several times over the course of the previous few days. I wonder if the victim had just owned up, told her friends it wasn't true, if the attacker wouldn't have backed off.

This is extremely coarse behavior on the part of the attacker. If I were the judge in this case I'd be interested to hear more about the victim spreading this rumor.

And I do agree with the victim - the onlookers were children. I can't imagine a child stepping up and stopping that enormous woman from attacking. But they could have called 911.

bbm

That's the reason I found it hard to respond beyond ''hope she got an order of protection" because this whole thing is gutter sniping .... bottom line is this nasty attack was provoked.

Mitigation my behind. Is no one anymore capable of responding to rumors like an adult? As in, gee I don't know, TALKING ABOUT IT?

I cannot believe anyone saying this is acceptable civil behavior.

I'm always surprised at how low life people attack each other physically all the time, or threaten to attack each other all the time. I just never see people punching each other as a means to work through their personal issues in my own life circles.

I guess watching Jerry Springer and YouTube postings, you see it's common. :(

When I first glanced at this article I thought this was a random attack of some poor hapless mom out at McDonalds for the day when this huge angry stranger assaults her out of nowhere.

What if what the perp said is true - that this could cost her her job? She's a single mother of two, and here was this woman coming to her work place spreading a rumor that could get her fired and then (reading between the lines) refuses to acknowledge it and take it back?

I guess my question is "who deserves to have their job threatened by someone gossiping about them having an affair with the boss?"
I've certainly heard of people punched for less reason than that.
Two things: 1) I worked briefly in a juvenile psychiatric facility doing language therapy. When I would ask these kids how they would verbally tell someone off, the common response was, "I wouldn't. I'd just punch 'em"!!!
2) The Springer mentality- DH & I are suing someone in small claims court- her dogs bit mine and my dog bled all over my car. She paid the vet bill, but refused to pay the cleaning bills to get out the blood stains. I've received two letters- one "urgent" from producers of court-type shows and just today one phone call. "But why don't you want to appear on TV?" As if everyone is that lowlife to want to.

Mitigation my behind. Is no one anymore capable of responding to rumors like an adult? As in, gee I don't know, TALKING ABOUT IT?

more disturbing, or equally at least is the implication the victim is just "low life" or "gutter" or otherwise some sort of person undeserving of human compassion and caring. Poverty does not mean people are low lifes, neither does a lower education. And that goes for either side in this case.

more disturbing, or equally at least is the implication the victim is just "low life" or "gutter" or otherwise some sort of person undeserving of human compassion and caring. Poverty does not mean people are low lifes, neither does a lower education. And that goes for either side in this case.

When I said "low life" I was referring to the attacker.

Do you not see her that way? She's doing a beat down on this woman who spread lies about her.

I don't know how much money she has in the bank - that's "low life" in my book!

Two things: 1) I worked briefly in a juvenile psychiatric facility doing language therapy. When I would ask these kids how they would verbally tell someone off, the common response was, "I wouldn't. I'd just punch 'em"!!!
2) The Springer mentality- DH & I are suing someone in small claims court- her dogs bit mine and my dog bled all over my car. She paid the vet bill, but refused to pay the cleaning bills to get out the blood stains. I've received two letters- one "urgent" from producers of court-type shows and just today one phone call. "But why don't you want to appear on TV?" As if everyone is that lowlife to want to.

Haha DON'T DO IT!! RUNNN!!!

I actually know two people who've gone on Daytime TV - one in Judge Wapner's court and one on Jerry Springer. No matter how normal you are going in to that situation, you will NOT win! ;D

Haha DON'T DO IT!! RUNNN!!!

I actually know two people who've gone on Daytime TV - one in Judge Wapner's court and one on Jerry Springer. No matter how normal you are going in to that situation, you will NOT win! ;D
The shows are: Hot Bench and Judge Mathis. Neither of which I've watched. But.... I could win an all expense-paid trip to Chicago or L.A.!

Pretty sad when the most intelligent person in the vicinity is FOUR YEARS old!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree with you more!

Civilized people do not respond by pounding the crap out of other human beings. ;)

Mature adults learn to ''read the crowd'' -- insulting a hothead isn't a good plan.

I am disgusted that this violent act occurred.

I couldn't agree with you more!

Civilized people do not respond by pounding the crap out of other human beings. ;)

civilized folks are careful of rumor mongering to hurt others at work too --

We agree

I am saying both women were both wrong and two wrongs don't make it right.

Hearing that little boy cry for his mommy, and then actually try to defend her, just broke my heart. No kid should watch as his mother is beaten up and laying on the ground. He had more brains and more guts than any of the useless bystanders.

IMO) Equally disturbing is anyone who attempts to justify this savage behavior by making feeble excuses for that vicious attacker. I hope they find her and send her to jail for a long, long time.

Mature adults learn to ''read the crowd'' -- insulting a hothead isn't a good plan.

I am disgusted that this violent act occurred.

love you to pieces and we usually agree but to me that makes about as much sense at the rape victim being chided for wearing a low-cut blouse to the club when she knew it would be packed with horny men.

on this subject we do not agree.

Gossiping is in poor taste.

It does not mean someone shoulda known better than to gossip about one who can kick her arse.

Besides, I do not put much stock in anything that horrible woman was saying as she beat the tar out of her coworker in front of an apathetic crowd and the victim's own toddler. IME people who behave this way do so when they are not justified and when they think they are. Rarely would I agree with their assessment of justified.

Even if I believe the victim gossiped about the attacker, it does not come close to mitigating this:

"You better get your son before I kick him in the f---ing face, too," Harris allegedly yells in the video.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/2...rutal-attack-caught-on-video/?intcmp=trending

The warrant also says that Harris was "threatening to shoot the victim while punching her about the face."

The warrant also charges her with attempting to kick Ferreira's son in the face.

Pelura said Ferreira told police a woman named "Tia" who works at McDonald's on East Broadway in the city assaulted her and "accused her of spreading rumors about her (Harris) and her manager." In the video the suspect is dressed in what appears to be a McDonald's restaurant employee uniform — a burgundy shirt and black pants.

http://www.nj.com/salem/index.ssf/2...latia_harris_still_sought_by_authorities.html

love you to pieces and we usually agree but to me that makes about as much sense at the rape victim being chided for wearing a low-cut blouse to the club when she knew it would be packed with horny men.

on this subject we do not agree.

Gossiping is in poor taste.

It does not mean someone shoulda known better than to gossip about one who can kick her arse.

Besides, I do not put much stock in anything that horrible woman was saying as she beat the tar out of her coworker in front of an apathetic crowd and the victim's own toddler. IME people who behave this way do so when they are not justified and when they think they are. Rarely would I agree with their assessment of justified.

Even if I believe the victim gossiped about the attacker, it does not come close to mitigating this:

"You better get your son before I kick him in the f---ing face, too," Harris allegedly yells in the video.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/2...rutal-attack-caught-on-video/?intcmp=trending

The warrant also says that Harris was "threatening to shoot the victim while punching her about the face."

The warrant also charges her with attempting to kick Ferreira's son in the face.

Pelura said Ferreira told police a woman named "Tia" who works at McDonald's on East Broadway in the city assaulted her and "accused her of spreading rumors about her (Harris) and her manager." In the video the suspect is dressed in what appears to be a McDonald's restaurant employee uniform — a burgundy shirt and black pants.

http://www.nj.com/salem/index.ssf/2...latia_harris_still_sought_by_authorities.html

I'm with you on the blaming the victim --- totally get that.
When I read the accounts of the history between these two (they have worked together in two locations) they have been baiting and sniping for some time.
Verbal abuse is just as heinous as physical abuse and some would say she was bullying by spreading rumors. A vicious mind and mean mouth can really hurt as much as a punch.

I do not condone the violent fierce attack on this woman and the fact that she threatened that poor boy is not forgivable.

I believe the victim should be getting an order of protection but I would also hope that she reflects deeply on her own actions too.

Workplace bullying creates a horrid toxic environment for everyone.

We can agree (video) that the attacker was using verbal as well as physical assault to terrorize the victim.

We also know that the victim has terrorized the current attacker by making potentially dangerous comments to the attacker that could potentially threaten her financial stability (her job/reputation)...again don't have the actual sound bytes.

It's kind of like poking a wounded animal eventually it will strike back.

I would like to know more about the history of issues between these gals. While I doubt it will mitigate in my own mind I can't know til I have all the facts to weigh. If you happen upon any links about this history or about this rumor of affair with boss where someone aside from the idiot throwing punches and kicks I would appreciate seeing them.

Thanks, :)

I'm with you on the blaming the victim --- totally get that.

When I read the accounts of the history between these two (they have worked together in two locations) they have been baiting and sniping for some time.

Verbal abuse is just as heinous as physical abuse and some would say she was bullying by spreading rumors. A vicious mind and mean mouth can really hurt as much as a punch.

I do not condone the violent fierce attack on this woman and the fact that she threatened that poor boy is not forgivable.

I believe the victim should be getting an order of protection but I would also hope that she reflects deeply on her own actions too.

Workplace bullying creates a horrid toxic environment for everyone.

And there are procedures for handling those types of issues at the job.
Especially at a corporation as big as McDonalds.
No excuse.
None.

And there are procedures for handling those types of issues at the job.
Especially at a corporation as big as McDonalds.
No excuse.
None.

I hear ya!

and some managers are more effective than others......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back